Is it fair for people to wait longer for their tax returns because of IRS budget cuts?

• Yes, it is fair for people to have to wait longer for their tax returns.

Many people are upset about the possibility of receiving their tax returns late because of IRS budget cuts, and in a way this is understandable. We as a nation have enjoyed a reasonable well-functioning, well-funded government for quite a while now. But the fact is that times are changing, and we simply cannot expect the same quality of services we've had in the past.

• No it is not

I don't think that is fair at all. That is ridiculous. The taxes we pay in extra is our money and we should get it back when we file our taxes. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. I file my own taxes, but I better not have to wait.

• No, no one should have to wait longer.

No, I do not think that it is fair for people to have to wait longer for their tax returns because of IRS budget costs. We already have to wait long enough to get back all the money that the governement steals from us the time should be cut as short as possible.

• It's not a commercial business, so fairness isn't their priority.

No, it's not fair at all. But, the IRS is a government entity, not a business where customer satisfaction has any bearing on them. With this, or any of the many unfair issues with our government, stop complaining without action and start a (peaceful) revolution if you want to attempt to change it. Otherwise, suck it up and do nothing. Idly complaining about what's fair won't be of any good to anyone.