• Because I believe in you

I believe in you and because your the greatest band ever and I know you are Christensen band and your music is unblevubel and your not pop your cristen band and your asome band ever πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘ΈπŸ’‹πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’ŸπŸ’œπŸ‘πŸ‘βœŒπŸ°πŸ’’πŸ’ŽπŸ’Œβœ…β€πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸΊ your king of all bands in the world so your asome band ever needed

• Because I believe in you

• Kind Of Christian

The band itself might claim they aren't Christian, but I say they are. In the song Theatre, the chorus is as follows,'I'm gonna burn this theatre down and pray to God for the strength to help me face the crowd' If you arn't Christian, then why mention, praying to God at all?

• Kind Of Christian

• In response to Mr. "I don't think they are."

1. Just because "You" did not hear any reference to God or Jesus does not mean others can not interpret it as a message. 2. Indeed, because Christians are supposed to dress like pilgrims from Plymouth Colony. Christians aren't people, they don't have freedom to dress as they want. (did you get the sarcasm?) 3. Color of hair determining if you are Christian or not...Do I even need to say more? Lastly, What is "and she can see the phone book!" supposed to mean? If it is relevant to whether or not they are a christian band then I guess I must be getting old because "I don't think" it does. Please put more thought into your brain puke before you click submit.

• I mean Really?

Tooth and Nail records just churns out Christian rock bands that sing about their faith and such with vague lyrics. Taylor Swift isn't referred to as a Christian singer because her songs aren't primarily vague references to Christ or God. If Icon for Hire's main body of work was about bad boyfriends then they wouldn't be Christian Rock either.

• I mean Really?

• There are many reasons why they aren't.

Sure, the members are Christian, but that doesn't make them a Christian Band. Taylor Swift is Christian and nobody calls her a Christian Singer. Also, they may be signed to a Christian record label, but that doesn't make them a Christian Band. They have said they aren't a Christian Band, proving that they aren't a Christian Band.

• New album says otherwise.

They might have used to be a christian band who said they didn't want to be identified as Christian because it was not their audience. But... Their new album proves that even if they WERE a Christian band, they aren't now. Fvcking? D1ck? Christian artists don't use those words. Sorry.

• They are Christian but the band isn't.

If you read up on them then you would know that they don't classify themselves as a Christian band. And also most Christian bands are made on the purpose of spreading gods word or whatever but their purpose is mainly about being yourself no matter what and just surviving through hard times.

• Even Icon for Hire says they aren't a christian band.

The members of the band may be christian. They may have been signed to a christian record label. But, the band has said they are NOT a christian band. They have said that because they don't want to turn away potential fans. So, if even Icon for Hire says they don't label themselves a christian band, then they aren't.

• I don't think so, but why does it matter?

You don't have to be christian in order to pray, in fact, that is usually a sign of last resort for many nonbelievers. She could you the pray to god to show her desperation. If the band says they are not a christian band, then they are not a christian band. If you choose to view their music in a religious way, that's fine, but don't insist they are a christian band. And either way, it doesnt matter if they are a christian band. If music is good, listen to it. Point blank.

• Don't think so

Although most of their lyrics can be put in to a Christian context, and there are plenty of references to God and prayer etc, the same can be said of many bands that mention these things but because the church has hurt them and it's part of their vent to lyricise this. More recent lyrics include swearing along side the 'hidden faith', so I think whatever believe they had is fading. They are also no longer part of Tooth and Nail records, chosing to be independant, another indicator.

• Don't think so

• Christians don't swear.

In their newer song, Now You Know, Ariel cussed multiple times, which really isn't needed in the song in the first place to get her point across. I know they've been featured on Christian music stations like RadioU, but I wouldn't put them under the category of Christian like bands like Toby Mac and Third Day

• They have clearly stated that they are not!

Ariel (REL) said that they are not playing christians music but they are playing it to save the world. Also wikipedia and other sources have not listed any of their genres a christian rock, they are classed as alternative rock hard rock electronic metal and electronic rock. Not christian rock just because there on a so called christian label they are not christian

• I don't see thema as a Christian rock band

When they played in Germany they always distanced themselves from beeing a Christian band. As I also got to know one of their members even distanced himself from Christanity at all. So there might be "good" influences in their music, but a connection to a maybe Christian background must not be drawn.