• Humans are sexual creatures

Of course homosexuality is natural, it occurs within nature and there are countless scientific studies supporting this. I find it perplexing that someone who is not gay can say that it is not natural and that it is "a choice." You would hardly know whether it is a choice or not choice if you are not gay yourself (???). Dolphins have been observed performing homosexual acts towards other dolphins. Not only has homosexuality been observed within dolphin groups but scientists have also observed dolphins expressing sexual acts towards humans. Therefore refuting the "unnatural reproduction" argument as dolphins can obviously not reproduce with homo-sapiens. Yet, even though sexual reproduction is not possible between different mammals, scientists have witnessed these animals sexually advancing upon humans and other animals.

• It is, unless you ignore nature

Homosexuality is normal and natural to hundreds of other animal species... why would it not be natural for humans to be homosexual?

Bringing up points like 'religion A says it's bad', or stating that it is natures response to overpopulation is just conjecture with no current means of proving either way.

Humans are animals. Other animals exhibit homosexual behavior naturally. Therefore human homosexual activity is normal and natural.

• it has to be

The only people who really have a problem with homosexuality are the religious nuts. Even when homosexual couples adopt children or perform IVF, only the over religious people seem to have a problem with it. I don't understand how it could possibly be a choice as why would someone to choose to get bullied or attacked for no reason.

• I am gay, and it is natural.

I came out at age 20 having been with someone for the previous three years in total secrecy. The relationship was kept secret because we didn't know what our parents or other family members would say. My family didn't care when I told them I am gay, and they are happy about the man I'm with. He is my childhood love, and at the age of 21 he's the only one I want in the world (soppy).

At school and before coming out it seemed so strange and abnormal to be gay, but since coming out and accepting who I am I have realized just how normal it is. A friend of mine, who is straight, helped me believe that being homosexual is completely normal and natural. I never made the choice to be gay, just like I never chose whether I should have two legs or one head. Is it fair to question whether a gay person chose to be gay? Do straight people make a choice when they reach a certain age that they should be straight? No, of course they don't.

Of course homosexuality is natural.

• Sex was introduced by reptilians

Gay people are born gay, they can't help but be gay. God did not create male and female originally, nor did evolution create male or female, both creationism and evolution are lies, people were originally immortal and sexless and lived in a paradise on earth, all that changed when the reptilians came to earth and introduced sex into our genetics. Male and female are chemical differences in our body computer, and so is homosexuality and heterosexuality, it is the chemicals that the reptilians introduced, therefore it is ok to be who you are and no one has the right to judge you whether you are gay or strait.

• Homosexuality is natural due to its prevalence in nature

Homosexuality is exhibited in over 1500 different species and this subsequently leads me to believe that it was implemented for a reason. If God thinks homosexuality is wrong then why did he create the function of homosexuality in humans? Reproduction is the way that we sustain our human race but who says that is natural either.

• Yes it is!

It's more natural that driving in cars, speaking in a language, and wearing clothes. Humans are probably the least natural thing on earth. And plenty of other animals can be homosexual! Such as rabbits, giraffes, black swans, monkeys, dolphins and more. So what if there's no reproduction? There's too many of us already! Think of it as natures way of controlling the population.

• Natural does NOT mean "can reproduce"

Many of the arguments for "no" are saying that homosexuality is unnatural because homosexuals cannot reproduce, and that we would not be a species if everyone were homosexual. We survive as a species because most people are heterosexual. Maybe homosexuality does not "benefit" our population growth, but we have way more than enough heterosexuals to compensate.

As always, there are "anomalies" to any population (please don't take offense - I just mean that if humans were mostly homosexual we would have died out). Everyone is different. People can definitely have natural same-sex attraction, even though it isn't favored by evolution. Because evolution isn't "perfect," nor would we want it to be, because we are always a varied and adaptable species.

• It occurs naturally in nature.

Why are people against gays? So if you met someone, became their friend, then found out they were gay, does that change the person they are? Doesn't the bible tell you not to hate? Funny, there's this article about a woman who suddenly changed her view of gays when it was HER son that was discovered to be gay. Why would they choose a life of suffering? They can't help feeling attracted to their same gender. Meh, most people are just ignorant anti-gay bigots anyway.

• How many gay people need to say that they were born gay before the scales tip? A billion? Two? More?

OF COURSE it is natural to be gay. Homosexuality is no different than being born a twin or left-handed. It isn't quite as common but it does occur and is a beautiful occurrence among our species and so many others. How many men, women and children have to step out and say that they were born homosexual for people to drop their prejudices?

The argument that a species couldn't multiply if homosexuality was natural "so therefore it is unnatural" is preposterous. There is a reason that there are a mix of the two and there always will be. Furthermore, two homosexual individuals that have chosen to have a life together and have built a stable enough home to meet adoption regulations are probably better equipped to raise a child than most straight parents in this world.

You would have to be a pretty foolish person to still think that homosexuality is wrong or unnatural when the Pope is even saying that it's okay to be gay. You cannot deny the real facts any longer, no matter how much you enjoy disguising your hate as religious gospel.

• Not natural, but totally acceptable.

Totally acceptable lifestyle choice. And love between same sex is identical to love between heterosexuals. Cannot be described as 'natural' however as it is a scientific fact that two men or two women cannot reproduce. So homosexuality is not natural but is a totally acceptable and valid way of life.

• No it is NOT natural

Well it's obvious those of us that are conservative do not frequent this site..... Maybe more should. I bet the scales would be tipped a little more to the "right" on this one.
    It's not natural because it does not have anything to do with the propagation of our species..... And just why can't we use the Bible as authority??

• Homosexuality Not A Natural State

I do not believe that homosexuality is a natural state whatsoever. I firmly believe that homosexuality is a choice, made consciously or sub-consciously by the lifestyle in which a person was brought up in and around.

For homosexuality to be a natural state it would somehow have to have an impact on the reproduction of that species. This obviously is not the case as reproduction cannot be obtained by homosexuality, be it male or female.

• Homosexuality is unnatural

Most of homosexuals had same sex experiences conciously or unconciously that has motivated their choices. It is only a case of misguided upbring and making self centred decisions that leads an individual to be homosexual. They cant procreate hence it cannot be deemed natural in any possible way. What is next...Declaring paedophilia to be natural?

• What happens naturally in other species does not make homosexuality natural in human kind

The percentage of homosexuals is very low percentage wise. Statistical proof has been done to show male homosexuals/female homosexuals follow male and female patterns, ie, males tend to have more one night stands and females tend to have fewer one night stands whether they are homosexual or not. What happens in nature with other species should not show what's natural with the human species.

• Physiology and Reproduction

To me, it's simple; it takes a human male and female to produce offspring.
    Attraction is something that can change.
    To be born genderless (or with both male and female reproductive organs) is to be born with abnormalities.
    There exists, what I call, a soul (or conscience) in humans that is much different than the soul (or spirit) within animals. To say that humans are animals is a comparison that drastically falls short of accurate.

• It is not natural because it is not caused by nature.

I believe that homosexuality is not natural. And while it is found in nature, I believe it is humankind that has caused it, thereby making it unnatural by definition. I believe any practice that defies evolution sets sets itself against nature and therefore isn't natural. I'm sorry about this due to the fact that i have many homosexual friends. But I can't change facts for that.

• Not Natural at all

There are ONLY TWO genders - Male & Female. Although difficult to visualise, God had the liberty to create even TEN genders - but that is a discussion for another day.
    Now, a person succumbing to a certain weakness and many people doing that does not make it natural.
    A male is attracted to a female because of the genetic structure and the hormones and God knows how many more compounds. If not, well, there is some issue with the expected structure, correct ?

• It goes against the law of nature, with or without including religion.

In biology we are constantly bombarded with evolutionary theories, the most important one being that every species has a primal need to pass down their genetic information, and the only way the human race is able to do so is through a male-to-female interaction.

Comparing humans to animals that can change genders or who have opposite-gender private parts or have homosexual sexual activities yet still reproduce is ludicrous because what may work for them may not work for us, so therefore it is natural for them but still unnatural for us. All species differentiate.

I do believe that homosexual behavior can be both created or not. I have known individuals who, because they are simply fed up with their gender, decide to give the opposite gender "a go". Are these feelings something they have a choice in feeling? Absolutely. I also believe that homosexual feelings are desires rooted in some people's heads, but it is still a desire that must be controlled. After all, how could we be civilized if we accepted everyone's desires? We would be hypocritical if we said that loving someone of your own gender is OK but necrophilia, incest, or beastiality is wrong. Society labels those of the aforementioned as 'wrong' and 'disgusting' and expect them to curb their desires, but they can make the same points that homosexuals adore to use: "We can love whomever we want," "who are you to tell me that my love is wrong, it is love" and so on.

In conclusion, this issue is mostly political. If you do your research you will notice that homosexuality was labelled as a disorder up until the 1970s and was only changed due to mounting political pressure to change it, and not because science deemed it natural.

• It is not natural.

Saying it is natural because in hundreds of others animals it occurs, is an invalid reasoning. Animals tend to resort to cannibalism, feeding on their young, incest, and homosexuality. If a man were to eat his own children, would you say that's natural?

Also, in order for it to be natural, homosexuals would be able to reproduce. A male and female are compatible with each other to reproduce. That is what our human bodies are made for.

Quan says2013-06-11T04:53:38.827
It may be natural to enjoy sexual relations with another man (or even with yourself, for that matter). But your sexual attraction should primarily be towards women, as it's a biological urge to reproduce. A man who chooses to engage in sexual relations exclusively with other men is inherently unnatural in this regard.