• It will give you mental peace.

I think honesty is the best policy because being honest will give you mental peace. You don't have to live with guilt because you lied. If you are always honest with people you don't have to remember the lie you told them. The other person will always trust you. Being honest with someone shows character and shows that you trust them enough to let them know that you tell the truth and nothing but the truth. When someone feels you are honest with them they tend to trust you more and this builds a strong relationship. It also assures the other person that you are trustworthy. Dishonest people don't get second chances when they lie because people are going to think they are always lying to them.

• Perfection in the WORLD!

honesty is the best policy because the little white lie is going to be revieled somehow. Also, honesty can be a advantage because you get to know what's going to happen and what is happening. Otherwise, you'll be finding something very weird from what you were expecting or had in mind. Therefore, honesty is the best policy you should use and should be used from now on. Also, lies might ruin your life by ruining your friendship, family by coming up with exuses nobody would understand, and would be coming up with a werid exuses that might lose the priviledge of your trust you have from your friends, family and the ones that are close to you.

• An old proverb once said honesty is the most important policy

Honesty is the keystone to a successful relationship that forms society. Without honesty nobody would be able to make friendships or bond with anyone. People use this simple method to telling the truth to build friendships and better the world. The entirety of the judicial branch in the United States would be pointless without honesty. No trial would conclude to a verdict if it was not for honesty.

Honesty is always important to have at any circumstance it will make you and the people that you have associations with feel alot better. No one likes to keep secrets and lies yet it is natural to try benefit your self by simply lying but in the end it always make the issue worse. Comment when people make white lies they feel that it is harmless but it could lead to a bad friendship without keeping things honest.

Honesty is the best policy it has helped build empires through being honest with its citizens. Lying is never the way to it can lead to worsening circumstances. When someone asks another how they feel about a certain thing then they are asking for the honest opinion. If you were to lie to them in order to try to preserve the person in good spirits may then they may be led down the wrong path because they never heard the real opinion. Them down the wrong path because they never got the honest opinion.

People would not get along without honesty for many reason mostly because lying is always the consequences to not telling the truth and lying can harm people feelings and mislead many.

• Why not honest?

People have he option to be honest and sometimes it may be easy to lie. However, lying means that one will have to remember all of the lies that he/she told which may confuse them later on. Also, honesty is only a policy and can be bent when necessary. For example, when one is at a guest's house and they ask him/her if the food was good. Secretly, the person didn't like it but they are being considerate of the other person's feelings by lying and saying that the food was good. This is a perfect example where honesty isn't really the best policy.

• Honesty is the best policy

Honesty is the best policy .Telling lies for saving a situation might make it worse than it is. Saying the truth strenghten your charecter and make people easily trust you. Be always honest especially with your friends in order to protect your relationships Isay yes for honesty even if it hurts

• Honesty is the best policy

• Honesty is the best policy in my life

When i say to my mom the truth i feel happy .I think the people should see behind the world what is there in it. When i was childhood i use to say lots of lie and get a bad name in the society.So as my opinion "Be a good human being ,Be a truthful man in the society "then only the world will see you .

• Yes it turth

Ruth is most often used to mean being in accord with fact or reality,[1] or fidelity to an original or to a standard or ideal.

The commonly understood opposite of truth is falsehood, which, correspondingly, can also take on a logical, factual, or ethical meaning. The concept of truth is discussed and debated in several contexts, including philosophy and religion. Many human activities depend upon the concept, where its nature as a concept is assumed rather than being a subject of discussion; these include most (but not all) of the sciences, law, and everyday life.

• Honesty is always best policy

Honesty is the best policy because you can make more friends this way. More people would like to hang out with you if you are always honest wth them. The kids will come to you for an honest opinion because they already know that you will be honest with them. It is good to be honest with everyone. :)

• A price to be paid for honesty.

I'm one of those people who has a hard time lying. I'm good at the needed white lies, but overall I'm honest. People say they appreciate my honesty and often I want to say that I can't help it - because I can't. The truth frequently flies out of my mouth before I have a chance to edit. You do pay a price with certain people avoiding you and other people looking at you like there's something wrong. Wouldn't change anything for the world. I sleep well.

• Honesty is not the best policy

Honesty is not the best policy. First, if you always tell the truth, everyone will know your privacy and secrets. Second, if you play a game or magic tricks, you tell the people the truth, so you might lose or know the answer for the magic tricks already. So, I think honesty is not the best policy.

• Honesty can get you into trouble.

For example, if you forgot to do something at your job and were honest about it, you could get fired, which could lead to financial trouble (if you're unlucky.) On the other hand, if you lie about it and don't get caught, you will most likely keep your job and maybe get a promotion.

• Not all the time.

Honesty is not always the best policy. I would rather tell someone a lie instead of hurting their feelings or making them feel bad. I can live with not telling the truth as long as it does not hurt someone else. If not being honest can help you get out of trouble or will help you, why not lie?

• One way to ensure to remain poor is to be an honest man.

In today's world it is not smart to be honest. Since the first day you could speak you've been taught that lies are bad. Lying may be frowned upon but it is the smartest decision politically and in business or just in everyday life. Like do you think all the banks car salesmen or even political leaders tell you the truth if you thought yes to any of these you are a fool. Which you think they would tell the truth but i guess you cant trust anyone. All i am trying to say is that if you want to be high in a business or politics you cannot be honest or you will be crushed or fired by the dishonest selfish people out there.

• Honesty Is Bad!

The reason honesty is not the best policy is because if you are honest you could hurt peoples feelings and get you in trouble. Also, you won't be a good liar, and lying can be useful sometimes. People will ask you things all the time, knowing you will tell them the truth, and that would be bad.

• It depends on the situation:

Look if your friend asked for your opinion on something concerning them you would automatically give positive feedback. If you told the truth all the time you would probably have a significantly lowered number of friends. All of us at one point or another have been in the situation where we say "I love it,"without really meaning that at all. We're saying it for the benefit of whoever gave us the unwanted gift. If government officials started randomly telling all the other important people of the world how they really felt the whole world would constantly be at war.
    But at the same time being a constant liar is no good because once one lie is found out people tend to stop trusting you. Start to wonder if everything you've told them were lies.
    Don't try to say none of this applies to you because that would be a major lie. As far as I know we're only human.
    And you know that's true.

• The White lies

White lies I think are necessary to survive life without hurting peoples feelings. If your kids are asking you if Santa is real, I don't think it would be such a great idea for you to outright say NO! This could crush your kids childhood dreams! White lies can protect people from the harsh truth and I'm not saying honesty is a bad thing but I think white lies can be good and help protect people from eventually finding out the truth.

• Only in moderation.

Talking in terms of the one telling the lie/truth, truth is only good to not feel guilty about lying. And even so, you may feel worse for the content of the truth you speak. Also, the concept of truth itself is very vague. Are we to tell only the truth always? Are we to tell the truth but omit the unpleasant parts? Or is omittance a form of lying? If so, then surely every second I don't purge my every waking thought, I am lying (no matter how much truth I also manage to speak).

• Certain Circumstances Do Call For Less Honesty

No matter where you are or what your doing, honesty will test you at one point in your life. That moment when you just can't bear to tell the truth. That moment when you know someone would be better off not knowing, or believing something better. You know it's true.

• Honesty is not the best policy.

If everyone would be honest, the world would be just too simple, and the humanity would stop progressing, and start getting dumber and dumber. Yes, honesty is often the best answer to a lot of different situations, but if you're too honest, the people wouldn't get you at all, since it's pretty unusual to share everything you've got in your mind with the outside world.

tahmineh_da says2015-05-05T11:27:31.890
We teach our children from a young age that it is wrong to tell a lie. However, as adults we often find that we need to avoid telling the truth to avoid hurting somebody's feelings.
Small lies (or 'white lies') to protect other people's feelings are an everyday part of life. When friends ask for your opinion, they sometimes want reassurance, not honest criticism. 'Do you like my new coat?' requires a positive answer, even if you hate the coat. Most people tell white lies like this all time, without feeling guilty or immoral.
It is true that there are people who refuse to lie, even if telling the truth is unpopular. These people always speak their mind, no matter how insensitive other people might find them. Their friends usually accept this as part of their personality, and may even admire it.
In conclusion, I believe that for most of us, honesty is the best policy when it comes to important matters. However, white lies are a frequent and necessary part of our social life.