Is it okay for parents to purchase war toys for their kids?

• You Do You, boo

I know the people on the debate team will be reading this ... So I'm just going to leave this here. Just ignore me .I should be working on my case but I'm too lazy so now I'm here . What have I done with my life? Good job ,though.

• F f f

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a

• F f f

• Why are you so worried?!

I know why some parents think it's dangerous because of real world. But it is okay because first of all, it's just HARMLESS TOYS! Second of all, kids barely do anything bad due to war toys. The majority of things kids who played with war toys do is shoot finger guns which are totally harmless

• Why is this such a big deal?

I mean, i can understand if some parents will not allow kids to do this, but really?!It doesn't mean that it can make war o.K. In kids minds, so why are all of you guys worried?The world needs better more mature kids, and this helps support this.Im currently doing a project on should we teach kids about the holocaust, and my answer is the same for this: its fine, we just need to do this at a surtan age and make sure that they are mature enough to handle this.

• Lol lol lol

I like chicken wings LOL LOL LOL LOL . . . ; LOL L L L L L L L L L L L L L L LL L L L L L L L L I am stupid , Chicken wings fly in the air like weird fat elephants.

• Lol lol lol

• Lol lol lol

• I think it is ok to get toy guns for kids

Why go crazy over a toy gun like a Nerf gun with foam darts not like you have to get them air soft or something that actually hurts like rubber band guns just harmless Nerf guns and water guns that can have kids having fun with guns, Thank You :)

• It has been proven

There are plenty of psychology studies that have demonstrated that there is no correlation between the type of toy and violent behaviour. Our generation has become so desensitized from war behaviour, war history, and war violence that it would be ridiculous to take away one of the only things that teaches our generation about how the world can be. If your kid wants to grow up to be a dr than you buy them one of those little tikes doctors kits.. What if they want to be a soldier? You're just not going to allow them to learn about war? One of the best ways to teach children is through play. I was taught as a kid that playing with toy guns was perfectly fine... There were rules about how I was supposed to treat it like a more serious toy, and I wasn't allowed to point it at anyone. If anything it was a good lesson on respect, not a way to teach me violence or subject me to being a violent human.

• Absolutely NOT okay at all, teaches violence

It is so upsetting to me that many parents let their kids play with war such as war toys, war video games, and watch war TV and films starting at especially very young ages. For a worst case example, there is this grotesquely popular anti-Star Trek sci-fi gaming franchise called Halo and despite this being rated M for mature for ages 17 and up. Sadly however, many parents let their kids play this ghastly deep space military game as very young ages like only 7 years old. Furthermore, Halo toys are rated for only ages 8 and up. Star Trek is a far better thing to show to children than Halo since it often teaches alternatives to violence. War Toys like G.I. Joe and War games like Halo teach that the best way to solve conflicts is always through violence and teaches boys how to hate and beat up on effeminate boys for example. The U.S> Army has used Halo X Box events to recruit youth to fight and die for the MIC.

• No it's not OK at all

This is not OK because it could encourage children to play with real guns. Or they could pick up a real gun and think it's fake and really hurt someone. And if they play with guns or weapon toys they might pretend to hurt someone and then think it's play if they actually DO hurt someone.

Posted by: upch
  • It could turn out badly.

I think it would be bad because some kids are violently crazy and their parents wouldn't care at all.So I think that it is not OK to give kids fake guns or fake swords because they could grow up and could kill someone and then go to jail. So don't give little kids guns(even if they are fake).

• Parents should not buy war toys.

Parents should not buy war toys for their children because children can get toy guns mistaken with real guns. Plus little kids can bring toy guns to kindergarten and mistake them with real ones, pretend to shoot and they can shoot little kids with real ones and they will be dead.

• Giving children war toys is lazy and irresponsible parenting

The arguments that war toys help children to "let off steam", stimulates their imagination, and teach them to problem-solve are ridiculous and dangerous... there are healthy and ethical activities that allow children to use their energy, such as, riding bikes or skating, swimming, climbing trees, team sports, dancing, acting... these activities will also increase their spacial intelligence, improve balance and coordination, strengthen their bodies... want your child to learn problem solving solving? give them construction toys like meccano's "build and play" go on instructables website and find projects to build.. reading books, encouraging them to write their own stories, making art, learning to play music instruments, these are activities that will nurture their imagination as well as science experiments.. There is plenty of violence around, it's impossible to shield it but we can discuss issues around violence with our kids at appropriate times. WHY encourage more violence in your own home? War is not a biological human need, it's been scientifically proven. Teach yourselves and your kids about human rights and empathy.

• Killing is not a game

War toys teach that pretend-war is harmless and acceptable, and therefor that real war is, too. Parents who would not let their children "play" rape and sexual assault games (one hopes) turn a benevolent eye on preparing their children to kill or be killed. It hardly seems in line with the other things we try to teach children about good, healthy human behavior: violence is wrong. Might does not make right. Killing is wrong. Use your words, not your fists. War toys give children the idea that violence is sanctioned by the adults around them, as there is an industry making these toys, so "it must be okay". Children exposed to war, living under the threat of violence daily, are something to be taken seriously. Money spent on war toys would be far better spent if it were donated to organizations that help the victims of war and which promote world peace.

• Current toys and video games are creating a more hostile play environment.

While parents can purchase whatever toys they want for their children, I think a little forethought would be worthwhile to consider the kind of play that will ensue.

Posted by: WomanlyArnulfo99
  • I don't think children should play with war toys, due to their violent nature.

No, I don't think children should play with war toys, or any violent toy/video game, because the child could grow up thinking that it's alright to act the way they do in the games/with the toys, when it's not.

Posted by: NollBad
  • War toys leads to violence.

Through toys children experiment, explore, express and discover themselves.…the impact of playing with toy guns and war toys increases minor antisocial behavior like hitting, kicking, hair-pulling and teasing.
    Children's television programming is often no more than one big advertisement for toys.
    There are many creative, peaceful toys that will stretch your children's imaginations while giving them hours of fun.
    As many children like watching action movies, they are inclined to act like the movie characters, fighting or using guns. They are appealed by many toy guns and war toys that are very similar to real weapons. However, many parents prohibit their children from playing with toy guns as they think weapon toys are dangerous and violent. I agree with them, and I believe that war toys can cause children to be injured and endangered.
    To begin with, despite claims from toy companies that war toys are not dangerous, many children are injured every year due to toy guns. Although the weapon toys like toy guns are made to be much less powerful than real guns, when they are shot in a short distance, they still can caused injuries. Children are sometimes very careless, and maybe accidentally harm themselves or their friends while playing with toy guns.

Secondly, mistaking toy guns and war toys as real weapons is very dangerous. As many toy guns are designed to be similar to real guns except they have smaller sizes, police can mistake a boy playing with toy guns as an armed person, and unexpectedly hurt the boy. Similarly, a child can mistake a real gun in his house as a toy, and play with the real gun. Consequently, he can accidentally kill himself or injure others while playing.

Finally, gun and weapon toys may provoke children's violence, and give them chance to act violently. Weapon toys badly give children opportunities to act similarly to characters in action movies. Many children may want to behave as villains, using toy guns to threaten their friends.

For all the reasons above, I believe that children should not be allowed to play with toy guns and other weapon toys alike. Guns and weapons are all able to cause children to be injured, regardless of whether they are real or not.

• Hi there world

I like pie, and now i am just typing enouf words so their website will make me post this . A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a