• It is a sport

I am not big on hunting but I would say that it is a sport. A long time ago hunting was necessary for survival. Now days it is mostly just a sport. Hunters try to bring back the biggest buck, or whatever they are hunting. This would definitely classify it as a sport.

• Hunting can be a sport

Sports can involve skill, competition, entertainment and rules. Hunting with an appreciation of the animal and it's habitat is a sport. Some hunters are skilled trackers and trappers and especially those who eat what they hunt are participating in a sport. I would exclude people who use assault weapons or use a scorched earth approach, since they aren't relying on any skills or experience for hunting.

• I think that hunting is a sport.

I think that hunting is a sport. Anything that people do competitively can be
    considered a sport. And, any competition
    with a strict set of rules and regulations can also be considered a sport. There are many hunters in America, especially
    in the south, and it would be a good idea to make hunting an Olympic sport.

• Yes it is.

• Yes It Is

I do not believe hunting can be compared to a lot of sports, but overall I do find it to be like a sport. I believe people who hunt take on a very competitive mind set, rather that be against their own experiences in the past or they are simply trying to beat a friend.

• 100% a sport

I live in Maine and there were 3,000 car-deer collisions last year. 3 were fatal and 500 sent people to the emergency room. Also, Maine white-tail deer are at 200% their ideal population. Hunting has been a Maine tradition and sport for years. Up here, if you didn't shoot a deer, you know someone who did

• Definitely, absolutely, 100%

But it is also necessary. Here in Ohio, over 218,000 deer were hunted. But you still see them when you drive at night and there are a lot of car crashes caused by deer. The sport is a way of life for some people and it is also a fun pastime.

• It is not a sport

Since when is killing sport? Think in wild animals view. You are walking and suddenly you hear a bang and you are dead. Is that sports? If hunting is sports butchery is sport as well. Why do you even need to hunt? There super market everywhere and we have I phone and computers. Hunting is not only food source and entertainment in 21th century.

• There's nothing sporting about killing animals.

Hunters seem to think that it's a sport, but I'm not so certain of that. I can think of several gun related activities that could be considered a sport, but none of them involve killing living creatures. I think that hunting might be called recreation. If you want a sport that involves shooting things, try clay targets.

• Murder is no sport!!!!

Since when does murder appeal to anyone? How would you like to be slain for sport? Huhl huh? Thats what i thought you slithering scum! If you were a wizard youd go to slytherin!!!! Kys u fugitsss!!! Die die die die die die die!!!!! Or think about what you've done!!!!