• What is the point?

What is the point of posting weird selfies? What is the point of having a site that makes you more stupid? You don't learn anything from it, apart from who does the weirdest selfies or takes the funniest photos. When children and teenagers apply to universities and for jobs, the interviewers can look at your accounts to see how stupid you are. Instagram (and Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or any other social media site) is stupid!

• Welcome to selfie city! Population: everyone

That's great that everyone has an app so that they can post stupid pictures of them looking weird. Most cyber bulling in children happens on Instagram. People judge you on the amount of followers you have and it can be horrible. Colleges look at these kind of things even from when they are kids. Also, people and children are putting themselves out there and exposing almost every aspect of their lives during that. Instagram is stupid!

• ALL social media is detrimental!

I agree that Instagram is no good, but neither is Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Kik, or any other form of social media.

Children don't learn what is truly important in life and don't know how to respect those who are different than themselves. There is also a lack of social contexts and knowing how act in certain social situations. Self-esteem is also decreased because they are only looking at value based upon how many followers or friends they have online. I wonder many offline friends they have.

• Instagram causes drama

Instagram is terrible and horrendous because it causes drama all I hear in class is some stupid Instagram drama and people are TRYING TO make me get it but I say no because of how immature it is and that social media is not educational and makes your brain rot.

• . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Why make photos redundant?

It's just retouching up photos (it seems). And pointing out the most f'ing obvious things with photos one presumes best fit that caption...Facebook is already overrun with that crap. Maybe snipping the bud of instagram will help end this overflowing crap. Instagram is just another way of showing off unimportant shit to help ourselves get through another day without looking away from social media or our life inspiring phones.

• Why make photos redundant?

• Instagram Is for the retarded

How many people have told me to use that garbage? Too many. I hate these little idiots , taking selfies every 5 minutes with their retarded duck faces and mirror selfies. Seriously why the hell do you take a selfies at a mirror?! There's a front camera for a reason jesus

• Jerrycets and mustaches rule the world not instagram

DJ DJ ucufikekdivjdjhdkdkdkdkidiekeoeodoajfpspwkcekdidkd skdkdkk k k k knk. Lvocj. HF r. Gh h he d v d enf f. N. SS d d fnr rnd d d f. B yg enns f g j y. Ttfkci fdkk fjvjc DJ skdoc do u like Jerry cets? Instagram is da worst no

• It kicks you off for stupid reasons

It kicked me off my account just because it claimed I followed a lot of people where in all reality I was following 20 with 6 private requests sent. A I had many role models I followed and liked under at least 50 photos. Most people like over 100 amd makes 100 following request where I've done only 11 private requests which doesn't make sense. I also agree it doesn't help self esteem. I've been off Facebook for 3 years, Twitter 4 years, and tumblr 2 1/2. It still feels good, a little lonely but worth it than sitting in front of a screen for people to like yur statuses.

• Absurd to blame a website

Instagram is merely a social media site, saying it is stupid is stupid. And why blame the website for the deeds of its users? Many people may use instagram to boast about their wealth, clothes, and body, but they aren't forcing it down people's throats. People choose to follow these people. People choose to downgrade themselves when they start comparing themselves with others on instagram.

There's not really much difference between Instagram and Facebook. And it is always our choice to set up an account or not. If one does not like instagram, then one does not use instagram. Do not blame social media for the degradation of the present generation, it is the job of parents to raise children right and teach them proper conduct so they do not become cyber-bullies. And even without cyber-bullying, there is bullying in person. Bullies are not made by social media, they are raised. Back when it was still the dawn of television people were also blaming television for everything. Always there has to be an object to project all the blame to. Why not look into the mirror for a change?

Posted by: GKY
  • Saying Something you Don't Like is Stupid is Foolish

Instagram isn't stupid. People say that social media isn't really being social, that it doesn't teach kids what they need to know. That doesn't make any sense, it's allowing them to communicate with others and branch out. So much information passes digitally now, it's not like it's a disadvantage to learn to communicate that way. People also blame Instagram for cyber bulling. That's just silly. If it didn't happen online, it would happen in person.

• Users can be stupid, but the website is not

I have a comedy instagram account where I post every day and thousands of people laugh at it. It is a fun hobby for me and my viewers enjoy it. There are some stupid people on instagram but there are also creative, funny, inspiring, and good people on instagram. And even if someone does post a pointless selfie, who are you to judge them?

• Nah it's a creative and interesting site.

You have friends, you can see their pics and be like oh such a nice place, or you can follow an artist or photographer and see some really nice pictures, you can follow someone in fashion, or a cake designer or baker, or a scientist taking pictures of cool innovative things, the possibilities are endless, there is much more to instagram that following Kim Kardashian.

It's a great idea and site/app.

• Depends on the person.

IT depends on the user. Some people ONLY post selfies, which is stupid. But some people take beautiful pictures of really beautiful locations and want to share them with the world. It's a great way for photographers to go public, and for people who want to share they're loves, or (sigh), post pointless selfies.