Is it acceptable for a man to hit a woman in self-defense?

• Take out the gender

If I were to ask you if it's justified using self defense against an attacker, most people would say yes. Why should it matter if it's a man hitting a woman out of self defense or vice versa. Either everyone gets the right or no one. It shouldn't be a one way street.

• Self Defence For men

If you want equal rights here it is. I'm not saying men should pick fights with girls like they do at bars and stuff but if a woman hits you, there is only soo much beating you can take before you need to fight back or be seriously injured ! !

• In self defence it is completely a human right

If a woman is doing something that will physically hurt or kill you even try to steal or mug you then it is a human right for a man to defend themselves against the woman hiting or wielding a weapon. I think the ideal of men should not hit woman is no longer a reality but I strongly think that men have the right to self defence

• If a girl beater is a thing, why isn't a man beater a thing?

It is ok to hit ANY gender or race in self defence, women also take advantage of this hitting people knowing that they won't get hit back. It is also LEGAL to hit a woman in self defence, I've done my research, so yes, completely fine as long as it's in self defence

• Mans rights yes

Woman have taken mens rights it is incredibly wrong even for a womanto accuse a man of doing something he didnt, men still getigetinmore trouble even if they didnt do anything. Everyone should treat each other equally and have equal respects for bothgenders, god gaveman authority on earth for a reason, to act in gods name!!. Woman do not and should not overthrow or over power over man.

• If it's self defense yes

I never got why if a woman hit a man in self defense it's okay but if a man hit a woman in self defense it's upsetting and you're a bad person. I mean ok I see a lot of videos where woman are hitting guys and stuff and the guy is showing restraint and refraining from hitting her. But guys have limits and if you keep hitting them they're going to hit you back. Besides today slot of women talk about gender equality and how they wanna be treated equal to men. Okay so if you wanna be equal then why is it when a guy hits a girl in self defense he's a monster of some sort. Also what if she's saying hit me hit me. |:/ shoot then smack the bitch. See that's why I couldn't be a guy. If you start hitting me for no reason I smack you back. If I was a guy and a girl did that to me I lay a bitch out. I'm only 14 btw.

• Yes Indeed so.

I think women who believe in hitting a man and not getting hit back have totally lost sight of reality. The concept of a man not hitting a woman is a protective shield. It is not a "sword." It was never meant for women to use as an offensive weapon.

• Yes Indeed so.

• Equal rights ...Equal fights

Weakness does not equal painless. You as a woman may be weaker than me, but if cant keep your weak hands to yourself, or you feet out of my crotch, than I shall put my strong foot in your crotch, and use my strong hands to break yours to safe guard myself and my brothers, in your mind, for their future. I bet you'll thing twice next time you hit a guy. And yes to you punk ass gentlemen... I am a misogynist...Beat you to the punch

• Self defense !

If a woman hits you, it gives you the right to him them back. You can't just stand there and take it. You have every right to defend yourself no matter what. A woman wants to act like a man so treat her like one. That's how the world works.

• Umm no just why

Would you need to all theese years we say that men were such gentalmen because it was very shunned upon to hit a women now it like hey you know i dont like you right know im gonna hit you its just wrong i dont under stand it at all๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ–

• Excuses, excuses, excuses!

No, I think that a lot of the time people cry "self defence" when in actual fact they beat their partener as a way to put a women in her place for disagreeing with him on something or for sticking up for herself when he verbally or emotionally abuses her. A way to make sure she abides by him at all times and puts up with it.

• It should be, but it isn't.

While I think that it should be acceptable for a man to hit a woman in self-defense, that's not the question. In our society, we still view women as the weaker sex, and have decided that beating up on them for any reason is completely unacceptable. This leads to a lot of unfairness, but what can you do?

• Yes but don't get carried away.

There is this societal idea that there is no way that a women could be a serious threat to a man. However, this is not true. Women can put men in compromising positions where they may need to physically defend themselves. However, if they are able to subdue the woman or leave, they should do that first.

• I do not believe it is acceptable for a man to hit a woman in self defense.

I do not believe it is acceptable for a man to hit a woman in self defense. I think that if a woman is attacking a man, a better idea would be to grab hold of her to keep her in place so she can no longer attack you, instead of hitting her.