Is it natural to have a phobia of old closing credits (pre-late 70s)?

Asked by: Adam2
  • I kinda have a phobia of entertainment made before the age of ending credits

I don't know. I love movies yet it's a bit uncomfortable to watch old productions. I've always had a phobia of old movie/TV show credits, but then that's just me, right? I love stuff from 1977 to the present more than stuff from before then. What do you guys think?

• I have a similar phobia.

My phobia is of silent films or anything before the 40's. There is something about the oldness of them that gives me an eary feeling down my spine. So don't let people tell you that it is not okay to have this phobia because it is as of the name of it i am not sure.

• I have a similar phobia.

• Don't obey illogical emotions

When I feel fear when I know it's illogical I make myself act opposite to the fear. When I feel stress when I know it won't serve me any purpose even if most people would feel stress (i.E. Most people feel stress over public speaking but there's no functional purpose of having a fight of flight response to that scenario) I force myself to act opposite to the stress and do it anyways.

I never understood people who just bow to their illogical emotions instead of fighting them. Do you define yourself as your emotions? That's absurd. You are NOT your emotions. Sometimes emotions should be fought.

• Phobias are not natural.

In clinical psychology, a phobia is classed as an anxiety disorder, Meriam Webster defines phobia as "an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation". Thus a phobia is a disorder and therefore not natural, Perhaps Adam2 is not using the term correctly. Perhaps he means to ask if it is common to dislike old credits.