Is it acceptable to steal from the rich, if you give all of the proceeds to the poor?

• I would normally say no, but there are exceptions

I'd say it's acceptable to steal from the rich, and give all of the proceeds to the poor, if he/she/they became rich by exploiting the poor or stealing from them. I would also say it would be acceptable if the riches were collected by some extreme methods - child labor, slavery etc. Otherwise, I don't think it's acceptable to steal.

• It is wrong to steal from the Rich

It is my opinion that stealing from the rich and giving the proceeds to the poor is wrong. I feel that the act itself is not justified, no matter who the beneficiary is of the stolen goods. Nor does it matter how deserving a beneficiary of stolen goods may be.

• That is not dignity.

No, it is not acceptable to steal from the rich, if you give all of the proceeds to the poor, because the riches belong to the rich person who earned it. It would lead to anarchy if we were all just allowed to decide that someone else needs it more and then take their stuff.

• If you steal from the rich, you need to ask what is stolen.

If someone becomes rich by stealing all of their money from others, then it only seems just that they have all their money stolen and returned to the poor. If someone works very hard and is paid for their work by those who value it, it seems highly unfair to take that money and tell them they no longer deserve it when they earn it. Those who take from the rich must be cognizant of how such wealth is come by.

• No, stealing is never ethical.

No, it is not acceptable to steal from the risk to give to the poor, as stealing is never ethical. It is never right to take something that does not belong to you, regardless of your motives. Most people work hard for what they have and it is there right to spend their money as they see fit.