Is it odd that China never blocked the Stormfront website?

Asked by: MasturDbtor
  • Stormfront.Org, a neo-nazi site is "ok" for all Chinese routers

Yet China says that "Inciting hatred or discrimination among nationalities or harming the unity of the nationalities" is one of its reasons for blocking sites. Yet from the greatfirewallofchina website where you can check to see if it's blocked in China the neo-nazi website "stormfront" is "ok" from all routers.

China also includes promoting sexually suggestive material as one of the reasons yet if you enter "www.Xtube.Com" (like youtube but pornography) it was that's OK too.

And so is youporn.Com

Strangely www.lp.org the libertarian party's website is approved by it!

The Chinese censors appear to be getting lazy.

Yes I've listed english language sites but most young Chinese know english.

Stormfront is an abhorrent website, but the point is that as much as they want to censor everything China can't really control the internet. It's too big.

BTW, www.debate.org is also approved. If you are in China I'd especially like to see what your opinion is on this!

• Yes it is surprising that China did not intervene

China is typically known for intervening and censoring things for their people. So yes it is very surprising to me that they chose not to block the stormfront website. Perhaps they feel it is not really any threat and blocking it will only cause more of a sensation in the long run.

• Because we should not trust China. That's why.

It should not surprise anyone that China does not block stormfront, because they keep their enemies close. The Chinese are a cunning group, and see a chasm within the WN movement that they can easily infiltrate. So many Chinese post on stormfart, it's unreal. And these WN bigots are so ignorant to think that the Chinese are on their side - they applaud them because they are"racially pure". It's just insanity. And let's not call stormfronters "racists"... Def of a racist is someone with the money or power to disenfranchise a people. Most stomfronters are poor yokels with not a dime, and pissed that someone else has a nickel.

• We cannot trust China

I'm sorry but it does not surprise me that China does not block stormfront, because they keep their enemies close. The Chinese are a cunning group, and see a chasm within the WN movement that they can easily infiltrate. So many Chinese post on stormfart, it's unreal. And these bigots are so ignorant to think that the Chinese are on their side - they applaud them because they are"racially pure". It's just insanity.

• For a totalitarian country, they're doing better than us when it comes to censorship

I don't like Stormfront. I should also add to those who answered this question, that this is a Klan site not a Nazi one. You think the people on Stormfront give a rats ass about Germans, Italians or Spanish people? I think not. Most of them are from the same people who founded the Klan. Very pro-imperialist. Anyways, I say let Stormfront post their hateful views. It's not for us to ban them.

• They don't need to do it

First of all their websites, such as Stormfront, youporn, and other such websites are not commonly used in the Chinese populace. Most Ethic Chinese don't even use Google, they use a website called, Baidu, which is basically Google, but for people that speak Chinese. Other websites, such as pornographic ones in Western countries are used very(I MEAN very) little by the Chinese populace. I do not know what type of porn sites that go on, however I believe that they do not go on the ones that Western people have created. Therefore a website like Stormfront would have little influence on the Chinese populace. This is because, first it is in English, and even though alot of younger Chinese people are learning English, most of your 30 year olds and older do not know how to speak English, therefore making the website undesirable for most citizens of China. Secondly a website that is a white supremacist site would not be popular in a country that is 92% Ethic Han Chinese, 8% of other minority Chinese. Therefore I believe that such website would be unpopular, and also they would be mostly unknown to the Chinese populace. This is coming from someone with Ethical Chinese background, (Also most Chinese would not comment on such website because they probably wouldn't know this site exist and also most of them probably don't know what stormfront is.

MasturDbtor says2013-12-27T04:58:20.510
Aclu.Org is also not blocked.