Is it fair for parents to decide whether their teenage child/children is/are capable of loving someone?

Asked by: allie_harding
  • No, it isn't fair for parents to decide whether their children are capable of loving someone.

I do not believe that it is the decision of a parents whether their teenage child is capable of love. There is no set age in which people are capable of being in love with someone in a romantic way. In today's times I feel as though more and more parents are telling their teenage children that they are 'too young' to know what love is. I don't think that it is right for a parents to decide whether their teenage child is capable of being able to love someone. I don't believe that it is right for a parent to tell their child that what they feel for someone else isn't love when love is a feeling that is differently experienced for different people. The way that I experience love is not the way that my best friend or my parents experience it. Love is something that you must be a certain age to feel. Parents trying to tell their children that they are not able to love someone like they (the parent) love their significant other is not fair to the child because of the fact that they may very well be in love with someone and the parents not know because they (the parents) are blinded by the fact that their child is still a teenager and isn't an adult. Therefor, no, I do not feel like it is fair for parents to decide whether their teenage child/children is/are capable of loving someone else.

• No i think not

It is absloutly stupid that some parents do that. Hey can love whoever they want and it is not their parents descion. So yes i think no bcuz its our or wheoevreeesss descion. Parents if u do this stop. It ourrrrrssss descionnnssss get rekt parents its our lyyyfefee so staph

• It Isn't Fair

I don't think it's fair for parents to decide when their kids are 'capable' of loving somebody, I do think they should decide when their child is old enough to date with out supervision or even with supervision. Toddlers and babies are capable of loving their parents, pets and sibling

Unitomic says2015-10-19T19:36:25.973
You ask this question on a site full as half wit teenagers?
Vox_Veritas says2015-10-19T21:21:46.437
The question should probably be rephrased as "Is it fair for parents to put dating restrictions on their teens?"