Is it possible for an interface to connect emotionally with a user?

• Not right now, but anything's possible

I don't know of any technology currently existing that would allow an interface to have an emotional connection with a user, but artificial intelligence is changing and evolving. Siri can tell jokes and give us directions. We can now control our home environments remotely via Fios, and that's not something people would have considered even 30 years ago, so who knows what kind of interfaces will exist in the future.

• Anything is possible

The way I see it, technology will only continue to advance and get smarter and smart. I do think down the line, there may very well be an interface that has the ability to connect emotionally with the user. It really depends on how serious the user tends to take it.

• Games Are More Sophisticated

I do not believe it is possible for an interface to connect emotionally with a user. I believe emotions are too fleeting for an interface to comprehend them and reflect them. I also believe they are too deeply rooted for an interface to connect emotionally with a user. I for one wouldn't want to use technology that could do this anyway.

• No, technology thus far lacks emotions.

While it may happen in a fictional movie, technology doesn't have any emotions. It's debatable that computers and/or computer programs would ever be able to truly feel emotions. If they do, it could be argued that they are just programmed to respond in a certain way. Certainly at this point, there's no way for an interface to emotionally connect with the person using it.

• Emotions Are Fleeting

I believe emotions are too fleeting for an interface to connect emotionally with a user. I don't see why would need technology to read our emotions anyway. I don't need my phone or tablet to ask me how I'm feeling. While I think it's interesting that the idea was thought, I don't believe it's something I'm interested in.