• Islam is a religion of peace

1. Jihad is not one of the 5 pillars of Islam.
    2. Major tourists cities in Muslim countries welcome millions of visitors every year. From Kuala Lumpur to Isfahan, to Dubai, Istanbul, Qairo to morocco and many others peaceful host millions of non-Muslims every year. Tourists visit these cities without fearing to be killed
    3. Murder rate in Muslim countries is 1/3 of non Muslim countries. Please Google and see by yourself
    4. Many old or ancient churches are located in Muslim countries

• You cannot define Islam as an insolent religion.

Islam is a very peaceful religion, according to the Quran and Hadiths of the Prophet, we all, as Muslims, encourage the peace in this world. We help people in need. We have five pillars in Islam. Five. Shahadah, Salah, Zakat, Sawm and Hajj. All these pillars are peaceful. Shahadah means profession of faith, salah means prayer, zakat means donation, sawm means fasting and hajj is a pilgrimage for all muslims. Without these pillars, your Faith is not supportable and could break, so yes, it is peaceful since it encourages peace.

• That is the truth

Ask me debate me if you think my oppinion is wrong but please come with prepartion dont wait my or others time :) I LOVE MY RELIGION AND WOULD LOVE TO TELL PEOPLE ITS THE TURE AND MOST BEAUTIFUL RELIGION.. I hope people see it as it really is ShaloM!

• Yes it is and it isn't a religion of terrorism

Yes it is a peaceful religion and a very tiny minority of the global Muslim population are terrorists. Let's just say if Islam is responsible for all these terrorism bombings, if Islam is motivating these people and if Islam is not a religion of peace but a religion of war; then ask yourself a question: why aren't the rest of us doing it?

Lets assume there are 1600 suicide bombers in the world (There aren't, but lets assume they are for the sake of argument). Thats 0.001% of the total Muslim population globally, what about the other 99.99% of Muslims who you either ignore or smear?

• Islam is a peaceful religion

From what I have studied so far, Islam is a peaceful and a very moderate religion but it has been misused and misinterpreted for political reasons. It is not practiced the way it is supposed to be practiced. For example, suicide is forbidden in Islam, so how can the suicide bombers be killing themselves in the name of religion? In Turkey Muslims and Jews have been living together peacefully for almost a thousand years, both reading their own religious books, but all of a sudden, according to the media, there is a problem with the Muslim's book. I am truly convinced that it is nothing but politics. The religion of Islam itself is peaceful.

• Of course Islam is a peaceful religion.

You can't say Muslims are terrorist or Muslims do hate all religions because you have seen a few people on TV killing innocent people and claiming they are Muslims. If you haven't read Quran (Holly Book of Islam) you can't claim anything about Islam.

You can't claim everywhere is darkness because you have closed your eyes, but this way you have created you own darkness.

• Been studying Islam for 33 years

Definitely the way of peace. The middle way. The way of overcoming ego and setting oneself free from the lower calls of this world.
    Unfortunately, all religions are routinely used as platforms for certain people's mind productions and power trips. Misguided they are, and listening to the evil forces.
    But those who truly follow the words and spirit of the Holy Qur'an and the example of the Prophet Muhammad, blessed with peace is he, will find heart ease and spiritual fulfillment in Islam.
    Islam means letting go of everything other than God.

• Peaceful like Christianity and Judaism both.

Apart from what the media and other hate groups portray, Islam based on the Qur'an and Sunnah/Hadith is a peaceful religion. Now I could debate this for a long time but I'm going to make this short. I am an agnostic, examining the Qur'an and bible both have made me realize how truly peaceful both are. My true reason why I like Islam is because of Muhammad himself. Honestly, I believe Muslims and others take the text out of proportion when Islam preaches that you should follow the example of Muhammad. Let's face it, if Muhammad were really a prophet it would prove that Allah really is a forgiving, loving God. Christianity makes it seem like if you do not follow the example put out by the perfect Christ, you are going to hell. But Islam shows us that its okay to not be so perfect and to just be yourself because in the end.. God will eventually forgive you. That's all I have to say right now, spread this message and end Islamophobia. Thanks.

• Misused and misunderstood

• Overall it is

The most radical Islamists are without question a scary crowd, hateful and so dedicated to their beliefs that they will stop at nothing to destroy those that do not follow them. They don't speak for the religion as a whole, I've met and known many followers of Islam that are gentle, caring people. They get a bad rap because some horrible people identify with their religion and interpret its teachings incorrectly.

• Absolutely not !

Read the Koran and see for yourself! Read the news: http://www.allenbwest.com/2015/10/is-it-islamophobic-to-repeat-this-clerics-exact-words-about-real-islam/
    People have been brain washed into thinking it is a religion of pease when technically it is a "Cult" not a religion!

Only a cult will consider women "property" and kill those who don't convert to Islam. Open your eyes before it is too late....

• Yes they are a religion of Peace...But...

Only if you belong to Islam. All else are seen as infidels and need to be converted or killed. They do not separate Church and state, in fact, it is their mandate to subdue (conquer) the world. They are the only Group in the UN to ever ask for the eradication of another member (Israel) and they have stated out right that Israel (Jew) are a cancer and the root cause of all evil in this world, they need to be destroyed.
    Lets not mention their laws and treatment of property...I mean woman. If you want to leave the religion, the law states that you are to be stoned to death along with the traitor who has pulled you away.

• It is a counterfeit religion.

The bible says love your enemies and the Koran says kill the infidels. Koran 2:216 "Fighting is prescribed for you,---."
    Koran 4:76 "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah--."
    Koran 8:12 "I will cast terror into the hearts of those that disbelieve. Therefore strike off the heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

There is well over a hundred verses in the Koran that speak of hatred for the unbelievers. One only has to look at those Middle East countries that are more than 90% Muslim. They do not tolerate unbelievers.

Mohammed hijacked the Judaea-Christian religion and gave it his own slant. He replaced love with hate.

• The Religion of Peace

There is not another religion in the world that consistently produces terrorism in the name of God as does Islam. The most dangerous Muslims are nearly always those who interpret the Quran most transparently. They are the fundamentalists or purists of the faith, and believe in Muhammad’s mandate to spread Islamic rule by the sword, putting to death those who will not submit. In the absence of true infidels, they will even turn on each other.

• Hiding under the banner of peace

I will not argue the point. Read the Koran. If you still think it is peaceful then you have not read it yet. Unfortunately those "Muslim Extremists" are doing exactly what the Koran tells them to do. Scarey but true. Again, read the Koran for yourself. I have read enough to know there is very little peaces in there..."kill the infidel wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful" [9.5]

• Peacful loving Islam

Where do you want me to start? Death for apostasy, female genital mutilation, honor killings,surgical removal of limbs for theft, stoning for adultery, death for homosexuality, beheading of combatants. Doesn't sound a peacfull loving religion to me unless I'm missing something. Sounds more like a hateful cult. In Islamic states you just can not predict if you will get the extreme version of Islam or the less extreme its not something I would want to gamble with. I want to go to the pub at weekends and allow my daughter to where a short skirt not get whipped by a hairy arsed Muslim because he thinks it offends some imaginary friend he's become obsessed with. To qualify that I am atheist so have no allegiance to any religion and definitely will not give any of them any special curtsy or dispensation because they chose to call their belief systems a religion.

• From what I have observed, no.

It is a hard question to answer. The media portrays it as cruel, violent, and inhuman, but it goes without saying that there are peaceful followers in every religion. I really don't know what to believe, I will have to see and experience the religion for myself to make a final conclusion. However, I am not a truly religious person myself, and with the image that is portrayed about the religion of Islam, I think I will have to side more with the "no" side.

• From what I have seen, no.

I am sure there are peaceful followers of Islam in the world. Unfortunately, the news and media do not go out of their way to showcase them. I see radical and violent Islamists on the news every day and wonder how they can use religion as the basis for their horrendous actions.

fowley19 says2013-06-13T12:16:59.813
There appears to be a lot of barbarity in the Koran not only written but actually carried out by many believers and not just a few rogue hot heads but state sanctioned judicial punishments. It’s a question of what variety of Islam you would inherit if your country ever became an Islamic state. I don’t think it’s something I would like to gamble on.