Is it ok to date someone that is 2 years older than you?? (send me a friend request)

Asked by: anna_denise
  • Sure why not

Its 2 years long as its not like at 13 year old dating a 15 year old. But this is coming for someone whose parents are about 4 years apart ( I think it could be less or more) and favorite book/movie couple is 2 years apart (well I have many favorite movie couples I just went with Four and Tris form Divergent) and likes a movie/book character who is 14, (I'm 12)

• Of course it is

I don't understand why people make such a big deal about it. If you love the person or just want to be with them then do so. Nobody is stopping you and you have every right as a human being. I bet your mum and dad are more than 2 years apart :D

• 2 years are nothing compared to other couples

There are couples who are about 2-8 years apart in age and they don't mind. So what is two compared to 8 years? That is a lot larger of an age gap. And people make a big deal of 2 years. What has this world come too? I mean seriously people.

• Age and Love is way diffferent

Age is something that doesn't affect love and love is when you have a feeling of not caring about age sex looks their past who they are or whatever, Love who you want guys even if they are 70 years older than you love is love, Why care for others? Love is beautiful

• Most of the time?

Take your age, and divide by two, then add 7.

That's lowest age you can date. So must of the time it's not big deal, till it's like a 13 year old and a 15 year old dating. Or a 14 year old and a 16 year old.

Otherwise, who cares?

• Stick to the seven years rule

It really depends on how old you are. Especially if you are young, sticking to someone in the same /stage of life/ is probably best so that you can relate to them and will not be taken advantage of. I'd say in high school, stick to 2 years younger/older, and after that, it all depends. But the seven years rule is this: double you age and subtract seven. That would be a guideline of the oldest you should date. (ie an 18 year old --> 18x2= 36. 36-7=29. So the oldest this person should date is 29).

• 2 years isn't that much.

It's really not a big age difference. My neighbor is 11 years older than her husband. They have a very good marriage. I consider myself way too young to date, but maybe when I'm 16 I'll fall in love with an 18 year old. That's perfectly fine. La la la

• No,It isn't ok.

I believe it is just plain out weird for a guy. A girl can do it,but for guys it is weird. Maybe a few days older,but not a few years older.Because your a girl,it isn't weird, but for guys it doesn't make since.I'm sorry,but it doesn't.

Blah blah blah blah.

• This sounds like a young kid's question

If you are less then 18, you're a relative baby in the dating world. You'll see what I'm talking about later if you don't now. Age difference gets less important as you grow older because the big dating inhibitor is not attraction, but what stage you are at in your life. Life changes faster the younger you are.

When I was 16, a fourteen year old was definitely too young. When I was 17 a 15 year old was really stretching it but if she was mature, I guess it might work. When I was 18, then 16 was the minimum but none of them were able to talk me into it. I was going off to college soon so I stopped dating seriously to avoid heartbreak, then fell in love with a girl and dated anyway haha.

Once you get older then that most people tend to be forming their own standards of living, and you no longer have to ask the question.

• If you have to ask

It's hell no. If my 12 year old posted this, I'd kill him. Hey, i found your picture online.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Pervs