Is ice skating (professional) more dangerous than roller skating (professional)

Asked by: caty44444444
  • Ice skating is more dangerous

I think ice skating is more dangerous because if you fall, someone could run over your fingers and they could be cut off. Sometimes it may be hard to reattach them due to a jagged cut. If it's not a clean cut, then you may be without fingers for the rest of your life. That'd why Im afraid to go ice skating

• I am an ice skater and it is perfectly safe

Nobody's fingers have gotten cut off at my rink, and it is very rare. Also, on roller skates they are more likely to slide backwards when they land or if they stumble, and they could get a serious head injury or back injury. Also, it's easier to turn on ice skates, because wheels skid and get stuck.

• Why do roller skaters wear helmets?

I am an ice skater myself, skating 9 times a week. I have never broken a bone or even cut myself badly whilst ice-skating. Of course, you fall numerous times whilst ice skating and/or roller skating, but concrete often does more damage than ice. Also, leaning back on your heel to break whilst roller skating is highly dangerous. The chances of you falling backwards and injuring your back are high. Whereas in ice skating, you slide your blade to stop, and if you do fall, you either just fall to the side, or fall straight down into a sitting position. I have learnt from experience that ice skating is less dangerous than roller skating. Thankyou!