Is it okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods?

• Yes, they can make improvements.

Yes, it is okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods, because we can improve upon the nutritional content and even the safety of foods. If it can improve our quality of life, by all means, animal modification is something that we should explore. It might even improve life for the animals.

• Yes. I believe it is okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods.

Yes. I believe it is okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods, because I believe that any method that can safely to increase the quality of human life should be exercised. We wear, and we eat animals. So why would modifying animals to make new medicines and foods be a problem.

• Yes it is.

It is okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods. In order to evolve as a race, we need to be able to eradicate all of the terminal diseases that humans can get. The most effective way to do this is to modify animals to make new medicines.

• It is okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods.

We have already modified animals by breeding and domesticating them. When people first started to domesticate animals they were much different. There is nothing wrong with cultivating animals for our needs. Animals eat each other, and it is natural for humans to eat animals, and use them in other ways, also.

• Animals are not objects for us to modify and "perfect".

Animals aren't objects! When we modify them (this does include breeding specifically for looks and "weeding out", aka culling, the 'ugly' ones), we are treating them like trinkets belonging to us that we can add to so they fit our taste. NONONO I do not agree with this. Animals are not adjustable novelties. They are living, breathing, feeling beings just like we are, and were created by God, who likes them JUST THE WAY THEY ARE.

• It is not okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods.

It is not okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods. Animals should not be treated like objects just so that women can feel better about their looks. If most women knew that their makeup was tested on a rat, would they continue to smear it on their faces?

• That Could Mean Anything

I do not believe it is okay to modify animals to make new medicines and foods. I get that this could be helpful, but this is so general and unspecific that it could mean a plethora of things. We modified dogs and created many different types and I don't believe anyone really has any concern over this, but making new medicines and foods from modified animals sounds like a completely new idea.

• No Animal Testing

There should be no tampering with animals to make new medicines and foods. The labeling on foods that state no animal was used for testing is a testament of the humane policies of companies for the well-being of the fellow inhabitants of the planet. The planet should be equally shared.