• Ok I am

Kind of in the middle on this subject, I mean, the religion itself is not violent per say, but the people can take the Quran to an extreme and then it gets violent, but I do not believe that Islam is peaceful, but I do not believe it is violent either.

• Yes it is

I don't know much about this topic but I'm Muslim and I am pretty sure it would be much more peaceful if everyone just left Muslims alone. Everyone who says anything on this topic should know a lot about Islam before stating anything and why would you study the topic if you aren't Muslim. What I'm trying to say is back off if you're not Muslim because the topic doesn't concern you.

• This title is not Relevant ?? Is there any religion, organisation,, or even government who has or is ever peaceful ??? +++++

Firstly, you like it/not, there's only ONE truth. We all entitle to our opinions. We respect each other. Let's not forget that the Quran Speaks about more important issues than some people trying to make up.
    Common sense: The Quran talks about the universe, Motion of Celestial Bodies and Dark Matter, Quran, 36:40
    The universe is expanding: And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander. (Qur’an, 51:47)
    And the position of the stars : Nay, I swear by the places of the stars. And lo! That verily is a tremendous oath, if ye but knew. (Qur’an, 56:75-76
    THE FINGERPRINTS,, MENTIONED MORE THAN 1400 YEARS AGO,, RECENTLY DISCOVERED ::
    Does man think that We will not assemble his bones? Yes. [We are] Able [even] to proportion his fingertips. (Qur’an, 75:3-4)

We will soon show them Our signs in the horizons and in their own souls, until it will become quite clear to them that it is the truth. (Qur’an, 41:53)
    The Quran instructs to respond to oppression, to criminals, to injustice...
    Most importantly the Quran teaches the human beings to instruct themselves and purify themselves ,, this is the first and foremost important action to be executed by a man, to be humble, to act justly, not to be proud, fundamentally to be good to the parents and the elders...ETC
    The world is already full/filled with injustice. Governments/people in power who wants us to believe things which aren't true. After killing over 500000 innocents lives in Iraq, now tony is coming to say sorry for an illegal war.
    The poor public has been dragged into this illegal war which has created all sorts of evil like Qaeda etc.. Which in reality are all products of US and UK... Now The MEDIA is talking about UK selling Billions of arms to SAUDI ???????????? So please be truthful .... It is always the game of those in power... This is all about power. France, for instance has banned the head-scarf,, But when it comes to the billionaires Saudis entering Paris, then its all switched off and money talks ......
    Islam denounces all those injustices... When Islam speaks that they feel challenged or under pressure.
    WAKE--UP

• Certainly it is...

Islam is the religion of peace, the word it self in Arabic means peace.
    And i am fully sure that all rules in Islam are guiding to peace
    I know that there are some groups who want to defame Islam such as ISIS and others and I want to let you know that these groups have no relation with Islam, they are doing things that Allah doesn't like.

• Once again, trying to think of Islam by a few people.

So what if groups like Al-Quada did 9/11? What a few evil people did should never be used against one. Let's use Germany for example. Hitler, one of the most evil human beings on earth, did not taint the Germans. The crusades did not taint the Catholics. Why should 9/11 taint Islam's reputation and make it a religion of war and evil? UncommonlyCommon claims that Islam orders Muslims to kill. I am a Muslim myself, and I do not walk around carrying a bomb in my jacket. I do not kill. You claim Islam likes terrorism, but you don't have evidence from the Quran itself. Islam fights against terrorism,and this here is my quote from Surat al Baqarah, the biggest Surah in the Quran.
    “And fight them on until there is no more terrorism or oppression and there prevails a way for justice and faith in Allah.” [Surah al-Baqarah: 193]
    As you see here, Islam wants to fight back against these evil terrorists. You clam that Islam was created by a warrior class. Two things.
    1. Mohamad was a trader. A trader who wanted justice for all. It is recorders by many that he was always kind, always helped others, always wanted peace, and always wanted fairness for all.
    2. Look at the time Islam was being formed at. The Arabs at the time were true barbarians. The buried their daughters. They made wars with their own brothers. The fought for a camel! The Christians couldn't control them. Islam however, did. I layed down my evidence and cited a Surah from the Quran, now I wait for somebody to challenge me.

• I would think not.

Islam cannot truly be the religion of peace when most of the terrorist organizations are Islamic in nature. If Islam was truly a religion of peace then surely this would not be the case. Its similar to the Christian church saying they are the religion of love, yet they do not want homosexuals to get married. It seems like a very strange dichotomy going on.

• There is no peaceful religion!!!

I'm an atheist, and I can say with certainty that there is no religion that is peaceful. Western-Christianity has been ok (only in the west) and only fro the past 100 years- coincidentally that's when the bible was rewritten, and it lost a significant amount of it's support(and I don't mean support as what most Europeans and Americans would say they do) The fact is that no movement which labels some people as absolutely wrong and incorrect as well as judges people based on a self-invented rule system cannot be anything but violent. If you tell someone that another human being is wrong, and don't take into consideration who will be following it.......There is going to be violence!

• How about no?

How can the Islam be the religion of peace, when their holy book says that their god is the only one and that anyone who disagrees can be killed? A religion with a holy war. A war that's holy, how does that fit in the description of "religion of peace"? People who criticize the Islam receive hundreds of death threats. People with other religions in Islamic countries are continuously at risk of getting killed.

A famous quote is: "I disagree with what you say, but you should be able to say it." As long as that isn't the case with Islam, then no, it's not the religion of peace.

• Islam is a vile cult

There are loads of verses in the Quran that tell Muslims to kill those who don't believe in Islam, There is also a verse that says that it's OK to beat and rape your wife if she is arrogant, Not to mention that Islam spread through conquering non-Islamic countries (not peaceful at all). Even a muslim preacher has admitted that Islam is not a religion of peace.

• Why do people say Islam is peace.

How can a religion that tells those who follow it to stone women to death,kill non-believers and kill those who leave or convert to something else not only does this prove that there is no equality there is no peace in this religion
    in my book that does not show peace.

• Peace? Um, no.

No, the first thing Muhammad did after fleeing from his city was to raise an army that would march into that city. Wars are justifiable but not peaceful. And so far, they have loved war. Muslims do concern me as t is not only wise to know what other people belief, but also people should question the sawing of heads.

• No because it was Created by warrior class pastoralists:

According to Archaeology, the Nomadic Pastoralists of Judea which had the Us/Them (goat eaters vs pork eaters) aggressive and vindictive mentality created Yahweh (Allah), Though they had many Gods, Josiah chose Yahweh to be his National God which he used and invented a history for in writing (thus Genesis and Exodus) to lure his nation into worshiping only Yahweh, so he banished the worship of all other Gods, thus the first commandments of Exodus.
    Yes, these were created by Josiah, to con his people into having only one God, Yahweh. So this God is a total Narcissist, full of hatred for those worshiping other Gods and so it can never be a God of Peace.
    Had he chosen another God to worship like Vishnu or Buddha, yes, then it could be a religion of peace. But a God who rewards people for performing massacres (Joshua) and orders the death of witches (sorcerers) and infidels, can not ever be peaceful.
    It is actually the Opposite to peaceful.

• It is a religion

As a religion, it wants to control everything. It is the same problem with Christianity, Judaism and even atheism.
    Every one knows religions are peaceful, especially when you are called a heretic.
    However, violent actions from Al Quaida are not supported by most of muslims so there is an evolution.

• Islam is missunderstood by Westerners

Islam translates to submission and NOT peace as many stupid westerners think. For the non-believers of Islam who does not submit is an enemy of the religion and shall be killed. That's what it even says in the Quran. None of the religious violence has been sanctioned ever since the early days of Islam. Those Muslims who say they're peaceful is really outside the true Islamic sphere and are not literal, they're secular but not many are secular.

There is no natural morality in the Quran, it tells you what to feel and dictates your entire scheme of life. You're never free from it. The fact about Islam is that it's a political idea even from the start in the 7th century. Within the Muslim's Caliphate Islam is imposed in the political structure because every rule is written in the book. It's downright unbelievable.