• The problem with infinites

If you lived for an infinite amount of time, anything that can happen to you will, by definition, happen to you. That means you will die. So the concept of immortality is a paradox in an of itself. Secondly, you will also suffer infinite pain. Pain is worse than happiness is good.

• Yes, I agree that people shouldn't live forever.

The fact that we only have a limited amount of time on this earth is one of the main things that give our lives meaning. It encourages us to make the best use of our time and to experience as much of what this world has to offer while we still have a chance to. If we never did die, I fear that life would seem meaningless. I wonder what we would spend all of eternity doing.

• Immortality is bad.

First of all, unless you are cloned or frozen in time, immortality is impossible, at least for now. If it were possible, I don't think it would be good. People continue to have babies and they never die, Therefore, the population would over run the world. There would not be enough jobs for people and the balance of nature would be completely thrown off.

• beginning and end

What would be the point in beginning if there is no ending? If immortality were to exist, why or how would you have begun? The mystery of the end will never be answered. Please someone explain why you would want to live forever in the first place. Whats to live for if there is no ending.

• Yup, who would actually want to live forever?

Assuming the body does not decay while it is still occupied, as no flesh can last forever, immortality may seem, at first glance, to be a golden opportunity. But, when dissected and further examined it becomes evident that it is a fool's gold. To watch ones family and friends fade from history is a sodden affair. One would find themselves to be lost in a world in which no one can comprehend their views and experiences. Their days would be laden with boredom that can only be achieved from a life times worth of excitement. A life that lasts forever is arguably no life at all, in order for one to truly experience life, the threat of death must all ways lay heavy on their heels.

• Immortality is bad.

• Human Immortality is science fiction

Human immortality is something that more and more people are starting to wish and work for. For it or against it, this incredible feat will take a long amount of time to achieve. The human body functions that we will need to conquer to reach immortality will be very difficult. Also, if humans are ever capable of becoming immortal it will lead to a long list of problems. Our world surely does not need any more problems especially ones of this magnitude.
    The most obvious way to start the list of the feats that we will need to conquer to reach immortality is aging. Now within the body there are these things called telomeres, and they help our cells replicate and stay healthy, but they can’t do that forever so after a while telomeres start to shorten which causes our cells to age and function slower. If we could find a way to make telomeres not able to shorten then our cells would not be able to age, but telomeres run off of ATP (energy the body creates) which the body does not have an infinite supply of. If you choose to take my word on telomeres take the scientist’s advice at https://www.tasciences.com/what-is-a-telomere/. So, even if we were to get telomeres to stop shrinking we would have to find some infinite fuel source so the telomeres could function forever at a high rate.
    Now, let’s get all of that science talk out of the way and let’s get into more of an easier explanation of why human immortality is a bad thing. Imagine growing up and being told that you are going to live forever. When you are in junior high this might not matter to you, but when you reach high school many kids will not care about what they do then because they know that they are going to live forever. Certain things like getting good grades or paying attention in class everyday will not matter because people will know that they can always come back and do certain things over again. This issue will lead into a huge heap of problem which will ultimately lead into life having no meaning. Why do people take huge risks and do peruse amazing feats? They do them because they know that they are not going to live forever so they must live life like there is no tomorrow. If you would like to read more facts that would make human immortality bad visit https://listverse.com/2012/12/12/10-terrifying-downsides-to-immortality/.
    Like I said in the beginning human immortality is something that more and more people are starting to wish and work for. As those people that are working for human immortality getting closer and closer to reaching it, I hope that those people realize the danger that it will have on short and long term life of all humans.

• Think further please

We always need to think about the consequences ,there will be a decline in medical jobs.People will not miss each other anymore and people will not acheive as much in their lives.As life is too short people will try to finish things as much as possobile .Not enough resorces will be available for next generations

• Immortality is a good thing.

If you are immortal, there would not be any more problems like these. Immortality will let you always be able to go outside and play, always be able to move very well, and also would not make you very tired all the time. Having a never-ending life will let you do the many things you want to do, and will not get muscle and bone pains. If people do not age, then they would be able to do many things that humans who age, do not. If someone has a everlasting life, then they will be able to enjoy life forever, instead of a mortal human that would eventually die.

• Immortality is the worst thing that could ever happen to you!!

You would see all you loved grow old and wither before your eyes! You would see civilizations rise and fall. Not only that but everyone would seem stupid, using ideas you've seen fail thousands of times. What about when the sun explodes in 1.3 billion years?? You would float through space for eternity, praying for a death that would never come....

• Immortality could be good.

While the yes arguements point to population, the rest of your family dying etc. I say this;

If we lived in a world were you could be immortal, the choice to become immortal could go hand in hand with fertility. There is nothing saying that an immortal person must reproduce.

Saying that they will be bored or must have death at their heels to enjoy life is subjective. What if science is your enjoyment. A great mind would not be restricted to a few years for his/her work. They could spend thousands of years learning about the world, learning how it works and gaining a much much greater understanding of the world than anyone can ever have with the life spans we are restricted to. Medical and scientific advances wouldn't be subject each new generation having to spend 20+ years learning the previous work, great scientists could just keep improving.

Imagine is Einstein, hawking and Newton, for example were given immortality. Or any other select group of great minds. Think of the advances if they are given 200, 400, 600 years.

• Being Immortal is good.

You can visit the world and go to other places and have fun. While most people say that it is boring, the world keeps changing. You can have a lot of fun. But most of my friends say that it is bad because of over population. I disagree to this because you don't need to have sex and reproduce. It should be left up to you.

• Being Immortal is good.

• Depends on who

If one person is given immortality, they would be tortured forever. No stop to it, they would lose their eyes, ears, etc. But if Einstein lived forever, or at least until he was completely done with his work, imagine how much more advanced we would be today. But at the same time if Hitler was given immortality, well, use your imagination. If we were all given immortality, then there would be so much overpopulation and no way to thin the population. I'm pretty neutral.

• Immortality could be great.

What a silly question deserving of a silly answer. Seeing as how in reality we know for a fact that no one is currently immortal. Also, we are probably fairly certain that no one could ever hope to attain immortality in this universe. I would say that the question and answer would be without the parameters and constraints physics has placed on us. In a world without laws like that I think immortality would be wonderful and full of incredible possibilities seeing as we don't need to eat or go to the bathroom anymore. We could possibly conjure things with a mere thought and we could receive and give love at any time for any reason at all. So yeah, I think immortality could be great. If you think any differently, then you don't have imagination.

• Nobody should live forever!!!!!

I know, I know, everyone wants to live forever! But why? You would have to see all the future wars and depressions and watch all your family members die. And if everyone is immortal the world will be over populated. We need people dying every now and again. It's part of the wheel. If you are still not convinced, read Tuck Everlasting!

• Living forever could be good.

If you have a measly life with no happiness. If you live forever something good is bound to happen. Also you could learn so much more if you had forever to learn stuff. You could also explore the universe without fear of dying. SO i think immortality can be good. .

• Immortality: Yes or No

I would say no because a lot of people now really suffer in their life now and it would be way worse if they had immortality. People would have to work forever to keep the things they have. Women will continue to have children and we will be over populated,because of this Earth's resources will be limited,and because of Earth's resources are limited every one will not have homes.

• Iufhvojfhvwef7t 7-8 r 7vdz87 87 aw

Iysdfhuvbsudyhvb djpvbadphifbvdfkjhbtr- 9n8we=98q8haw=9qg y8r h-87ae b-7hu hga 870eyr-eyhveuh 8gr g8t07aeg 78t ae780 aegy8dbsybsdds87 s af7seb76 e 6t87e8 e8 fb 78 7saf 78sdf 7df 78dsf 8dsb u dbui dgbiu dbsi [dfi zf 7 e fe y gdvyg sadvgy sv gyg yudvgy uvdgy gygyvfyggyvgfygydvgydsg sg 8dgf sydg yg y 87ewfw7fwe 7ffyh aw

• Is immortality bad or good?

Immortality is only bad when a species who does not naturally have that ability suddenly gets it. Such as a lobster with its never aging ability verses a human who was never supposed to have it. Lobster create no real problems, but humans, who already have overpopulation issues as it is, will create some major problems in nature. Dying is natural to us, we do not need to play the role of God again, we need to celebrate naturally Death rather than attempting to push it aside, such as cancer and other deceases. The more cure the more people to create the overpopulation issue. If nature wanted us to be immortal we would be immortal. (Adam and Eve is fiction, I don,t use the Bible as a textbook.)

kevinbond says2016-12-10T22:01:23.793
Immortality already is a fact - I can make everybody Immortal in less than a month - We humans can stop aging (by wiping out all diseases) and live forever (like our Creators from the planet of Nibiru - The Anunnaki) - I got the key to our Biological Immortality - By staying absolutely healthy all the time - By doing my discovery (just an exercise for a minute a day) - My WVCD - The Weapon of Virus and Cancer Destruction, that cures and prevents any diseases, known on Earth for millions of years, even radiation disease - I will describe my WVCD to everyone, who sends me a check for one million bucks - Everybody will stay absolutely healthy all the time, living their Endless Lives, for Infinite Health = Immortality.
kevinbond says2016-12-10T22:01:42.200