Is it financially sensible to cut Medicare spending for home health aides?

• Yes it is fiscally responsible.

It is fiscally responsible to cut Medicare spending for home health aides. Home health aides are qualified and able to recommend products for their patients but this care is very focused and not something that everyone needs. With services like this being covered by Medicare more and more patients will want to use this driving up the costs for everyone.

• No, it would not be financially sensible to cut Medicare for home health aides.

I think that it makes no sense to cut something like Medicare for home health aides. Medicare is something a lot of people depend on for their medical needs and insurance. Cutting it for the sake of providing home health aides, doesn't make any logical sense. Not only would it not be financially sound, it would actually cost more.

• Home health aids provide a much needed service.

It doesn't make sense to cut funding to home health aids. This is a needed service that, in many cases, saves money because it is done at home rather than a hospital or doctor's office. Medicare should provide services such as these to the people that have spent a lifetime paying taxes rather than take things away from the elderly.

• No, I don't believe it's financially sensible to cut Medicare spending for home health aids.

I believe home health aids provide a very valuable service to those who are inflicted with grave illnesses and I don't want to see their funding be cut. I would say there are always ways to make the program run more efficiently with the same amount of money but I don't agree with cutting funding to it.

• No It Isn't

I do not believe it is financially sensible to cut Medicare spending for home health aides. I believe doing so will limit seniors choices and more than likely push them into nursing facilities at an earlier time. In the end, the policy that tries to save money by limiting home health aides, actually helps the nursing facilities, which are far more expensive, boom in business. As you can see, this policy would cause spending to increase rather than decrease.