• I believe so, yes ^^

I personally feel that I come across this quite oftenin life, though I do agree that it can't be applied to everyone. It is true that some have found bliss in knowlege of this world, but I've noticed that people who persue knowlege are more what I would say are thirsty for it, they want to know more more more. The truth isn't always something to persue or learn about. I have witnessed many that would be happier without the knowlege they have to this day. Some learn negative truths and I'm turn, feel negatively or sometimes want to change it in hopes of it becoming what it's not, positive. What then happens to those who have knowlege of this "truth" that have to live with it? We are all very human, there is very little exception.

A fish that lives in the sea with no knowlege of land is a happy fish, a living fish. If that fish were to obtain knowlege of the land, naturally he would want to go there? For curiosity or maybe because he knows how wonderful it is there. But what happens to the fish that doesn't know he can't breathe on land? Simply put, he dies. But the other choice he would have is to eternally swim the ocean with knowlege of the land but never being able to see it, would he still be a happy fish then knowing of his own significance in the world? Being unable to visit the land whilst knowing of its greatness? Would he be content eating kelp and swimming mindlessly?

• I'd have to say Ignorance is absolute bliss

We say ignorance isn't bliss because we know it's not or should not be. What about those who don't though? Children, are protected by parents and have no reason to care. Stupid/dumb people have no reason to care because they don't know how to or were not aloud to in the first place. So why wouldn't it be bliss if they can't care about anything to an extent? Of course they'd have to care about well being and surviving and what ever instinct leaves them but otherwise they are carefree and do what they want when they want. I know because I am a kid. I am protected by my parent and in many ways stupid beyond recognizable belief. I have no reason to care what happens to someone in Florida I could care less what happens to my neighbors checking account. I will continue to do so until I have direct reason not to.

• Hear no evil, see no evil

When one is not exposed to difficult issues, they are more likely to have a happy life. Think back to your childhood: you didn't know about child labour, war, etc. and believed that every story has a happy ending. This outlook made for a happy person and a happy life. Imagine how much happier you would be if you knew no evil. Therefore I believe that ignorance is bliss.

• Yes

Being ignorant to something allows it to be ignored and not thought about or worried and stressed over. To live ignorantly is to live peacefully unaware. Issues that you are not aware of are not issues that you have to face and therefore, they do not have any consequence on your life.

• Unknowing is not possible

Ignorance is bliss because you cant unknow something once you have the knowledge of it. For example, when you find out something that you never wanted to know in the first place, you cant have like what brain memory loss to forget about it; it stays in your memory forever.

• It's an existential conundrum

I think it's more a question of what bliss is. Bliss, to me, would be being completely content, with no thirst/hunger for anything more. However, to knowingly limit yourself by accepting ignorance, well, that can't really be bliss, can it? I suppose I'm on the fence in the end, but for now I support the stance of "yes" very slightly more.

• Yes it can be.

Ignorance is bliss because sometimes you know something but you would rather not accept it for what it is. In that case by not completely knowing and understanding the situation you are protecting yourself from getting hurt, or bothered by it. That is where the phrase ignorance is bliss comes into play.

• Although it is not ideal, I believe ignorance is bliss.

Before I get into argument, let me remind you that ignorance is definitely bliss, but not the best thing. Most people, when they are ignorant of a fact that hurts them, will stay very happy. Howver, being ignorant will also lead to unjustified confidence. Taking me as an example, I was in love with one girl for a long time, even to the point where I was dreaming about her. I was also sure that she liked me back, but was ignorant of the fact that she liked my best friend as well. When I found out, I was depressed, but finding out saved me from getting rejected, which makes it even worse. But the question was if ignorance is bliss, and I say it definitely is.

• Ignorance can be bliss.

In my opinion, ignorance can be bliss. Take your childhood for example. Ever come home drunk, get past mom and dad, and create no household drama... Your parents are happy and no problems have been created. Until they find out about your wrong doings, they can't be mad, and you can't be in trouble.

• Ignorance is bliss

It is impossible to worry about problems that you don't know exist. Therefore, when you are ignorant to certain problems, you can't worry about them. A life without worry is a more blissful life than one with worry. With this in mind, being ignorant to situations and problems is actually bliss.

• Weak.

If you believe you want ignorance, then you are weak. You can't bare the burden of intelligence, or the truth. If you are unaware you become a slave. Instead of wishing you never knew, learn more about it. Come to a realization of what the problem is and how to deal with it.

• I do not believe so!

If a person is intelligent, then being ignorant about life will not work. I am always questioning how life works, and people intentions. If a person is ignorant, it could hinder that person from making a better decision for themselves and family. I believe the more educated someone is the more he realizes that he does not have all the answers!

• Not for me

For some it may be, but not knowing is not enough for me. I like learning and asking questions. I try not to make excuses for my ignorance, especially when said ignorance can cause irrational hatred, fear, and anger. If anything, ignorance is not blissful at all. Knowing is blissful.

• To a Point

To the individual, yes it is. If it is about emotional thing that would destroy the person then it is good that they dont know and can continue to be in bliss. if it is about something that can help the environment, or some political thing then no, you should know what is going on.

• Ignorance is not bliss

Is Ignorance really bliss in the situation like Charlie had? In this cause it is not because of the problems people face when they don't have the intelligence and have a low IQ score. Not knowing how to read and write simple words won´t get people far in life and may have low paying jobs. In the situation of Charlie Gordon he was being made fun of by what he calls his friends when really they just make fun of him and he doesn't notice it til later in the story. He also get drunk at a party that he got invited to and woke up and had bruises and a cop had brought him home.

When Charlie Gordon was intelligent he felt more excited now that he had know things and had gotten over a IQ of 200 he knew everything and was as smart as Albert Einstein. He soon come to realise that he was getting bullied by a ton of people making fun. For example if there was going to be a earthquake or a storm coming soon it can lead to disaster not when how to prepare or not even know when it is going to happen. There is a point to get across where ignorance is really bliss not it is really not that often but even them you can just create a solution to the problem you are having.

Having intelligent conversation can even be difficult if you don't know what you are talking about. Ignorance being bliss can make you happy but not full happiness you won't really know what the real is what's going on in this world

• I don't think ignorance is bliss.

I don't agree with ignorance is bliss because, Ignorance, in general, can be extremely dangerous and harmful. However, a piece of ignorance can prove to be the route to some blissful happiness in a limited range of time and circumstances thereby being illusory and elusive in nature, sustained and real bliss can only come from truth and knowledge that have appropriate applicability on a stable and lasting basis. If you are ignorant, perhaps you won't feel bad realities, but still, they do exist and cause the problems, and doesn't differ whether you know or not, but one difference.If you know the reality, since you are a Homo sapiens and have a creative mind, you can think of solutions and get over them.

• I don't think ignorance is bliss.

• Ingorance Is not bliss

You should learn about things you don't know.It will help in the future, as you get a job, and so you can get paid more.If you don't know it, then why should you be happy.It will just make you more stupid.My opinion is that you should know about it, so you don't have to worry later.

• Ignorance isn't bliss.

In my opinion, I do not believe that ignorance is bliss. Being dumb isn't perfect happiness!!! If you don't know anything you will not know what going on in the life while you are leaving in your own world. You will not be able to see reality as it is , instead you will be in your own little world knowing nothing and being happy. My opinion is I would rather be smart and know the truth even if it hurts than knowing nothing and being happy. Life is not all sunshine and rainbows it could be a very nasty little place and even though it hurts sometimes you have to be smart and strong to face it.

• Ignorance is not Bliss.