Is it necessary to give up privacy to protect national security?

• Yes it is

yes, to make sure that the whole nation is protected you have to make sure that you check every phone call and text message, and every web search, to make sure that you know that every single person is not about to plan a big attack on the US coming up.

• No,it is not necessary to give up privacy in order to maintain national security.

It is not necesarily mandatory to give up privacy in order to maintain national security.Since privacy is a basic tenet of the American system,national security is pointless unless you also have a sense of security or else the whole society becomes nothing but a police state that nobody wants to be in.

• no, it is not.

Giving up security has nothing to do with protecting national security. The best way to protect national security is to stay out of people's business and treat the rest of the world humanely. I'd hate to admit it, but American imperialism has become a bully tactic and it can't keep on.

• It hasn't helped.

No, it is not necessary to give up privacy in order to protect national security, because it is not helpful. We do not have more national security if we give up privacy. We gave up privacy, and the Boston Bombings still happened. We are felt up at airports, but they haven't made a dent in security issues.

• Privacy should never be given up for national security

Privacy should never be given up for national security. I don't care how much the government promises to protect me or my family, at the end of the day and I want to know that the government is staying out of my life. I don't want to know that I am monitored daily and where I am. I just don't feel comfortable anymore. I am pretty sure many Americans feel the same, if not more angry about this issue.