Is it possible for white Americans to get beyond having to stress the fact that they have a non-racist identity?

• Yes, I believe it's possible for white Americans to get beyond having to stress the fact that they have a non-racist idenity.

I believe the majority of white Americans don't really even think about race on a day to day basis, so I believe that it is very easy for the vast majority of white Americans to get past the fact that they have a non-racist idenity, there will be those that have an issue with it but they are the minority.

• White Americans Identity

I personally think that wrong, as all people should be treated as equals, and there is no one supreme race or inferior race. All people are made of the same body parts, tissues, and organs, and therefore are just as equal and each are as valuable as the next person no matter what race they are.

• Yes It Is

As a white American I do not feel I have to stress the fact that I have a non-racist identity. I openly disapprove of racists comments when they come up, but overall that doesn't happen much up here in Missouri. Living in the south it was a little bit more common and usually came with the explanation that it was all in good fun. To each his own, but that's not how I see it. I don't worry about this on a daily basis. I am who I am and I don't have to prove it to anyone.

• Yes, just show it.

Yes, it is possible. I don't stress it. Just be yourself and be nice to everyone and polite and treat people the same. If people see you and know how you are as a person, then you won't have to stress it at all. As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

• No, this will never happen.

White Americans will never get beyond having to stress that they have a non-racist identity. Racial profiling goes in two directions. Every race is racist to some degree, and practices racial profiling. Racial profiling says a young minority male in a hoodie is suspicious. Racial profiling also says a white American is not capable of being non-racist.