Is human intelligence a curse for planet earth?

Asked by: Furyan5
  • Ignorance is bliss. Knowledge makes it almost impossible to enjoy life.

Insults are allowed, so if you can't handle being insulted, don't leave a comment.
    Let me start by saying that I consider myself an idiot. My views are my own and I base them on personal experiences. To me they seem logical. Feel free to disagree, but be prepared to backs up your beliefs.

• Human intelligence is a curse for planet earth.

The Gaia hypothesis, also known as Gaia theory or Gaia principle, proposes that organisms interact with their inorganic surroundings on Earth to form a self-regulating, complex system that helps to maintain the conditions for life on the planet. Topics of interest include how the biosphere and the evolution of life forms affect the stability of global temperature, ocean salinity, oxygen in the atmosphere and other environmental variables that affect the habitability of Earth.

But humans have used their intelligence in a very self destructive manner. The way we are evolving ensures the mass destruction of not only of the mankind but the other living organism inhabiting the planet earth. This beautiful planet is slowly but surely transforming into a non-habitable zone. I wish if only we can use our intelligence for preservation rather than destruction.

• I am an Atheist

Firstly, I don't believe in curses but I don't think that this was literally referring to curses so I will respond to this in more depth.

Human intelligence cannot possibly be a curse. Without our intelligence the Earth would lack its uniqueness. We would be unable to develop and we would not have our free will.

How is no intelligence a good thing?

• Yes, but mostly no.

@Furyan5 Says that Knowledge makes it impossible to enjoy life. I disagree. It's not as if knowledge clutters all the functions of your body, not allowing you to smile or laugh. I'm a "kinda-smarter-than-average" Guy, and I enjoy life all the time. You don't need to be stupid to enjoy life, that just doesn't make sense. Yes, you can overthink things when you're super-smart, but I'd rather over-think something than not know anything about it.

• Intelligence is Good

I am at the top of my class and most of my peers would concur. I am also proud to say that I am not depressed my my knowledge, and that I find plenty of ways to enjoy life: having friends, being with my dogs, playing with my little brother, and so many more.

• Intelligence is not the destroyer

Intelligence in itself is not destroying the planet; it is how it is applied. There has been multiple debates on global warming, is it occurring or not, manmade or not. Feeding the planet, fighting wars, natural resource use and so forth are agued daily by intelligent people. It appears there is no real consensus due to where a party’s agenda and personal interest lie on either side of the topics.