• Piracy is bad

We would be robbing the company of their profits. Put yourself in their shoes. You would really feel frustrated right?So, you need to understand how they feel. Imagine yourself. You produce a movie and sell it on the internet. Instead of buying it , people download it from the internet! How would you feel?

• Piracy is not Sharing

It can hardly be called "sharing" when the person giving isn't losing anything. Sharing implies division of a resource, product, etc. The end result of sharing is that you end up with less of the original. That is not the case with piracy.
    Copyright holders are not against true sharing. Go ahead and give your CD to a friend to borrow. It only becomes wrong if you were create another copy of that CD before giving it away. In that case, you just artificially increased the supply of the product.
    More supply = less value
    You have to be lying if you say decreasing the value of a product created for the purpose of profit is not a bad thing. That is exactly what piracy does.

• Internet piracy is theft.

Internet piracy is not as bad as stealing something physical, such as a CD or DVD, as no one lost money from the physical creation of the item, but, it is still theft, and still bad. While it may not be physical, the parallels are unquestionable. In both situations you are getting something for free that has cost others lots of time, money and effort to build. Films especially cost huge amounts to make, often hundreds of millions of dollars, in exactly the same way to how it costs someone to create a handbag or a car. If internet piracy was not an option, you would either not watch said film, or buy it, giving the creators money and consequently payment for their efforts. However, as internet piracy is an option, there is no motivation for people to pay. If everyone pirated this would mean that all films would result in major losses, and film/computer programme/music would all become charitable things relying on donations to be made. Instead, the current situation is some people pirate, and others pay the proper price, giving the creators the money they deserve. But that itself is unfair, as why should some have to pay while others do not? No matter how people twist it to justify what they are doing, despite the fact internet piracy is not stealing something physical, it is still theft, you are not stealing from a shop owner or item-owning citizen, but you are stealing from the creators of whatever you pirate.

• Think of the people you could affect . . .

Think of the people who could lose their jobs. You could be one of those people's. By downloading pirated content, you are putting at risk copyright industries and people employed there. A country's economy could decline because of pirates. Also, downloading music and movies put at risk celebrities, directors, etc. They aren't earning as much as they should because no one buys their products anymore.

• Yes. Internet piracy is stealing.

Yes. Internet piracy is really no better than stealing a DVD or CD off of the shelf at a local brick and mortar store. Those who participate in Internet piracy are literally making all media based formats more expensive for everyone else. There are stiff penalties threatened if someone is caught, but I haven't ever heard of someone with a small time operation getting prosecuted.

• Understable, But Still Bad

Piracy hurts musicians the worst. Every time an album is illegally downloaded, the artists who produced are ripped off from royalties due to them and their hard work. However, given the prices of music these days and a bad economy, people are going to find ways to do it in order to save money.

• Piracy is not Sharing

More supply = less value

• Victim of Piracy

I have created art. One day I'm on Pinterest and what do I see? My art! It's been pinned by someone other than me! Why... 238 people have re-pinned this?? Some to thousands of followers?! Awesome! I click the link. It takes me to the wrong website though. Not mine. I realize someone has stolen my intellectual property which I created to be sold from one place and now someone has not only chosen to sell it somewhere else, but without giving me any kind of commission. God knows how many people bought it. THAT is money that I earned. THAT is money that I deserve. So what it's a copy and they didn't physically take the original? It is stealing in a more abstract sense than people are used to considering... Because it's either inconvenient for their own agenda and they don't want to feel guilty, or they just can't be bothered to honor someone's artistic intelligence-- something that they obviously do not possess, otherwise they would have created it themselves.

• All yourself, why didn't the distributer sell it for free.

People work on electronic projects to make a living. Stealing these electronic works robs them off their living. Pay for it, so you can properly reward it's owner, not because you are a dumb student who still belongs in school because they can't understand the capitalism model. Buy it, don't pirate it like a school kid.

• I think that stealing is wrong, it's pretty simple actually.

I download illegal shit from time to time, I know it's wrong, but I also pay for movies in the theatres, and I actually buy Blu-Rays, DVDs and CDs. I love to have physical copies, and I like to know my money is contributing to the overall industry and economy. I love movies, TV shows and music, and it needs to be supported. It is a fact that the industies will die if they aren't financed, so we need to continue to pay them for there services. Good luck people

• It Depends On The Reason

If you are poor and intend to pay it back, I believe it is okay, whereas if you can afford it, but don't want to pay it's not okay. Plus many online mediums are very expensive, but I cannot stress this enough, PAY FOR IT LATER! With software, if you need it for college or your job fine, but end up paying it back. If you never can, at least try. Or, if you live in a country where it isn't available fine, they won't lose a sale anyway. But if they do send it over there eventually, pay for it. This is just my opinion. PAY IT BACK LATER!

• Piracy is good for isolated countries.

Isolated countries which has little to no original content like Indonesia, Iran and Malaysia SHOULD pirate because they cannot enjoy the services of the world.
    Think about it, companies still make millions even after their games are pirated.
    Take Minecraft for example, MinecraftSP and TeamXtream players are almost as much as original Minecraft players. But the game is still a huge success.
    People whining about PIracy being "Stealing" is wrong.
    IS PIRATING A DEAD GAME STEALING? IS PIRATING THE BEATLES SONGS STEALING?
    This things are called "preserving". Extending the age of old games and music.
    Yes, there are pirates for recent content aswell. But they are still selling millions despite its pirated loss.

• No absolutely not.

Online piracy can help people who have less money.If there is no online piracy,they won't have enough money to afford to but them.Also,it could have students who has less allowance. It would help them to get educational things easier.Lastly,it is more important to make your albums famous than making more money.Don't you think this is right?

• It Isn't That Bad

Piracy is commonly seen as theft, when in reality, that could not be farther from the truth. Piracy is simply making a copy of a popular software for more people to use. The original software is still there; a copy is just made for use by others. Piracy isn't that bad, and the largest figures who oppose piracy are those who stand to loose the most from it, such as large companies or uber-rich celebrities.

• Absolutely not, but within limits.

Piracy is good in more ways then it is bad. Talking about games and dlcs/addons, companies charging them a whole bucket of currency just for a freaking software when you don't even know if it is worth of the money you are going to spend. You can test anything you are planning to buy using pirated version. Also in most cases, pirates are not going to buy anyway, meaning that if piracy suddenly stops at all, the seles won't increase more than 5%-7% overall. Because piracy DOES NOT STEAL sales. The people pirating the products usually do so because of unavailability of the product in their country, or product is too expensive, so much that even people with job can't save money for these products. Most of the pirates are students who either are not earning, or if they do have a job, they can't save money. Every child knows how convincing parents is nearly impossible. They won't buy you a software costing so much money. Also when you can afford a product, after testing the pirated version you should buy it. Of course the developers deserve the support.

• Absolutely not, but within limits.

• Not feeding the overbloated goldfish!

I believe that the media portrays piracy as being "bad" or "illegal" is because the common person who before had to suck it up or PAY! Ridiculous sums of money just to get a god damn basic software, can now access that content for free, winding out the pockets of the people that cash in all that money. To me it's just a ploy for large companies to gain monopoly over everything, in this case, a person's right to choose to pay or not pay for an item that is nothing else than a copy.
    The person downloading these things are just duplicating and storing a copy for themselves and very few actually make money out of the stuff they download. I for one download because: 1. The items I need whether be software or movies or games are not avalible in my country 2. I do not keep them afterwards or sell them and 3. Some are pretty freaking expensive. The same amount of money can go to buying myself a new pair of boots for winter or save money for a goddamn laptop! If I were to adopt the general mentalities of companies, I would get these things... Never.

• It is not really a bad thing

In my case, I had to download pirated adobe products because they were tooooooooo expensive for a student like me. I could not afford something over $1000 just after I got accepted in my school. Money doesn't grow easily like leaves in spring. Those pirated adobe actually helped me to improve with my design and developed myself. I could learn new experience by using them. Without them I would not be able to move forward easily in my study. Of course, now since adobe has cc product that allows me to pay monthly, it's no longer that difficult, I'm subscribing them.

Really, internet piracy is not that bad when you want to learn something but you don't have any money for it.

• No one lost money

Piracy is copying digital content. If I steal your shiny new car, I hurt you and now you are at a loss. If I were somehow able to copy it, and leave the original there for you then you neither lost nor gained anything. You actually helped someone out! Digital media cannot be stolen. If I really respect a program or a piece of music, I will purchase it to help the creator out.

• No absolutely not.

As a college student I don't have a lot of money. Getting stuff for free is thus my way of getting the stuff I want. With the money saved, I can buy other stuff for which money has to be paid. So, I love piracy. It's the only way that I can get everything.