Is it fair to use children in television advertisements?

• Children participate in commercial will benefit their future

Yes, I strongly believes that it is fair to use children in TV commercials. The advantages of using children in TV commercials simply cover the disadvantages of the motion.

First, children can gain independence in working with others. Also, children who participate in TV commercials are usually more mature with good leadership and critical thinking skills in the future. Secondly, their soft skills will be improved throughout the process as children will have to receive the orders of the instructors and cooperate with them. Thus, this can benefit their future growth. Furthermore, this is a good chance of children to experience something new and starting to discover their future career path.

A very controversial case, "Celine Yeung Scandal", had made people judge whether using children in commercial will affect their childhood. Moreover, some said the photoshoot of Celine Yeung has made her lose her innocence. But in other perspective, you can said that these photos are adorable. This totally depends on the way you look at the photos. If you look at these photos in an artistic way, is totally fine. Children must receive some negative comments through the process but how they are dealing with it is the most important for their future growth.

In conclusion, to sum up my stance in one line, it is that "Children participate in commercial will benefit their future". Based on the advantages above, I strongly believes that it is fair to use children in TV commercials.

• I think it is fair to use children in television advertisements.

Nowadays,many companies like to use children to shoot a commercial.This is because maybe they think that is more persuasive and it can attract more customers.I also think they let the children involving in commercial is a good way to train their confidence.
    Firstly,I think nowadays Hong Kong children become more introvert,involving in commercial can help them to train their confidence.It can also reduce the frighten when they face a camera.Confidence.It can also reduce the frighten when they face a camera.
    Besides,I think involving in commercial are good at helping them to communicate with the strangers or anyone.This is because the parents nowadays are having an excessive care on their children.But involving in commercial can help their communication skills.
    That is my opinion on this issure.

• There is no wrong to use children in television advertisements

In my opinion, I think that there is nothing wrong for the advertisements to use children in television. Also, I think it is fair to the children and the children gets the benefits of being in the advertisements. There are three reasons below.
    First, I don’t think that it is unfair to the children to advertise for the companies. It is because the children also got the remuneration after filming the advertisements. They can also have an experience of being a model and can find the way whether they have the talent of being a model in the future. Therefore, I think that this is a good learning experience for the children.
    Second, there is no wrong for the companies using children in the television advertisements because some of the advertisement may need children in it to emphasize the theme of their products and promote better to attract the eye ball of audience. For example, the Scott's’, it sells the health products for children therefore they use children in their television advertisement and I think it is suitable for them to use children in it.
    Third, some people may think that after they are being famous and popular, they may have big pressure of many people are concerning on them but I don’t think so. I think this is the chance for them to try to be fearless in front of many people and don’t be afraid. I think it is a good learning chance for the children.
    In conclusion, I think it is fair to use children in the television advertisements.

• I believe that it is fair to use children in television advertisements.

I think it is appropriate for childrens to find their interest and make their dream to become popular true.
    First of all, children nowadays have fame. They want to become popular by starting their career by being on television advertisements. Some parents do not let their children become famous because they think it will ruin their life and make them very tired. However, as long as their children are hard working enough, they can break through their challenges.
    Secondly, advertising is not a bad hobbie for children. They can find their comfort zone in advertising.Therefore, advertising becomes one of the most important moment in their lives. This can make them and their parents happy and proud of themselves.
    In conclusion, I think children can be used in television advertisements. I hope parents will let their children's dream become true.

• It is not fair to use children in television advertisements.

In my opinion, I think children should have a wonderful memory of childhood. In their age, they should play with their family and friends, instead of sitting there to wait for shooting. Also, use in advertisements may affect their psychological in daily. Because they need to shoot for some hours and they may feel so bored. Moreover, they are not mature enough to decide whether they should use in advertisements or not, so they just follow their parents. Maybe they don’t like share their photos to other people. However, they cannot reject at last. Finally, I think use in advertisement will affect their study, so I don’t agree to use children in the television advertisement.

• I agree that it is fair to use children in television advertisements.

I think this is a good activity for the children trying to be a model. It may help the children to become more confident since they need to face the camera for a long time. Also, children who have this kind of experiences may help them to find their new interest and they may know more about themselves.

Also, being a model is a kind of work, children can experience what do it feel and they know what will happen when they work in the future.

Some parents may feel concerned that after their children being more popular and they become much busy, they may not have enough time to focus on study and it may affect their study. But, I think this will be a good chance for the parents to teach their children on managing their time and to balance between their interests and study. It may help them in the future.

Besides, some parents may worry about what the advertisements are about and they may feel scared that some inappropriate photos may appear. But, I think the parents should fully understand which advertisement their children will take part in before letting them do it. Also, they should see the product first before they let the advertisement show to the public. So the parents do not have to worry about it.

In conclusion, I think it is fair to use children in television advertisements. Children should experience it once and it may help them to understand more about themselves.

• In my opinion, it is fair to use children in television advertisements.

In my opinion, it is fair to use children in television advertisements. As it is a good experience for kids to know what a working place is, its difficulties and not to be shy in front of the camera. They know how to communicate with people in different aged. Children cannot be teached at school or from the books.Also, it can develop their acting interest and which industry do they want to get into in the future.

After that people may think that it will affect their sleeping quality as they spend a lot of time on the advertisement. However, I believe that parents can teach their kids to plan a timetable and have a balance in working and rest and to have well time management which will be benefited when they grow.

There are many products for the kids so it is beneficial for the enterprise to use kids as their models. As the models are kids, parents will easily to know if it is suitable for their kids.It is eye catching to use kids for the kids product instead of using adults as they cannot really spread the messenger of the company.

To sum up, it is fair to use children in television advertisements. However, parents should help them not to get some sexy work or some that will influence their development before children choosing.

Posted by: WYL
  • I agree that it is fair to use children in TV advertisement.

Children are easily to fit in many different aspects of advertisement, like children’s clothing, toys, etc. For children’s clothing, it is impossible to ask an adult to fit in the clothes for taking the advertisement photos. Like this kind of advertisement, we must choose children to be our model to promote our products to the citizens. And children have a naive state of mind, for some advertisement that selling the cute products, children are the most suitable candidates for these kind of commercial. From a lot of products, we can see the sales volume of those goods are much higher than others goods. I think this is the strong power of children. Therefore, it is fair to use children in TV advertisement.

• There are many children or baby products, just like another market from adult products, we should allow this market to do commercials.

Children should be allowed to get involved in commercials.
    There are many children or baby products, just like another market from adult products, we should allow this market to do commercials. Children appearing in the advertisements, posters or photos can attract more customers and help the buyers know more about the product.
    However, if the children commercials involve sexual contents, the commercial should be banned and the situation should be stopped. Children are innocent and pure, the society should not use their innocent to earn money immorally.
    In conclusion, children should be allowed to get involved in commercials but with strict laws to specify the contents to protect our children.

• Children should get involved in commercials!

Children deserve to have a chance to experience the world as getting involved in commercials can grant them a whole new life experience and help them to explore the world. Moreover, getting involved in commercials is the starting point to the acting profession. If children are not allowed to get involved in commercials, they lost a chance to discover their interest and ability. Besides, children is the next generation of the society, they deserve to have a chance of experiencing the society as well.

In general, public may think that children are not mature enough to make their own decision and don’t have the ability for time management. Nevertheless, you never know if you never try. Children should be giving an opportunity to learn but not protect them in the greenhouse. And I believe that the case of Celine Yeung is just rare but not common. As you may see that in western country such as America and United Kingdom, child as a celebrity is just a common phenomenon. Even the well-known David Beckham’s son is a child celebrity and act as a model for Burberry.

In conclusion, children should be allowed to get involved in commercials as to broaden their horizon and for self-discovery. Parents should assess the effect of the advertisement to their children before letting them to make their own decision in order to prevent the misuse the commercials.

• Taking part in TV advertisements may affect children physical and mental health

No , I think it is not fair to use children in TV advertisements . Taking part in TV commercials may become the pressure and have bad effect to children .
    Children should have a normal childhood which is playing with friends and families . Taking part in TV commercials is exhausting for children. They should spend so much time on the jobs if they become the celebrities . Children do not have enough strength to take part in the TV commercials and it will affect their physical health.
    Also,their time will be spent on the jobs and they will not have time to stay with their families or make friends . They cannot have a normal childhood like other children if they become celebrities . They may not have friends and feel lonely .
    The public will see and comment on the TV commercials if the children take part in the commercials.Children may have bad experience because of the negative comment from others . Celine Yeung was a child celebrity who has starred in the picture book Childhood Times .One photograph showed Celine sitting on the floor with her legs open and underpants exposed . This picture book had been discussed by the public because of the photos inside . Celine may get hurt if she heard the negative comments about her . It will affect her mental health and lower her self-esteem.
    In conclusion , I think it’s not fair to use children in TV commercials because it will affect their physical and mental health.

I think children should have more time with their parents and friends. They need to learn to get along with others and also broaden their social circle. Moreover, I think the children’s childhood should be carefree, but not just shoot for a long time. If they shoot for a long time, it will affect their physical development.

Furthermore, children want to become modal in the future, so the will not focus on learning. So, they do not want to go to school. If they go to school, they will not have any friends at school. This is because most of their time use for shooting, there are no time for they make friends with other.

In addition, because of the television advertisements, children may drop their confidence in the future. For example, Celine Yeung is a children’s model. In 2005, Celine Yeung took the opportunity to launch a photo album. Which actually there are open legs and exposed underwear photo in the bed, accused of poor consciousness. Although she is small, does not know what happen. But when she grow up, she will knows about it. Because of the social discussion, she may drops her confidence.

In conclusion, I think the children should not be allowed to get involved in advertisements. This is because it will affect both physical and mental development.

• I think it is not fair to use children in television advertisement.

In my opinion, it is not fair to use children in television advertisements. First of all, children should have more time to play and study since the process of playing game and studying is not only for happiness, but also the best way to establish of interpersonal relationships and practice children’s IQ. It will exploit the rights of child if they spend too much time on advertisements. Also, the children need to work with the adults then they have less time with their friends. This will affect the children social life as they have no time to play with friends so they may become lonely.
    In conclusion, I do agree that children should not involve in the television advertisements.

• They will receive a lot of pressure.

As the child celebrity become more and more popular, the negative comments will become more and more too. The negative comments may cause some mental health to the child and increase their pressure too.

Childhood is a time for the children to play and study but not working. When I was small, I also want to become a celebrity but now I don't think a child is ready for this. Children are too young to face this entertainment industry, being a celebrity will always receive lots of attacks without any reasons.

Also, children are too young and they don't know how to protect themselves even though their parents are staying with them. Probably the strongest example is the six years old girls - Celine Yeung.

Celine Yeung is a famous child celebrity in Hong Kong , she made a album and sold it in the Book Fair 2015. Her mother mentioned that the album is just a way to keep the memories of Celine when she was small. However, the album loss its original meaning.

The photographer took some photos that is Celine sitting on the floor with her legs opened and her underwear exposed. A six years old girl won't feel anything about it but her parents will. The problem is here, Celine's mother stayed with her during the whole photo taking but she also didn't noticed about it.

Based on this we know that even is the parents and staying with the children, it is not one hundred percent safe. And this album brought a big confused to Celine and her family members.

Last but not least, children need to study but child celebrities don't have enough time to do this. But once the child celebrities fail on their academic studies, everyone will blame on him or her. Also, the loss the precious time at school and with their classmates. School is a remarkable memories in our life but they just lost it because of the harsh schedule.

In conclusion, I do agree that children should not involved in the television advertisements.

First, most of the television advertisement will invited around 1-9 years old children to take part in the television advertisement. However, children in this age should put more time in study and socializing. When they become the character of the advertisement, they will have less time to study, this will make them lose the opportunities to learn new things. Also they will have less time with their friends and family. This will make children social life become small and they will feel lonely as they have no time to play with friends. This will affect their childhood.
    Besides, some people think let children to attend this type of commercial, will let them getting popular then they will have a lot of money. However, have you think that when the children are getting popular, many people will notice them and the children need to do all things right otherwise the people will discuss about them. This will make the negative impact to the children and affect their whole life. It will make the children feel uncomfortable when they face the people.
    In conclusion, I think it’s not fair to use children in television advertisement.

Shahzadihina says2016-11-20T10:58:01.353
I believe that it is fair to use children in television advertisements. I think it is appropriate for childrens to find their interest and make their dream to become popular true.