Is it against human rights to withhold bathroom privileges to students?

Asked by: GoodPoint
  • Obviously it is if a student pees their pants during class you sue for corporal punishment and humiliation.

Just as it is your right to be ignorant and stupid it is your right to use the restroom when needed. Even if 25% or 50% of the school was abusing their right to the bathroom it shouldn't matter. If a student wants to be stupid or ignorant there is nothing we can do about that. Keeping them in class isn't going to make them pay any more attention or do better in class. There's no reason to punish good students because of bad students. My son had a teacher in 3rd grade that was a bathroom nazi 2 of her students ended up peeing their pants by the end of the year. Unfortunately the parents didn't file a lawsuit I would have, but I instructed my child to simply walk out without permission which he did twice in fact if he ever felt like he was going to pee on himself in the middle of class. They called home about it and I told them I didn't care that he walked out without permission that they were in the wrong and it was unlawful and considered corporal punishment. They never called me again.

• If the American or other government decided to withhold bathroom privileges from its citizens would you not be angry too?

I get that there are students that abuse the bathroom system, but are you seriously going to tell me that it's okay for them to not let us use the restroom when we really need to just because of that fact? There are better ways of keeping students from abusing the restroom as a means to leave class, so don't tell me that teachers have a right to take away something that we have to do naturally because a bunch of students abuse it. That's just ignorant.

• Strong WIth Bladders

All should be able to use the washroom whenever they want as adults could use the washroom whenever they want when there working and so why should we Students not be able to go use the washroom? I think we all should be able to use the washroom because Its a right not a privilege.

• Basic human right

It's your human right to use the bathroom whenever you want, if I teacher says you can't simply go. You cannot deny someone from going to the toilet, it would be absurd to not allow a colleague from going to the toilet in a workplace, so why not a student at school?

• It is a human right!

My teacher was like I can't go to the bathroom because I would take to long.. She says last time I took 7 minutes but that was only because of a feminine problem(if you know what I mean). I think this was against student's rights and that is why I told 2 PPW people about it .

• Yes cause its natural

If Teachers can go to the bathroom during class what about students? It is really unfair to the students just cause they are little kids of course their bladder won't hold for long what do you expect? I want answers now from teachers that do this. This has to be a Human right because its natural

• Yes cause its natural

• Teachers ARE PSYCHO

My teacher not only denied me of relieving myself through a very needed and necessary bodily function. She MARKED ME TARDY FOR HAVING TO CHANGE MY TAMPON DURING CLASS!!!! She mocked me in front of the whole class as I was trying to have a discrete conversation. She said the I should've known during passing period. NIGGA THAT WAS !% MINUTES AGO AND IT"S NOT LIKE I HAVE DAMN INTERNAL ALARM CLACK SAYING " YOU WILL BLEED THROUGH IN APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES. No, I don't know I'm going to bleed through till I bleed through. I got a detention for that tardy because it was my third tardy to class yet I haven't been late to class once I just had to fucking pee along with the time I had to change my tampon. This is absolutely ridiculous and flat out not right.

• Teachers ARE PSYCHO

• Union Springs Central High School, NY

It is now closed to the end of the year and our high school has put a new rule out that we are no longer able to use the bathroom during class. They say that we can only use them during the transition to our next class witch isn't enouph time due to only having 3 minutes to get to the next class before being written up from being late to the class. This is in lawfull and just plain ridiculous.

• OK, are bathrooms really rights?

There are plenty of times when a student needs to use the bathroom, but how does that connect to human rights?

The answer is that waiting to go the bathroom can be painful, but teachers aren't trying to torture students. Rather, they need to sit down, be patient, and learn. As supported by Senator Earl Plismuth, "Why are you asking me this? Who the heck can make any connection between bathrooms and human rights?"

• Not an absolute right

The argument there is an absolute right ignores the simple reality is somewhere between the student with legitimate medical problems, there is a tremendous amount of abuse of students using restroom breaks as an excuse to escape the classroom. For a couple of years our school tracked who went to the restroom and when. It showed that nearly a quarter of the students abused the system by going five or more times in a day with no medical conditions. Those identified could only go with an escort. That dramatically dropped restroom usage abuse. It was a labor intensive program and ended due to staffing issues