• Oil's Not Cheap

Americans are so used to high priced oil at this point that the current prices seem like a gift. A worker puts a lot of money into her gas tank and comes out of her pay check. Her check is tiny compared to that of that of a gas CEO.

• Yes it is bad.

The drop in prices are not due to our oil independence it is an effort by the Saudi Oil Barons to weaken our American oil companies reducing our ability to produce American oil it costs more to produce shale oil "fracking" the oil we are producing. Some of my coworkers have already been laid off because of the drop in prices it is not good for us overall sure some might gain a little from reduced gas prices but it is costing jobs in the American oil industry this is money taken out of our economy.

• Would you rather have high gas prices again?

The U.S. Is finally getting it's own oil which helps us out economically. Our only downside is the progress we made with green fuel research. I do stand for green fuel research but a majority of us living here in the U.S. Heavily rely on gasoline for the moment for our everyday needs.

• GREAT NEWS OIL PRICE DROPS

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT WE ARE NOT DEPENDING ON OUTSIDE OIL AS MUCH AS BEFORE. BECAUSE OF THIS THE BIG OIL SUPPLIERS HAVE TO LOWER THEIR PRICES IN ORDER TO TRY AND SALVAGE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY CAN AND WITHOUT LOSING STATUS IN THE OIL GAME.

• It appears that the drop in oil prices is not doing much for the economy.

Logic would dictate that if oil prices are dropping, other prices should follow, yet we are being told to expect that the price of food in 2015 is going to rise. One would also expect that if the consumer is paying less for gas, they will have more discretionary income to throw around, but that doesn't seem to be the case either. All the drop in oil prices is doing is cause Wall Street to respond negatively and that is not good for anyone regardless if you are an investor or not.

• I think it's bad

Not that it is cheaper necessarily, I think that is great, but I don't think that people will be responsible with gas and how they are using it when it is really cheap. I think people will be out driving just to drive, and that is terrible for our environment.