• Not Just Possible, but Obvious

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things." Romans 1:18-23

• It may be Possible:

Until someone can conclusively prove god/s do not exist people will continue to believe in them.

The whole point of Faith is believing in something without proof.

So long as people don't try to force me to share their beliefs, I have no problem with what they choose to believe.

Personally I don't believe in god, I accept the possibility one may exist but I will not pretend to believe in something. I will live my life the best I can and if god exists and if god is as good as the faithful believe, I could go to heaven/hell or simply die I don't know for certain and am in no rush to find out.

• Yes it is and my arguement is posted below.

Ok lets get started.
    For an arguement you need something certain so lets look at the work of plato. (you can look this up)
    He set fourth that the only thing that is certainis that we exist. Since we exist we can build from that.
    I build first that since we exist that we first must be made. But what from? I awnser this with for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For an improfection there first must be a profection. Since the big bang has none it is out so therefore there is some kind of profection.
    A god is a supreme being. But the greeks created thier gods in the image of themselves which means another improfection.
    That eliminates polytheism. So we are left with monotheism. In cristianity it is impossible for a person to earn salvation, the only way that a person can get to heaven is through Jesus Christ. When jesus dies on the cross he eliminated sin from the equasion and therefore making us pure. The jewish faith doesn't have that so therefore the equasion is incomplete eliminating it. Since islam has an incomplete equasion as well it is eliminated. So we are left with christianity being the last variable but now that i exist i must prove that he exists. But with this i have established that christianity is the only possible faith/religion
    The equasion looks like this:
    God and purity are positive while creation and sin are negative. God washed away our sin so they cancel each other out. Creation and purity cancel each other out and so we have a valid equasion without extra variables. There is no other way for a proper equasion to be unless nothing = nothing which leaves out the variable that we exist and so finally we can reach a logical conclusion that god does indeed exist.
    BTW: the big bang could still have been created by god.

Conclusion: God is a proper variable therefore he exists.

• It is not just possible, but a necessity.

1.What ever begins to exist has a cause.
    -from nothing nothing comes. Quite simple

2.The universe began to exist...
    -if the universe exists for an infinite amount of time, to get to any future moment in time one would need to traverse infinite time. To complete infinite anything is an impossibility. So the universe began at some point.

3.The universe began to exist...
    -what we draw from the above points is that the universe needs to be caused by something, the cause needs to be un-caused and needs to exist outside of time. This cause would need to be all powerful because without such a quality he/she/it would not be able to create anything because there would be no material to create from. It would also need to be a personal cause. Due to the fact that an inanimate object outside of time could do anything, it would be static and frozen. This object needs to be able to choose to do things.

If there are any objections to the argument, feel free to debate me. I would be happy to destroy an atheist is a philosophical debate.

• Possible, not necessarily likely

The possibility of god is definitely there. I mean there's really no way at the present time to disprove god (at least, not yet, but then again, there may never be) but just because there's no way to DISPROVE him, doesn't mean that's proof of him. There just really isn't any way to tell, which makes it possible for there to be a god, just maybe not necessarily likely.

• God is not Dead.

A recent campaign in support of Yahweh has shown many that God does exist: however, there is more to this story. If science' theories were true, then the universe would have always existed, but that cannot be true. The universe can into existence in a split second, much like the big bang theory. The big bang can't happen until there is a force to set it off, such as God. Therefore, God is even justified by science.

• How can something be built from nothing?

Think of a book. Have the letters, words, sentences, paragraphs all been randomly organized and just happen to make sense? Obviously not so I'm not saying god continues to control what is currently happening bit he must have started the universe at some point because he exists outside of his creation. From after the starting point that is where science comes in because we are simply observing and defining the laws of nature god has set. Life still could have been created without god but god must have been there before there was something and that something must have led to everything else that came to be.

• Yes, I believe it is able for a God to exist.

The definition of God is, "A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes." It does not say that this God is the one represented in Christianity. I see that most of you seemed to comment upon this as if we were specifically talking about Christianity, or any other religion that relates to the same ways of life being created.
    Though, in the definition it states that a God is a superHUMAN who is worshipped, and that has power over human nature. A god can be a person in your daily. For some people, a God is a place. Or love. God is something that impacts you on a daily basis.
    Despite the fact that everyones definition of God is different, that is just my logic.

• Notice the question.

A god may exist, but that doesn't mean it's your God, we don't know much on this issue. God may exist he may not, but what I know is: it is definitely not the Abahmic God because that God has been responsible for contradictions; however, it is possible for the Sikh God to exist.

• Contradictions are not possible.

The definition of God as an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent being is riddled with self-contradiction. When you combine an unbounded set with self-referentiality, the result is always a paradox. It's an unavoidable fact about the nature of coherent beings, and the panoply of God paradoxes such as the Problem of Evil, the Paradox of the Stone, the Prediction Paradox, and so on and so forth only demonstrates that it is truly impossible for a God to exist. And to all who will fiddle with semantics and try to tweak the definitions to dodge these claims, I have three simple questions:

1: Can God create a stone so heavy He cannot lift it?

2: Must God always do what He knows He will do?

3: What motive could there be to allow evil?

• Faith is not a standard for god's existence

Faith is asserting something without evidence. Faith is just the product of an individuals brain trying to understand the world and making unfounded claims and god is included in that scheme. Science relies on empirical evidence and therefore is reliable. If god exists, he did a pretty bad job proving his existence when he could have made it a lot easier.

• No evidence. Just a wishful thinking.

1. Faith is not an evidence for God's existence. It is absence of reason. Anything can be explained using faith without actually explaining anything.
    John: I believe in one personal God because I have faith.
    Peter: I believe in many Gods because I have faith
    -So, if faith is an evidence. Which of the two could be true. Faith is not an evidence that there is God, it is simply an evidence that you believe in God.

2. THe Bible.. This not accurate. There is no way we can prove that those people who wrote the bible were actually guided by God.

"God is true because the Bible says so.
    The Bible is true because GOd said it. (circular reasoning)

God exists. Evidence= Universe
    there is only one way that the Universe can be created= GOd made the universe. (circular reasoning)

Do not offer evidence that cannot be verified. Because if you do that, you're just making excuses.

• Nope not at all

I'm sure all religions have their fair share of a high being, but otherwise there really is no proof to explain the existence of said deity. Stuff like this is just embedded in the minds of wishful thinkers. However, unlike God, there is direct historical evidence to prove the existence of Jesus. Other than that, the bible is just a fairy tale for the religious gurus.

• Is not possible.

To make things clear, I will use common definitions to define what a god would be.

God: a supernatural being, who is worshipped as the controller of some part of the universe or some aspect of life in the world or is the personification of some force related adjective divine

Supernatural: of, pertaining to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.

Everything that exists fits within the laws of nature. Often times, some things are not explained by natural law but that does not mean that they are above or beyond natural laws, just that not all natural laws may not be know at the time.
    Because of this, the supernatural does not exist therefore a supernatural being e.g. god, can not exist.

Example: Some Christians claim that their god created time, that there god is somehow outside time. This is illogical because without the passing of time, nothing can change and if nothing can change, nothing can be created. If nothing can be created, that would include time it'self. Time is also an infinite, this means it goes on in both directions forever so nothing can exist outside of time. Though some things may follow a different space/time, they still must exist within some form of space and/or time.

abyteofbrain says2014-09-23T03:22:53.300
Anything is possible.
The-Holy-Macrel says2014-09-23T11:45:33.150
True but since there is an equal and opposite reaction for every action then what incredible force is the equal of the big bang the widely regarded theory?
abyteofbrain says2014-09-24T01:19:28.103
The Big Implosion? Sorry, couldn't help it.
Monii says2014-10-26T09:12:24.850
Nothing is impossible for GOD
FrostBurn says2016-05-04T09:10:28.023
Yes, it is however, it's implausible and un falsifyable, without getting into specifics of one, so there is not much point wasting time thinking about it. However, pretty much every god that has been created by man up to this point, is pretty much impossible to exist. The scriptures/records of them have all been extremely self contradictory, especially the judeau christian god, and in some cases, show utter disregard for biology, showing that the people who wrote it didnt have divine knowlege but were just plebs with no understanding of modern science, like take Noah's ark, you need atleast 50 animals per species to retain genetic diversity, and the "un-clean" species there was only 2 of each, which would result in first generation inbreeding, not to mention if a lion was hungry, all the zebra would go extinct, or similar species, in one go. It's just beyond the point of ridicule frankly that people can believe that. Also, he's all knowing, ever present, omnipotent, but still manages to get betrayed by the first people, which is just... Obviously stupid