• It will give you mental peace.

I think honesty is the best policy because being honest will give you mental peace. You don't have to live with guilt because you lied. If you are always honest with people you don't have to remember the lie you told them. The other person will always trust you. Being honest with someone shows character and shows that you trust them enough to let them know that you tell the truth and nothing but the truth. When someone feels you are honest with them they tend to trust you more and this builds a strong relationship. It also assures the other person that you are trustworthy. Dishonest people don't get second chances when they lie because people are going to think they are always lying to them.

• Perfection in the WORLD!

honesty is the best policy because the little white lie is going to be revieled somehow. Also, honesty can be a advantage because you get to know what's going to happen and what is happening. Otherwise, you'll be finding something very weird from what you were expecting or had in mind. Therefore, honesty is the best policy you should use and should be used from now on. Also, lies might ruin your life by ruining your friendship, family by coming up with exuses nobody would understand, and would be coming up with a werid exuses that might lose the priviledge of your trust you have from your friends, family and the ones that are close to you.

• Honesty is the best policy

Honesty is the best policy becaues if you lie then you can get your self in a butt load of trouble. So nver lie to a police officer or you will get arested.So if don't want to get arested then tell the truth and that won't happen to you.

• Always Honest

Yes I do believe that honesty is the best policy. One should never be less than honest. When someone asks you something then they expect an honest answer. If you are not honest then people will never truly trust you. It is always so easy not to be honest, it takes honor to be a honest person.

• Yes.

Obviously there are some situations where lying is the right thing to do, such as the examples that philochristos gave. But generally, honesty is a good policy to follow in everyday life. Keep in mind the "policy" is just a guiding principle, and can be overridden if absolutely necessary.

• Honesty is the best policy in my life

When i say to my mom the truth i feel happy .I think the people should see behind the world what is there in it. When i was childhood i use to say lots of lie and get a bad name in the society.So as my opinion "Be a good human being ,Be a truthful man in the society "then only the world will see you .

• Yes it turth

Ruth is most often used to mean being in accord with fact or reality,[1] or fidelity to an original or to a standard or ideal.

The commonly understood opposite of truth is falsehood, which, correspondingly, can also take on a logical, factual, or ethical meaning. The concept of truth is discussed and debated in several contexts, including philosophy and religion. Many human activities depend upon the concept, where its nature as a concept is assumed rather than being a subject of discussion; these include most (but not all) of the sciences, law, and everyday life.

• Honesty is always best policy

Honesty is the best policy because you can make more friends this way. More people would like to hang out with you if you are always honest wth them. The kids will come to you for an honest opinion because they already know that you will be honest with them. It is good to be honest with everyone. :)

• A price to be paid for honesty.

I'm one of those people who has a hard time lying. I'm good at the needed white lies, but overall I'm honest. People say they appreciate my honesty and often I want to say that I can't help it - because I can't. The truth frequently flies out of my mouth before I have a chance to edit. You do pay a price with certain people avoiding you and other people looking at you like there's something wrong. Wouldn't change anything for the world. I sleep well.

• Honesty is best

I think people who say we can't be honest in today's world are those who have something to hide. Well! Then don't do anything you have to hide and then it's easy to be honest.
    When we have good intentions at heart and always strive to be the same regardless of whether other people are watching us or not, then we have nothing to hide. When we aren't comfortable with sharing sensitive information with others because let's face it, there are manipulative people, then we can politely decline to engage in personal conversations or say we aren't comfortable sharing our personal stuff with everybody. We don't have to lie or think honesty isn't the best policy here.

Also when someone asks if a dress looks good on them and we don't like it we can say just that- that we don't like it which doesn't mean the dress isn't good or we can suggest another color or dress that would look good on them. Lying starts with small things.

• Honesty is not the best policy

Honesty is not the best policy. First, if you always tell the truth, everyone will know your privacy and secrets. Second, if you play a game or magic tricks, you tell the people the truth, so you might lose or know the answer for the magic tricks already. So, I think honesty is not the best policy.

• Not all the time.

Honesty is not always the best policy. I would rather tell someone a lie instead of hurting their feelings or making them feel bad. I can live with not telling the truth as long as it does not hurt someone else. If not being honest can help you get out of trouble or will help you, why not lie?

• It depends on the situation:

Look if your friend asked for your opinion on something concerning them you would automatically give positive feedback. If you told the truth all the time you would probably have a significantly lowered number of friends. All of us at one point or another have been in the situation where we say "I love it,"without really meaning that at all. We're saying it for the benefit of whoever gave us the unwanted gift. If government officials started randomly telling all the other important people of the world how they really felt the whole world would constantly be at war.
    But at the same time being a constant liar is no good because once one lie is found out people tend to stop trusting you. Start to wonder if everything you've told them were lies.
    Don't try to say none of this applies to you because that would be a major lie. As far as I know we're only human.
    And you know that's true.

• The White lies

White lies I think are necessary to survive life without hurting peoples feelings. If your kids are asking you if Santa is real, I don't think it would be such a great idea for you to outright say NO! This could crush your kids childhood dreams! White lies can protect people from the harsh truth and I'm not saying honesty is a bad thing but I think white lies can be good and help protect people from eventually finding out the truth.

• Only in moderation.

Talking in terms of the one telling the lie/truth, truth is only good to not feel guilty about lying. And even so, you may feel worse for the content of the truth you speak. Also, the concept of truth itself is very vague. Are we to tell only the truth always? Are we to tell the truth but omit the unpleasant parts? Or is omittance a form of lying? If so, then surely every second I don't purge my every waking thought, I am lying (no matter how much truth I also manage to speak).

• Honesty can get you into trouble.

For example, if you forgot to do something at your job and were honest about it, you could get fired, which could lead to financial trouble (if you're unlucky.) On the other hand, if you lie about it and don't get caught, you will most likely keep your job and maybe get a promotion.

• It Varies From Every Situation

First of all, lying is not always the right answer but honesty is not in actuality the BEST policy. For example, white lies are told in order not to hurt someone's feelings. How exactly is not telling the truth in this situation bad? If someone were to ask if they look ugly because of something which they cannot help, then lying would be the better option because the truth could hurt them and it might affect them psychologically as well as affect their self-esteem and how they carry themselves.

Secondly, if a person were to be kidnapped and he had a concealed weapon or a form of help and the kidnapper asked if he had any such thing, the truth here would not be the wisest option either, it would be pure stupidity to give away that you have some way to escape.

Third, if someone were to ask you about something you had sworn to keep a secret, you wouldn't actually give them the truth, now would you? That would be betrayal.

Honestly is not always the best policy. It depends on the situation, circumstances and effects of what the truth may bring.

• Certain Circumstances Do Call For Less Honesty

No matter where you are or what your doing, honesty will test you at one point in your life. That moment when you just can't bear to tell the truth. That moment when you know someone would be better off not knowing, or believing something better. You know it's true.

• Honesty is not the best policy.

If everyone would be honest, the world would be just too simple, and the humanity would stop progressing, and start getting dumber and dumber. Yes, honesty is often the best answer to a lot of different situations, but if you're too honest, the people wouldn't get you at all, since it's pretty unusual to share everything you've got in your mind with the outside world.

• One way to ensure to remain poor is to be an honest man.

In today's world it is not smart to be honest. Since the first day you could speak you've been taught that lies are bad. Lying may be frowned upon but it is the smartest decision politically and in business or just in everyday life. Like do you think all the banks car salesmen or even political leaders tell you the truth if you thought yes to any of these you are a fool. Which you think they would tell the truth but i guess you cant trust anyone. All i am trying to say is that if you want to be high in a business or politics you cannot be honest or you will be crushed or fired by the dishonest selfish people out there.