Is it better to have only one best friend that's really close to you than having a lot of friends who aren't close to you?

Asked by: helomaria
  • Quality over Quantity

It is better to have friends who actually appreciate you for who you are, instead of people who are barely above friendly acquaintances, who only hang around you for a good time. Friendship needs to mean something again, and if that means fewer people in your social circle, but people who actually care about and even love you, so be it.

• I prefer one or two best friends

It's okay to have casual friends it's fun and awesome to hang out with we can exchange advice and stories and have common interstes and hobbies that's all great but nothing can beat the intimacy of really close and best friends i exprienced both and i came to realize that i cherish that deep connection cuz sometimes in big groups you get distracted to really KNOW the people you're with , also it's okay to have multiple best friends i have 2 besties and my boyfriend whom i consider my best friend too , my sister she's also my best friend , and a really close person that i consider as my father ( he's not blood relative ) and he's always supporting me , i never been satisfied emotionaly and socially in my life

• Have a mixture of friendships

I think it is better to have one best friend than loads of friends who you can't really be yourself with and trust. The actual meaning of the term 'best friend' basically means the friend that you like the best. So make sure you have at least one person who you know is really there for you and you know you have a great time with, and then socialise with everyone at the same time. You don't just have to stick to being with your BFF all the time, sometimes you might want to have a break from each other, in which case go and hang out with someone else for a while. There's nothing wrong with having a best friend whilst also being chatty and friendly ! You shouldn't feel pressured into hanging out with anyone in particular, just enjoy spending time with the people you like.

• Neither Better Or Worse

It's neither better or worse to have one best friend as opposed to many casual friends. It all depends on you: your personality, temperament, and what kind of relationships you enjoy. That being said, it is important to have at least one person in your life that you can confide in, but it doesn't have to be in the form of a "best friend." It could be a parent, teacher, colleague, etc. Still, if you enjoy having many acquaintances, there's nothing wrong with that either!

• Neither Better Or Worse