Is it morally wrong to ignore starvation in third world countries?

• Yes it is morally wrong

To ignore starvation in third world countries is morally wrong and even non human. To help people starving is the mission of all of us ; because exploiting the 3rd worldcountries' resources such as gold, diamond, petrol, etc.... And then leaving them without food is very devilish. That s why we should all assume responsibility and trying to help by all means.

• Ignoring any starvation is wrong

If you ignore any starvation it is wrong. We have an obligation to feed as many people as possible because everyone deserves to eat and have a warm filling meal. When you know someone is hungry and you choose to ignore that, then one day you will be needing something and someone will ignore you.

• Starvation is Never Acceptable

It is morally wrong to ignore the fact that other people are starving around the world. It is also morally wrong to ignore the fact that people are starving in the cities of the United States. In other countries, much food is often available, but it is kept from people by corrupt officials.

• Ignoring any starvation is wrong

• Should people dwell over things over which they have no control?

Do I have an obligation to completely skew my lifestyle to my own detriment to help starvation in third world countries? It is a virtue for people to want to help, and to try to help, but I cannot say it is morally wrong to not do those things. Is inaction immoral? Are we obligated to act?

Realistically, if I have no control of a situation unless I put myself in harm's way, compromising everything I have to fix it, then do I have an obligation to do something? I would say the answer is a resounding No.

Me 'not ignoring' the issue is not going to fix it. As much as I see the virtue in helping people, I cannot say that not helping them is immoral. Doing them harm, making it worse by my direct action, would be immoral. People cannot be expected to sacrifice themselves for the sake of others, even in these little ways, even if it is amazing and respectable when they do.

• No, it isn't.

Until we address starvation in our own country, we have no business trying to correct anyone else's home. While this may seem selfish, it is also practical. If we have the excess to give away to people in other countries, then why are we turning a blind eye on the people sitting a block away who haven't had a proper meal in who knows how long? It's easier to address someone else's problems than our own and that, in and of itself, is a problem.

• No, it isn't.