Is it a sin to dislike someone (Christian)? Scripture would be appreciated.

Asked by: AJ-Carter
  • Pray About It

I know that it is hard to like everyone you see, or everyone who hurts you, but God's love and forgiveness is never ending, and he will help you through that feeling.

1 John 2:9
    "Anyone who claims to be in the light but still hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness."

I am very glad you asked this, because I needed this. God works in amazing ways.

• Many scriptures teach us to love

Matthew 5:44
    "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"

Matthew 18:21-22
    "Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times?
    Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."

Matthew 22:36-40
    "Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    This is the first and great commandment.
    And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Luke 6:42
    "Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye."

Consider the meaning of this scripture if the 'beam' in your eye is your judgement and lack of love towards others.

1 Corinthians 13:2-3
    "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
    And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."

Charity means Christ-like love.

To be honest, love and forgiveness can be really hard to have. Thankfully we have prayer! Thankfully Christ is there for us to help change our hearts. I know from my own experience that He has helped soften my heart when I thought it was impossible. Sometimes those changes are immediate and sometimes they are a longer process. It becomes a personal miracle that helps you further know that God's power is real. Embrace these opportunities to better know God by asking Him for help to change your heart.

Instead of being more worried about whether or not it's sin, be more worried about missing out on an opportunity to be relieved of unnecessary turmoil and finding peace.

• Matthew 25, 31-46

Basically it says that what you do to others, you do unto Jesus.

The Lord's Prayer, depending on version, mentions forgiving trespasses Biblical definition of trespasses are "Any injury or offense done to another." To show dislike would be seen as offensive.

Personally, I don't care who you like/dislike. Even if it's me.

• No SHIT NO

God doesn't exist so do sins don't fuck you :) WELL FUCK YOU
    SHIT IN YOUR MOUTH WELL I DO LIKE AN ARGUEMENTE WHO USES DEBATE.ORG NOW YOU FUKCING STUPED?? WELL FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUKC IN SHIT. I NEEDE AT HEPOTHERAPIST NOW IM INSANE FUCK YOU NOW AND FUCK YO NOW HOMIE

• That is not a sin

We don’t have to like everyone we meet. There are those that we must work with regardless of our personal opinion of them. Some people we must deal with are so offensive that unless we are forced to under certain circumstances we would have nothing to do with them in our normal life.