Is it possible to change your sexual orientation?

• If you like big dick you like big dick

If people like to slob big dick, then people going to slob big dick. I could be straight all my life then one day decide... Hey that guy might have a big dick. I want in on that action. At that point in my life I become gay and that would be my choice :/

• Sexuality is a preference if not fetish

If you don't agree, aren't you saying that homosexuals only like each other for their body and appearance and not for personality or feelings?
    I could be a lesbian and like girl's breasts but still fall in love for a guy. And I then also start to sexually like them making me straight...I think?

• Preferences and feelings can be changed

Say you see someone of the same sex your attracted to. You think your gay but you don't want to be. So you decide to deny that attraction by choosing not to act on it. And try to avoid it and focus on other things. If you got the willpower, you can keep this up and eventually you won't have that attraction anymore. Sex is like smoking. Makes you feel good, you want to do it so bad but choose to not act on that desire and eventually you won't want it anymore. Who you are is not determined by your attractions and desires. Who you are is determined whether or not you choose to act on them and how you choose to do it or don't do it.

• I think it might be but I'm not really sure

I'm here because I thought was straight but later on I ended up being attracted to all genders(making me pansexual) .Right off the bat I was attracted to girls and transgender women but my attraction to men felt like it came out of the blue . It seems like most of the side who said no, didn't take bisexuality and pansexuality into consideration .

• It is possible to change your sexual orientation.

It is possible to change your sexual orientation if you want to. For example, many people who are incarcerated experiment with homosexuality. Also, many people evolve in their sexual orientation. Perhaps they were raised in a culture where homosexuality was not permitted, but when they get older and it is more accepted, they decide to come out.

• It's Just A Preference

Any preference can be changed. You can choose to like or dislike anything, but the sort of responsibility this is leads many people to deny this ability. Heredity statistics could just reflect that it's very, very uncommon for people to try to change this. That would also look like heredity, because then you would simply stick with the default sexual orientation that was there at birth. That doesn't mean you can't change from the default. That doesn't mean any particular sexual orientation is wrong either.

• Feelings are not preferential

Feelings are not preferential on who or what they like or adore. It does not matter what the person looks like, acts like, talks like, or what religion they practice; you are drawn to certain people and whether they are the same sex or the opposite sex, they are what they are. I know lots of people who were heterosexual throughout school and then one day were drawn to a person of the same sex. It was not a matter of suppressing these feelings prior, it was just they found that special someone they connected with and now their orientation has changed.

• Not possible at all.

I have studied science for a while now and I can tell you that in a lot of ways attraction is nothing more than a bunch of chemicals. This means that if you are "set" to be attracted to a certain gender then that is who you will be attracted to. In the end someone may say they had but they were most likely never actually attracted to a gender beforehand.

• Not really, no

I know a woman who changed from heterosexual to bisexual, but I'm assuming this is more about hetero/homosexual change. I don't think sexual orientation is a choice- should you choose to be gay, knowing you would be mocked and discriminated against? I'm sure many gay people have wished they were straight at some point. It would be like someone in the 1950s-60s choosing to be black. Why? It would only result in people looking down on you. So why, in a society where many people think homosexuality is "unnatural", would you choose to be a member of the oppressed?

• No.

No it is definitely not possible for sexual orientation to be changed. People do not choose to be straight or gay, it is just their natural attraction to certain genders. You cannot control who you are attracted to so how would you be able to minimize your attractions to a specific gender?

• No, typically it is set early in life.

Genetics plays a role in predisposing some people to be gay or bisexual, and then early experiences in the womb and in childhood -- many of which we do not fully understand -- shape the ultimate direction. People may broaden their horizons and change some of their sexual interests based on their experiences well into adulthood, but for the most part, one's main sexual orientation is basically set in place by adulthood

• No - Not For Real

No, it is not possible to change your sexual orientation. A person may decide to try something different for a while to see if they like it, but it is not possible to make a conscious decision to change your sexual orientation and be successful at it. A homosexual cannot one day decide to become a heterosexual and vice versa. However, once in a while there can be a traumatic or life changing event that could be a catalyst – but the person may have been headed in that direction anyway.