Is Internet access a human right: Is providing Internet as a right feasible?

• The internet is a great source of information.

The internet is a great source of information, providing access to millions of webpages. Billions of people have access to their stored information, as well as information put out there by other people. Though some of it is not factual, some still is, which provides for a great source.
    In my opinion, the government should not be able to take things like this away from a citizen. These days, you can make a payment on line, buy something online, and share online. If someone does not have access to the internet, they have a disadvantage. The modern world runs off technology and the internet, meaning it is difficult to survive with out it.
    Now, I know it is very possible to survive without it, since it has been done for thousands of years, but it is only the fact that the world does not run like it did back then. It runs off of the internet and the cloud. Taking someone's access to the world away is not right,

• Everyone Needs Internet Access in this Online Age

Schools, medical records,banking etc. all take place on the Internet in this day and age. Just because the household income does not support a monthly Internet access bill every month can jeopardize a child's ability to succeed. Use of welfare funds could be better used providing a true learning online environment for all children instead of free cell phone usage.

• Most certainly not.

Internet is an important source for information, yes. But I see internet access to be a privilege that must be earned rather than a right. You see, the internet and the information it holds could be abused by criminals, terrorists, etc. Professional hackers could access CIA or FBI files and use them to bring this nation down. I think that everyone who has a record of doing the right thing shall have the privilege of using internet. Look people, internet is not required for life. I myself could life without internet. I would just have to adjust to it. Internet shall be provided to all who are responsible enough to use it. This argument is somewhat one the yes side, but mostly on the no side. It is a PRIVILEGE, not a right.

Now, human rights do not speak of internet and technology. In the words of a great man," We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."