Is it acceptable for a man to hit a woman in self-defense?

• Self defense !

If a woman hits you, it gives you the right to him them back. You can't just stand there and take it. You have every right to defend yourself no matter what. A woman wants to act like a man so treat her like one. That's how the world works.

• Of course a man can

If a woman wants to hit like a man she should take a hit like a man. As a woman, I want to be treated equal to men. This being said, if I choose to fight with a man, I expect them to fight back just like a woman would. Too many women hit men hiding behind the old "men don't hit girls" rule.

• Self Defence !!

Personally I would retaliate with sufficient force to eliminate the risk. I wouldn't retaliate out of scale, simply making sure that who ever it is attacking (male or female) will not attempt to fight back knowing that they don't have to ability or strength to continue fighting back ! !

• You start something I finish it.

Nobody should lay their hands on a person period. It's uncivilized and its the reason why people talk instead of using violence like cave men. But its a natural survival issue. Women do damage to and quite fankly we could learn a thing or two from other mammals. When an act of assult is committed there is no way of going around it and its smack down time. If a woman thinks she is worthy enough a fighter to bring herself up to a mans level of strength and size and she gets TKOed in the first punch thats like a baby trying to beat up a 10 year old. Just dont try it. Learn your place before you get yourself hurt. I mean on a pain scale a solid punch from an average women is " Oh crap she hit me" and for a man its " Oh crap I think I have a mild concussion." Of course women do need to learn self defense and Im not talking about that sissy if someone touches me the right way I can break their wrist crap. First of all breaking their wrist will take both of you hands so what are you gonna do about the other 3 limbs. Ladies learn to BOX or learn karate. Because there is no such thing as an unfair fight and thats whats gonna get you through it. If you try to break a mans wrist in self defense whose not to say he wont grab a weapon and hit you. Men just dont hit first and know your own strength because it is devastating. There was once a man who got punched in the jaw and it snaped his neck and he was paralyzed. If a man can do that to a mab imagine what he could do by accident to a woman.

• Equality for al

Its defense, if someone attacks you or someone helpless you should attempt to stop them. If it comes to blows then it does, if it can be avoided then it should. Your gender should not give you some sort of immunity from this, if you are a woman and strike a man, and he hits you back then he is defending himself.

• Yes but also no

First off it not okay to hit anyone back. However if someone tries to commit a battery and you stop it with a battery then that is perfectly acceptable. Notice I left out gender roles and that is because it does not matter. It would show double standards to think you can try to hit someone and they can't stop you by hitting you. I am tired of hearing "be the bigger man" well do not try to attack people. Also the gender equality for the aff side is down right scary. It would not be gender equality hitting a female because she hit you. Feminism is about institutional sexism so hitting her only advances the idea of women or womyn being treated inferior. Similar to the idea that blacks cant be racist. Because racist or sexist implies a race or gender having more natural institutional advantages than the other. You can't thatfeminism gain a point because you hit her for "equality". And for the neg do not say things like women are smaller or weaker than a man because size is not key to winning a fight or a defense for you not wanting to get hit back and being called weaker only admits that women are inferior and implies that idea is long to stay essentially defeating the feminist thought that women can change.

• Just look in the comments for the no

I don't know why people are thinking that it is acceptable for a man to just lay back as a female hits him. So called "feminists" have changed the worlds view on equality, I think that feminism is support to be about men and women's equality but in our society a female hitting a man is acceptable and if a the man its her back they sue the pitteful excuse of abuse instead of just owning up to throwing the first punch.

• Yes. It is completely OK.

As a matter of fact, I believe that if women want gender equality, they should be treated equally as men in every aspect. The only reason we don't do this is that we know that if we do, the whole idea of 'gender equality' will break down. We men absolutely KNOW that in general, we think more intelligently and rationally and are stronger physically. If we would allow ourselves to prove it, there would be no question.

That being said, a few points:

1. People (both men and women) in relationships probably shouldn't be hitting each other to begin with, EITHER WAY.

2. With that in mind, taking the least violent route is probably advisable for everyone.

3. When you're squabbling and throwing a few punches, it's one thing - but when you're defending your life, it's a whole different ball game. I can block a few light blows from a woman without retaliating most of the time, but if anyone, MAN, WOMAN, OR CHILD comes after me with a weapon, you'd best believe I'm doing everything in my power to protect my life - even if itt means ending theirs.

• It really depends

First let me state that being a respectable male, I personally would never hit a women nor anyone for that matter. I do believe however if put in a position of self defense it is alright to defend yourself, physically if necessary. Sadly we live in a world that talks about equality, but does not practice from both sides of the coin. For example, men get paid more, but women get treated with more respect because they have been portrayed as weaker. I happen to be smaller than half the girls in my class, due to a disease. Women talk about being treated as being as strong as men, but complain when they get hit back after delivering the first strike. This makes no logical sense whatsoever. I think people need to realize what they mean when they say equality. If you disagree, i would love to hear your response.

• Self Defense is Self Defense

It should not be a matter of gender specific self defense. If any person, male or female, hits you, you have the absolute right to hit them back. We live in a society that is, and as a male, I will admit, not gender equal in many different circumstances. But I also believe that these, so called "Feminists" have polluted society with their somewhat false claims of what they believe is equality. This needs to stop, women should make the same amount of money as males, and males have the same equal respect in self defense. Now that I've shared my point of view, I would like to admit that I am of the age of 12. If such a young kid can have such an respectable mind set, than why can't adults have the same. Please think about what I've just stated, and maybe reastablish your belief on this matter. Thank You

• Umm no just why

Would you need to all theese years we say that men were such gentalmen because it was very shunned upon to hit a women now it like hey you know i dont like you right know im gonna hit you its just wrong i dont under stand it at all๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ–

• Excuses, excuses, excuses!

No, I think that a lot of the time people cry "self defence" when in actual fact they beat their partener as a way to put a women in her place for disagreeing with him on something or for sticking up for herself when he verbally or emotionally abuses her. A way to make sure she abides by him at all times and puts up with it.

• It should be, but it isn't.

While I think that it should be acceptable for a man to hit a woman in self-defense, that's not the question. In our society, we still view women as the weaker sex, and have decided that beating up on them for any reason is completely unacceptable. This leads to a lot of unfairness, but what can you do?

• Yes but don't get carried away.

There is this societal idea that there is no way that a women could be a serious threat to a man. However, this is not true. Women can put men in compromising positions where they may need to physically defend themselves. However, if they are able to subdue the woman or leave, they should do that first.

• I do not believe it is acceptable for a man to hit a woman in self defense.

I do not believe it is acceptable for a man to hit a woman in self defense. I think that if a woman is attacking a man, a better idea would be to grab hold of her to keep her in place so she can no longer attack you, instead of hitting her.