Is it better to be ignorant and happy or to have knowledge and feel "cursed"?

• Ignorance is bliss

My whole life has been pursuit of knowledge. I'd trade every thing I've learned for a peaceful heart and the belief in a world my grandkids could thrive in. Instead they inherit a big poison violent mess. I'm ashamed of the b entire human race. We could do so much better.

• Happiness is happiness; ignorant or not

Honestly, ask me this a couple years ago and I would have said ignorance is no way to live your life. BUT the older I get the more I realize, if this is the one life we have we should enjoy it as much as we can and not focus on all the gritty details. If we truly feel happiness do we have to investigate our surroundings until we make ourself sick. I think not. Although, if the truth is staring you dead in the face, do not ignore it.

• Yes, happiness matters most.

I think if I had a choice, I would prefer to be ignorant and happy as opposed to having knowledge. The more knowledge a person has, the more they tend to question the status quo. It is true that knowledge makes you feel "cursed" because you aren't able to just exist happily ever after.

• Igrance is not being happy

I think if you educate yourself you will have a much better time in life. You can't go around just being empty and not expect to get away with it. It is going to catch up with you at some point. I say just read up on some stuff and go with the flow.

• Ignorance is not bliss

For me, this is the obvious answer. I prefer the burden of knowledge over clueless ignorance. The world is a place that is both beautiful and ugly.
    If we are afraid to look at the wounds and scars of humanity, and choose a temporary bliss, we are lying to ourselves and putting off the inevitable confrontation with reality. It's best to take the world as it is, good and bad, and love it anyway. Being educated usually promotes tolerance, where as ignorance almost always leads to bigotry.

• The unexamined life.

It is not better to ignorant and happy, because a person should not only be happy because they do not know the truth. There is a saying that the unexamined life is not worth living. A person should know everything that is out there, so that their happiness can be authentic.

• Is Ignorance Bliss?

It was once said long ago, “Ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.” While that sounds clever, and might be sometimes true, knowledge can be a bigger blessing than a curse in the long run. I miss my days of innocence. I had few troubles and the world was a safe place. While that is okay for a child to think, coming face to face with reality and being able to take care of yourself is more effective for an adult. It does not give license to paranoid thinking, however. The world can still be a nice place.

• Knowledge is key

What would happen if we did not have knowledge? That's right you and I would not be able to freely give our opinions, I think a world like that would never make me happy, knowing there was more to be done with life, that would make me feel "cursed" not ignorance. Think about how many racist comments there has been because of ignorance are you saying that makes people happy?