Is Institutional Racism or race based persecution still in practice in modern America today?

Asked by: Marcuz
  • I think they are

I believe Black and Dark Skinned people are predominately in situations of socio-political distress because of past prejudice and current "blame the victim" attitudes towards improving race relations in America. Those in disadvantaged situations are usually there due to decades long racist policy like "anti-drug laws" that mainly affect poorer communities which just happen to be mostly poc. Take the stereotype of Black people being lazy or inherently violent for no reason or irrational, these are beliefs that people who give jobs to people have, and as a black person obviously that would impact your chances to get the job, and without a job, what are the options when you have people who depend on you to make a living and provide?