• Of course, yes.

Why would it not be okay to mock atheism? The atheist thinks it okay to mock belief in God, a positive belief in an all good supreme being. If that is okay, how is it then not okay to mock what is claimed to be either no belief at all, or a negative belief, that is, the belief that a being is not? How does the atheist take offense at having their god (Atheism) mocked?

• Good for the goose...

...Good for the gander. Atheists of all stripes make a hobby out of insulting religion. There are a lot of standup comedians who base their whole careers out of bashing religion. Left-wing professors get to make entire university courses out of it. Seth McFarlane created a cartoon money machine out of it. I could go on and on. Christians may not like it, but I the general consensus is the atheists have the right to make fun of religion as free speech. If so, then Christians (or other religious folks) should have every right to return the favor.

Posted by: SM29
  • Like religion, it is only an idea.

Beliefs themselves do not merit automatic respect and deference. Humans certainly deserve some basic level of respect and respectful treatment, but beliefs aren't people. We should be polite and respectful towards the person, but we are justified in being harsh and critical of a person's claims. However much a person might take such criticism personally, we must separate ourselves from our beliefs. An attack on one shouldn't be treated as an attack on the other. If a belief or idea is to be respected, it must earn that respect.

• So long as it's truly humour

If the objective is to laugh and no serious transgression is intended, I see no harm. However, just as with any topic, there is a thin line between insulting / bullying behavior and having a laugh.

Tread the line carefully thoughtfully and all will be fine, as with any topic!

• All ideas are subject to ridicule

Not one ideology is perfect and cannot be criticized. Although I agree with atheism, there is no reason to not make fun of it. Heck, I think a lot of highly anti-religion atheists are stupid. Both atheism and religion can be made fun of, because if only one could be made fun of, it would be highly unfair.

• If it's okay to make fun of religion, then it should be just as acceptable to make fun of atheism.

I don't make fun of atheism because I see it as unnecessary. However, I see many people say it's okay to make fun of religion which I think it true, BUT I think if it's okay to make fun of religion, I should have the right to make fun of atheism. I think it sound fair right?

• You can make fun of anything you want

If someone wants to make fun of something they can. There shouldn't be any thing stopping people. If you want to make fun of atheists, do it. In the United States, there is nothing stopping you, and there shouldn't be anything stopping you. Yes, people may not like what you are doing, but you still have every right to make fun of atheists.

• If its okay to make fun of any one else.

If they make fun of people then its fine, it helps if it is funny but that is besides the point, you can't say that it's bad to make fun of theist but not athiest. It silly to expect special privlages and most don't. So make make your jabs boys.

• Equality is Equality

If your opinion exists it can be mocked. That is a fact of life. Your "feelz" do not exclude you from mockery. If you have such "feelz" issues you should leave a movement founded on scientific principals and calm rational thinking. If you are offended by this statement then you have lost any sense of clear perceptions and a calm mind.

• Of course it is

It's okay to make fun of ANYTHING, what matter is context, a comedian can make fun of ANYTHING, atheism, christianity, hitler, 9/11, titanic, murder, genocide, rape, it's okay to make fun of ANYTHING as long as the context is appropriate, context being comedy and comedians can make anything sound hilarious

• Respect all belives .

I am Muslim and I am against Athesim but that does not means to disrespect and harm those people . You should respect every belief . Those people lost faith in religion . If we treat them in a good way they may relize that they are wrong . Thanks .

• By all means go for it

Freedom of speech means that although there are some things one ought not to say, there is nothing one should not be allowed to say. So yes, by all means mock atheism if you feel it is appropriate, but from my perspective, you're just making yourself look stupid and ignorant.

• Mocking atheists, not atheism

Go ahead and mock atheists, but don't mock atheism. ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​

• Respect and Evidence

Respect atheists opinions.

Also, their is no evidence for religion (besides a 2000 year old book in another language) but is for atheism.

A respectful argument is okay by both sides. But flat out insulting a theory is hypocritical and against many religions ideas anyway.

But yes, some atheists go to far.

• Respect and Evidence

Respect atheists opinions.

But yes, some atheists go to far.

• All ideas are important.

Beliefs themselves merit automatic respect and deference. Humans certainly deserve some basic level of respect and respectful treatment, and beliefs are important aspects of people. It is impossible to separate a person from a belief. Just impossible, people. Can't be done. You can't do it. Nobody can. It's not a thing.

• Atheism and theism

Should not be mocked. Religions like Buddhism and Christianity, sure. But just plain atheism, and just plain theism are individual beliefs, and that makes them harder to mock and less worth mocking. Atheists and theists often have other beliefs that can be mocked, but atheism and theism cannot be mocked. It is perfectly fair to mock religion and not atheism, because atheism is the opposite of theism, not religion.

• Atheism is a lack of theism

Being the simple lack of something, atheist does not have much fuel for being made fun of.​ ​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​​ ​​ ​​

• You should respect everyone's belief.

Making fun of atheism is like making fun of any other religion, whether its Christianity, Judaism, Islam (etc.) You can't make fun of other people's beliefs even if you agree with them or not. Someone mocking an atheist would be like someone mocking a Muslim. No, I'm not an atheist myself, but that doesn't mean I don't respect others beliefs.

• It's not right to make fun of people due to their belefs

It's just the same as bullying, you should not make fun of people due to their belefes. Only do things to others if you are fine with someone doing it to you, and regarding that most people don't like being picked on, don't do it, even if they did it to you, it dose not make you any better then them

Vox_Veritas says2016-09-04T23:54:25.473
Either it's okay to make fun of both religion and atheism or it isn't okay to make fun of either.
Vox_Veritas says2016-09-04T23:54:36.253
Skeptical1 says2016-09-05T23:02:47.607
One hint: if you want to mock atheist beliefs, try finding out what they are first. Maybe actually read some Darwin, Russell, Sagan, Dawkins, Hitchens or Harris for yourself instead of believing what Ken Ham or your local parish minister tells you they say. Then you'll actually be thinking for yourself.
Vox_Veritas says2016-09-06T16:04:56.617
Fair enough. If you want to mock religious beliefs, first find out what religious people actually believe instead of cherrypicking from religious texts and taking verses way out of context.
Skeptical1 says2016-09-06T21:16:43.107
That's fine - except you'll find that a great many atheists were actually of a religious persuasion at one time another, and thus have done their homework. When theists accuse them of "cherry-picking", they generally are covering the fact that it is they who "cherry-pick" which bits of their sacred texts they do and don't wish to believe.