• It is better

If you are rich your judgement is blocked by money and you don't care about your family just your money. If you are poor you care about what you have got rather than what you dont have, the rich just want more and more take a footballer for example they end up buying loads of crap rather then helping others.

• poor can atleast have a good soundy sleep at night

people rich all over the world are always bugged up with the fact that something may happen to their bank accounts,their finances may get dissolved...those who are poor have no such disease know as blood pressure which arises with those who are constantly bugged up with tension. being a middle class rson is the best thing anyone can ever have.

• Simple is Better

Nobody debates that you need a bare minimum to meet your basic needs, so we'll just assume both "poor" and "rich" are above that poverty line. Once you have enough, it's better to strive for a simple life. Wanting more than that does not increase your happiness very much, but instead is countered by a stronger sense of emptiness. The same feeling of frustration when you put effort into something which falls apart on you, is the feeling of a pursuit of wealth.

• The sense of categorizing where you stand

Not for your emotions and wants it isn't. You know you want those expensive things like the rich kids would. But the rich have so many people looking at them and expecting them to be rich brats that they will always have enemies before even speaking to them. The rich act as though they value the family that brought them into such an amazing life, but most just turn into snobs who only value money.

• Sweat Of Brow

I would choose poverty every time. In poverty you live more in reality and don't rely on material things to bring you happiness. Instead you build great relationships with people. You earn your money by the sweat of your brow and the strength of your back. You build your spirit.

• Living for what you know

Is it better to live rich then poor. Many people would say off the back living rich is way better then poor but do you truly know what your living for. Then just to wake up every day a make million most people don't have it easy like that , most have a job an go to work every day an know what there doing for there kids an for then to have a dream an grow up

• It is better for YOU but not your 'feelings'

People who have traveled to Africa or places where the poor are not scarce have always mentioned how hopeful the people seemed. It is not the money that makes people happy, it is the things bought by it and even rich people usually admit they value their family over possessions. To sum my argument up the poor will always wish to be rich but the rich may sometimes wish to be normal or poor (if their head hasn't exploded already).

• Cost of Lifestyle equates to struggles, anyway.

Regardless of how much money you have, you live a certain lifestyle. With more money, you become accustomed to a certain way of living (for most people) in which case you may over indulge in the luxuries life has to offer. Eventually, your gross annual income doesn't leave you with as much disposable income as it did in the beginning, if you're frivolous and lack adequate investment practices. Take anyone who gets a better paying job. For example, someone may usually make $40K annually, then get promoted to $50K. That's an extra 10K that you can choose to spend wisely, or just choose to spend. Lets face it, we live in a materialistic consumer society with many social stigmas associated with self-image and the "American Dream." Let's say that person gets bumped up to $70K after 10 years of hard work and additional education. Now to top it off, you're spending again, until you've reached your threshold and perhaps you used money from your savings to pay for additional schooling or took out student loans because you "just couldn't afford it," because you're lifestyle wouldn't allow you to save responsibly. Now you've racked up more debt that you have to pay back that cuts into your new $70K, and to top it off, regular living expenses and lifestyle expenses. I'm sure you see the cycle.

In conclusion, it doesn't matter how much money you have because enough may never be enough. Seeking things with substance in life should be anyone's ideal of a perfect life, but unfortunately our society has taught us otherwise. If someone wants to be a doctor, for instance, because they want to help mankind and it truly makes them happy, they should do it. But they shouldn't do it for the money. Hopefully I made a clear and concise point that everyone will understand.

Follow @twygz on Instagram

• It Is better to be born poor than born rich.

When you are born rich, you get everthing you want from getting those J's that you wanted to going to your dream school, all by paying with money. You never have to worry about needing a pair of pants, shoes, or shirts because you will have too much of them to count. You will probably not learn that everything has true value and take care of things with the respect that they deserve. You will break a expensive phone because you want the latest version. You never worry about anything in your life. When you are poor, you cannot buy those expensive J's and you have to earn your way to your dream school by studying and working hard. When you are poor, you might have to wear the same thing multiple days or even weeks at a time. You have to wear the same pair of shoes always because there the only pair you have. When you are poor, you learn that everything has value and everything has to be treated with care and respect. You might have a flip-phone or a "cheap" smart-phone but you treat it as if your life depended on it. You treat it as if it were the only thing that you had. You take care of even the smallest things because there the only things you have.

• It is better

Because . . . . . . . . Bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh ! ! ! ! ! :3
    XD XD :3 :3 gy tu io pa sd fg hj kl xzz cccc zzzz zzzz zzz z z z z z z z z z z

• With Wealth comes options. With poverty comes hinderence

I was raised middle class and due to the economy I was forced to live below that standard. With that said I had to live a more dangerous life. Not neccesarily a participant of crime but places of stricken with poverty are also a place where a lot of crime happns. So its eithe victor or victim. That is very nerve wracking. Also it doesnt do good for your self esteem when you cant provide the simpliest things for yourself and your loved ones. No disrespect to the other side but you have to be insane to rather that lifestyle versus the akternative

• Crinkly crizzm mah nizzm

If you iz rich, you iz king. You get da good hoes, plus, you iz rich. Clean ass hos fo' lyfe nigguh. No mo' shit dicke. Plus u get dat drunk azz crak. All you need iz pennis And also dicke and balls r all u nee. I'm a good happy drunk nigga and I iz' happy.

You have money. You have everything you can have. No need to worry about applying for scholarships, tuition loans, car loans, etc. You get to travel overseas without the constant fear of running out of money. You get head start as compared to many people. Being rich doesn't mean you are fucked up in character wise. You can be rich and still help people. It is not co-related.

• It is better

If you have money it is proven your problems are all about money and that's all you think about but even if the poor think about money they don't brag about what they have and what they can give unlike rich people and some rich people don't care about anyone but themselves

• It is better

• A Balance of the Two

Personally, I believe that a balance of both mindsets is needed, and the middle ground is best. The wealthier you are, the more obligated you are to other people and in turn their events, functions, etc. You live under a microscope. You may be able to buy the things you want, but you are unable to truly be you, not without sacrifice. Being poor is a struggle. Many poor struggle with mental health issues, and are unable to move ahead because of having to sacrifice one or the other. School or work so I can have a home? Drive a car so I don't have to walk 10 miles to work in the rain, or pay ridiculous insurance rates and worry about breakdowns, which may cost me my job once I lose reliable transportation. There is always a sacrifice when you're poor. If you think in the middle, you can be happy and responsible with your money, and humble. You won't self sacrifice, but you'll definitely help others from the heart and know how to remain down to earth. So in conclusion, being wealthier is better, but I think there is a stopping point if you want to be happy.

• Not selfish, just rich

I'm doing an argumentative essay about the topic: " Riches is everything" and I believe it. Being rich makes you happy and free. It all depends on how you spend your money. We don't have to use money for gambling or personal stuff, but having money gives you the opportunity to help others

• Personal experience s

Just because you're rich does not mean you're selfish. I come from a wealthy family with a ferrari, 4 range rovers and a movie theater, yet over half the people in my school think I'm just like them. My parents teach me responsibility, we don't have butlers and maids, I clean my room, take out the trash and clean dishes like other kids. Having the privilege to have all these luxuries make me realize that I want to be successful and have a lot of money, like everyone else does. But in reality there is no right or wrong poor people can be just as happy as rich people and vice versa.

• No it can't be

Being poor can not be better than being rich because everything the poor have the rich have. Not only this but the rich have access to things such as vacations and fancy cars and mansions. The poor have to scrounge for everything and penny pench. The rich can do what ever they want #yolo

• To live fully in soul, man must have love; and love is denied expression by proverty.

A man's highest happiness is found in the bestowal of benefits
    on those he loves; love finds its most natural and spontaneous
    expression in giving. The man who has nothing to give cannot
    fill his place as a husband or father, as a citizen, or as a man. It
    is in the use of material things that a man finds full life for his
    body, develops his mind, and unfolds his soul. It is therefore of
    supreme importance to him that he should be rich.