• Yes, Indian education is good

I believe that Indian education is indeed very good. When compared with the overall test scores for language, mathematics and sciences, Indian schools actually rank 3rd in the world under all the subjects. Indian education is very strict and profound in its ways of teaching young children to become proper adults.

• Education Improving in World's Largest Democracy

India's economy has grown rapidly over the past 20 years. As such, educational opportunities for Indians at home and abroad have grown better as the country moves into the 21st Century. Focusing on math and science, in many ways an education in India is more valuable than the United States when you consider many Indians who come to the states for post-graduate studies.

• India has improved a lot

India is a country which will soon become number 1 country in this world as it has much potential to do so. If we say that present education system of India is not good then how is it that doctors in most countries are from India. People come from different countries in India only for treatment. So in my opinion India is one of the countries which are good at education system.

• THE Very old system:

Macaulay introduced English education in India, especially through his famous minute of February 1835. He called an educational system that would create a class of anglicised Indians who would serve as cultural intermediaries between the British and the Indians. And it was introduced by british people but they have changed their education system more then 3 times but indians are following the same system till now.It is full of a memorizing system and we entered into exam hall we just vomiting it in the exam sheet.

• Llllll kkk kkk

Kkk kkkw love. Melendez wool, w Kama w kwkkwkwkw Kk I I Kk I I I I'm just k I k ok mm I k m, m, m, k,m k Kk k m k. ,, Kk k,km, mm m k k m mm m m m m m m m i

• Llllll kkk kkk

• Llllll kkk kkk

• Llllll kkk kkk

• India has good education system

India is the best in education It is the best in india. I have studied till 7th grade in India and moved to America. I am having very good grades here , because it is very easy over here. Few years back many people came to India from America and they struggled they did not get good grades they did not even understand a single thing. I know it is not about grades but still the education in India
    is much higher

• Trgtrvvtrhgrthry grtgt ggtg

Tg 5g6g 6g hfd hyh hth h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• India is all about formalities

The entire Indian education system is based on profanities, I have studied through America until 10th grade, and it was the best time of my life. Learning was fun and creative, teachers were like family and happy. In India it was the complete opposite not once did the teacher teach the students with kindness all they cared about was getting their salary. All students did was memorize the words in the book and put it on the test, not once trying to understand the concept behind the words. In America they taught so well that you did not have to go to coaching and tuition. But in India you have to go to coaching right after school for 5 hours. Complete useless knowledge rather than stuff that actually Matters.

• It just about memorising

Indian education only lays emphasis on mugging up the subject instead of actually learning it. Students just mug up the subject and don't know anything.Indian education needs a lot of reforms. Students shouldn't mug but instead write the answer on their own. Understanding the subject is more important than mugging up.

• Lack of understanding of concepts

The main concern of the students in India is to get through the schools with good grades. They MEMORIZE everything and just vomit it in the exam hall. They don't even bother to understand the concepts that they learn. They forget what they read the previous year. If this is going to continue, there would be lack of good employees who are also technically sound. SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE IN THIS REGARD. The youths of India have more potential and this potential should be given importance.

• Well its just Pressurising

Students are pressurized again and again either by their parents or school teachers or even friends to score good marks rather than to be conceptual. Students just learn the whole book (truthfully) but they don't know what does that mean. It must be changed to much more of conceptual to that of pressurizing.

• Blind grade system

Many students simply vomit the answers in the answer paper without understanding the concepts....They show more interest in obtaining scores and grades, just for show up to the society. This education system does not support the intellectual brain of students who are well stuffed with reasoning ability,thorough life time knowledge of subjects though they are not top scorers. In addition to this, I discourage this education system, since it creates stress both physically and mentally and ultimately it leads to hopelessness among themselves.

• Worst of its kind

Indian education system is the worst, due to lack of creative thinking and understanding clear topics. I have seen many students who don't really know what they are learning but in any means bother only about their grade and marks. So,people don't question their knowledge. All are least bothered about the knowledge, they are more worried about which college they get, what course they get, and which "company" they get into, last but not least how much will be their annual income. All are society's puppets (it includes the people who is reading this and definitely for those people who clicked "yes" you know what your now). No wonder innovation and progress stopped in india.

THANK YOU

• No, There should be Changes/Reforms in Indian Education.

I do not support Today's Education. I am against the people who say Yes.
    Current India's education system in my opinion is very bad.I am completley satisfied with opinions of above people who are supporting this debate as "NO".Seriously,i am in class 12(Science stream) and there are many students in my class who believe in only good marks and they don't believe in understanding the concepts of Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.They are just learning like parrots and of course teachers don't say them a word because they want their school result good by whatever means.
    Today in India if anyone asks from a student about what he is doing? Then most students will say "I am doing engineering" and after completing their engineering they remain unemployed.Only students who get their engineering degrees from IITs and good colleges are good employed.
    IITs are believe to be best colleges in India and of course no doubt,they are.But Worldwide, the only three institutes in India ranked in the top 300 of the QS World University Rankings of 2012 are IITs, IIT Delhi at 212, IIT Bombay at 227 and IIT Kanpur at 278.From this survey,we can get the idea about India's education system.

• No,It should be reform.

Current India's education system in my opinion is vey bad.I am completley satisfied with opinions of above people who are supporting this debate as "NO".Seriously,i am in class 12(Science stream) and there are many students in my class who believe in only good marks and they don't believe in understanding the concepts of Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.They are just learning like parrots and of course teachers don't say them a word because they want their school result good by whatever means.

• It's all about mugging up

Many students studying under the Indian education system barely understand what is given in their textbooks. They are taught to get good grades. Understanding is optional. In such a situation, there is a doubt as to whether the child is "educated".No attempt has been made to change this situation, which further shows the attitude of Indians to accept everything and go with it.

Posted by: Pkvm
  • It's all about mugging up

A lot of kids don't give importance to understanding what they learn. They just want the good grades, and ignore the logic and reasoning of what they are learning. The Indian education system doesn't emphasis on intellect but rather the memory capacity of students. This , i think, will finally lead the child into hopelessness in his or her career.