• Of course, yes.

Why would it not be okay to mock atheism? The atheist thinks it okay to mock belief in God, a positive belief in an all good supreme being. If that is okay, how is it then not okay to mock what is claimed to be either no belief at all, or a negative belief, that is, the belief that a being is not? How does the atheist take offense at having their god (Atheism) mocked?

• Good for the goose...

...Good for the gander. Atheists of all stripes make a hobby out of insulting religion. There are a lot of standup comedians who base their whole careers out of bashing religion. Left-wing professors get to make entire university courses out of it. Seth McFarlane created a cartoon money machine out of it. I could go on and on. Christians may not like it, but I the general consensus is the atheists have the right to make fun of religion as free speech. If so, then Christians (or other religious folks) should have every right to return the favor.

Posted by: SM29
  • Like religion, it is only an idea.

Beliefs themselves do not merit automatic respect and deference. Humans certainly deserve some basic level of respect and respectful treatment, but beliefs aren't people. We should be polite and respectful towards the person, but we are justified in being harsh and critical of a person's claims. However much a person might take such criticism personally, we must separate ourselves from our beliefs. An attack on one shouldn't be treated as an attack on the other. If a belief or idea is to be respected, it must earn that respect.

• So long as it's truly humour

If the objective is to laugh and no serious transgression is intended, I see no harm. However, just as with any topic, there is a thin line between insulting / bullying behavior and having a laugh.

Tread the line carefully thoughtfully and all will be fine, as with any topic!

• All ideas are subject to ridicule

Not one ideology is perfect and cannot be criticized. Although I agree with atheism, there is no reason to not make fun of it. Heck, I think a lot of highly anti-religion atheists are stupid. Both atheism and religion can be made fun of, because if only one could be made fun of, it would be highly unfair.

• If it's okay to make fun of religion, then it should be just as acceptable to make fun of atheism.

I don't make fun of atheism because I see it as unnecessary. However, I see many people say it's okay to make fun of religion which I think it true, BUT I think if it's okay to make fun of religion, I should have the right to make fun of atheism. I think it sound fair right?

• If its okay to make fun of any one else.

If they make fun of people then its fine, it helps if it is funny but that is besides the point, you can't say that it's bad to make fun of theist but not athiest. It silly to expect special privlages and most don't. So make make your jabs boys.

• Equality is Equality

If your opinion exists it can be mocked. That is a fact of life. Your "feelz" do not exclude you from mockery. If you have such "feelz" issues you should leave a movement founded on scientific principals and calm rational thinking. If you are offended by this statement then you have lost any sense of clear perceptions and a calm mind.

• Of course it is

It's okay to make fun of ANYTHING, what matter is context, a comedian can make fun of ANYTHING, atheism, christianity, hitler, 9/11, titanic, murder, genocide, rape, it's okay to make fun of ANYTHING as long as the context is appropriate, context being comedy and comedians can make anything sound hilarious

• Respect and Laugh

I think one should try to respect all, or at the very least most beliefs. As we all have heard that one belief someone holds (whether religious, political, or personal) that we just disagree and despise with a passion. However, while you should generally respect most beliefs that doesn't mean that you shouldn't make fun of it. I've made fun of opposing beliefs that I find ridiculous, baffling, or perhaps I just dislike the concept. It's okay to make fun of atheism along with christianity, islam, satanism and democrats and republicans.

• Respect all belives .

I am Muslim and I am against Athesim but that does not means to disrespect and harm those people . You should respect every belief . Those people lost faith in religion . If we treat them in a good way they may relize that they are wrong . Thanks .

• By all means go for it

Freedom of speech means that although there are some things one ought not to say, there is nothing one should not be allowed to say. So yes, by all means mock atheism if you feel it is appropriate, but from my perspective, you're just making yourself look stupid and ignorant.

• Mocking atheists, not atheism

Go ahead and mock atheists, but don't mock atheism. ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​ ​ ​​ ​ ​

• Respect and Evidence

Respect atheists opinions.

Also, their is no evidence for religion (besides a 2000 year old book in another language) but is for atheism.

A respectful argument is okay by both sides. But flat out insulting a theory is hypocritical and against many religions ideas anyway.

But yes, some atheists go to far.

• Respect and Evidence

Respect atheists opinions.

But yes, some atheists go to far.

• All ideas are important.

Beliefs themselves merit automatic respect and deference. Humans certainly deserve some basic level of respect and respectful treatment, and beliefs are important aspects of people. It is impossible to separate a person from a belief. Just impossible, people. Can't be done. You can't do it. Nobody can. It's not a thing.

• Don't make fun of any belief

Simple as that, no one should make fun of atheists, and atheists shouldn't make fun of any other religion. You can disagree with the other beleif, but you don't need to make fun of it. It just isn't nice to make fun of someone else. Would you like it if someone made fun of your belief?

• Anyone of Any Religion Can Believe What They Want

I'm a Catholic and believe in Christianity. However, I am completely respectful that many people disagree with the belief of a God. While I don't support it and am against atheism itself, I don't believe we should mock people for having those ideas.

Believing in God is a very big and difficult thing especially when there are many religions fighting over who is right. People get confused and believe maybe there isn't a God. We should respect that they have that belief.

I believe their beliefs are wrong but that's no excuse to make their life a pain just for what they believe in. However, it p*sses me off when they try and get in the way of my beliefs and anyone else's. No one should mock people because of their beliefs - whether they're Jewish, Atheist, Muslim etc.

• Can we all just stop making fun of each other?

Is it okay to make fun of Christians? No. I consider myself to be agnostic. Long story short, it just means "don't know, don't care". But I respect other people's religions even if I do not agree or believe in them myself. Do not make fun of Christians, Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.. Try to understand, and accept them.

• Looking for a moral answer?

Is it "okay" to "make fun" of atheism?

Well, it's not nice to make fun of any beliefs. Atheism builds character just like theism does. You are what you believe and know. Making fun of a person just for sport is really not a nice thing to do. But people do it anyway because we're still a primitive civilization no bigger than a speck on a timeline. We are children and that's what children do.

Atheists make fun of me all the time, but I forgive them because they can't understand me.

Vox_Veritas says2016-09-04T23:54:25.473
Either it's okay to make fun of both religion and atheism or it isn't okay to make fun of either.
Vox_Veritas says2016-09-04T23:54:36.253
Skeptical1 says2016-09-05T23:02:47.607
One hint: if you want to mock atheist beliefs, try finding out what they are first. Maybe actually read some Darwin, Russell, Sagan, Dawkins, Hitchens or Harris for yourself instead of believing what Ken Ham or your local parish minister tells you they say. Then you'll actually be thinking for yourself.
Vox_Veritas says2016-09-06T16:04:56.617
Fair enough. If you want to mock religious beliefs, first find out what religious people actually believe instead of cherrypicking from religious texts and taking verses way out of context.
Skeptical1 says2016-09-06T21:16:43.107
That's fine - except you'll find that a great many atheists were actually of a religious persuasion at one time another, and thus have done their homework. When theists accuse them of "cherry-picking", they generally are covering the fact that it is they who "cherry-pick" which bits of their sacred texts they do and don't wish to believe.