Is it okay for parents to purchase war toys for their kids?

• Yes yes yes yes

Because i have fun yes yes yes yes yes ye sye syeb syeys ye dy ey sye ys eysvye yw ey wuevbp;p;p;p;p;fjbrfgjbfbjfjkbjkfbjnkn cf f f f f f f f f f f fu u u u u u u u u u u u uu n n n n n

• Yes yes yes yes

• Lol lol lol

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
    THIS WAS ALL BROUGHT BY MAURICIO C THAT LIKES TO SAY LOL AND TO SOPPURT KIDS WITH WEAPONS.LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• Lol lol lol

• Lol lol lol

• Lol lol lol

• I think they are good and entertaining for little kids and some teenagers all the way til they are older

Thy always stay with kids for memories so they can remember their parents through the toughest times they go through. So I think they are really good for kids no matter how old or how they get hurt. Kids love them and they are also very good decorations... So that is why i think they are good.

• War toys are totally not dangerous

Every toys is tested to meet expected standards and are tested for safety. War toys are tested along with every other toy so why are they accused for being dangerous. War toys actually teach children a lot of things like one being the difference of playing and reality. These toys are plastic, so they are FAKE. How can they possibly be dangerous?

• I think it's OK

When I was younger I had a water gun and so did all my friends.The boys in my class all had nerf guns and they were obsessed. We all knew about war and how our toys were totally different from the real ones. On one hand we were more used to seeing weapons and things like that but if we were handed a real one every single one of us would know strait away that we shouldn't shoot.

• War toys are awesome!

Blaming actual violence on war toys is really the lazy parents way of skirting their own responsibility for teaching their child right from wrong. How about we start allowing boys to act like boys instead of some weird, androgynous, fantasy that fem-nazis have for men? And also, video games that have violence in them can't all be grouped together. Yes, some games are not appropriate for children, but that does mean that games with guns are all created equal.

• Absolutely NOT okay at all, teaches violence

It is so upsetting to me that many parents let their kids play with war such as war toys, war video games, and watch war TV and films starting at especially very young ages. For a worst case example, there is this grotesquely popular anti-Star Trek sci-fi gaming franchise called Halo and despite this being rated M for mature for ages 17 and up. Sadly however, many parents let their kids play this ghastly deep space military game as very young ages like only 7 years old. Furthermore, Halo toys are rated for only ages 8 and up. Star Trek is a far better thing to show to children than Halo since it often teaches alternatives to violence. War Toys like G.I. Joe and War games like Halo teach that the best way to solve conflicts is always through violence and teaches boys how to hate and beat up on effeminate boys for example. The U.S> Army has used Halo X Box events to recruit youth to fight and die for the MIC.

• No it's not OK at all

This is not OK because it could encourage children to play with real guns. Or they could pick up a real gun and think it's fake and really hurt someone. And if they play with guns or weapon toys they might pretend to hurt someone and then think it's play if they actually DO hurt someone.

Posted by: upch
  • It could turn out badly.

I think it would be bad because some kids are violently crazy and their parents wouldn't care at all.So I think that it is not OK to give kids fake guns or fake swords because they could grow up and could kill someone and then go to jail. So don't give little kids guns(even if they are fake).

• Parents should not buy war toys.

Parents should not buy war toys for their children because children can get toy guns mistaken with real guns. Plus little kids can bring toy guns to kindergarten and mistake them with real ones, pretend to shoot and they can shoot little kids with real ones and they will be dead.

• Giving children war toys is lazy and irresponsible parenting

The arguments that war toys help children to "let off steam", stimulates their imagination, and teach them to problem-solve are ridiculous and dangerous... there are healthy and ethical activities that allow children to use their energy, such as, riding bikes or skating, swimming, climbing trees, team sports, dancing, acting... these activities will also increase their spacial intelligence, improve balance and coordination, strengthen their bodies... want your child to learn problem solving solving? give them construction toys like meccano's "build and play" go on instructables website and find projects to build.. reading books, encouraging them to write their own stories, making art, learning to play music instruments, these are activities that will nurture their imagination as well as science experiments.. There is plenty of violence around, it's impossible to shield it but we can discuss issues around violence with our kids at appropriate times. WHY encourage more violence in your own home? War is not a biological human need, it's been scientifically proven. Teach yourselves and your kids about human rights and empathy.

• Killing is not a game

War toys teach that pretend-war is harmless and acceptable, and therefor that real war is, too. Parents who would not let their children "play" rape and sexual assault games (one hopes) turn a benevolent eye on preparing their children to kill or be killed. It hardly seems in line with the other things we try to teach children about good, healthy human behavior: violence is wrong. Might does not make right. Killing is wrong. Use your words, not your fists. War toys give children the idea that violence is sanctioned by the adults around them, as there is an industry making these toys, so "it must be okay". Children exposed to war, living under the threat of violence daily, are something to be taken seriously. Money spent on war toys would be far better spent if it were donated to organizations that help the victims of war and which promote world peace.

• Current toys and video games are creating a more hostile play environment.

While parents can purchase whatever toys they want for their children, I think a little forethought would be worthwhile to consider the kind of play that will ensue.

Posted by: WomanlyArnulfo99
  • I don't think children should play with war toys, due to their violent nature.

No, I don't think children should play with war toys, or any violent toy/video game, because the child could grow up thinking that it's alright to act the way they do in the games/with the toys, when it's not.

Posted by: NollBad
  • Hi there world

I like pie, and now i am just typing enouf words so their website will make me post this . A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Hi there world