Is it possible to live a moral life without religion?

• Christianity Isn't Religeon, and God is the basis of Morals.

The difference between Christianity and every other faith in the world is that all other religions are about man trying to reach up to God. Christianity is about God reaching down to man.

Religion is a system of beliefs or a code of moral conduct that judges (qualifies or disqualifies) a person based on their adherence and obedience to certain codes, rules, laws, traditions, or the performance of required acts.

From an evolutionary point of view, humans are merely insignificant products of random natural processes. As such, they should have no intrinsic value, merit no moral consideration, and exact no moral obligations from each other. From a naturalistic viewpoint, morality is purely derived from the selfishness of evolution: cooperative and even sacrificial behavior enhances group survival so that the more altruistic individuals are more likely to pass on their genes. As such, we humans are suffering from an exaggerated opinion of our own goodness and “delusions of moral grandeur.” Atheists attempt to fill the void for us, show us we really are significant, justify our moral sense, and supply a naturalistic foundation for morality without God.

(12)For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. (13) For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. (14) For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. (15) They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them (16) on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus. - Romans 2:12-16

Here is a great source for many questions:

https://answersingenesis.Org/answers/

Is the Bible true?
    Is there evidence for creation?
    What does science say about creation?
    Did the Big Bang happen?
    Is God real?
    Is Jesus God?
    Jesus: Liar, Lunitic, Legend, or Lord?

• Life is what you make of it

I believe that everything a person dose is between god and themselves. If conflict is more pervlent as you sit in the benchs of your , church, temple or other places of group worship then perhaps you should listen to your heart. I follow the ten commandments and try to be a good person with out being of a faith group. What i do is between me and god. Things happen for a reason listen to youre heart and go where your ment to be not where people expect you to be.

• Life is what you make it

I was raised in the roman Catholic church , recieved almost all of the sacrements with the exception of last rights. Im divorced now not of my own fault or choice and i have changed as a person from what i was before. With that being said i follow the ten commandment

• Religion is One Way of Achieving Morality

It is easy to point fingers, but the fact of the matter is that evil is everywhere- no one group is responsible for the majority of evil. There are numerous things that one can use to justify one's actions- if someone is going to do something wrong, they will justify their action, and whether that thing is religion or something else it does not matter. Take almost any religion: Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, and so on, and you will see that at the heart of each of them is to love one another. Yes, there are radicals who give religion a bad rep, but if you only look at the outliers you will never understand the group as a whole. While I do agree that it is possible to live a moral life without religion, I also believe that one can live a moral life with it.

• Just the opposite

Most evil in the world is commited in the name if religion, the world would be far better place for everyone if there was no religion for people to use to justify murder, genocide, putting themself above other people, saying people who love each other cant get married, etc. Etc.

• It absolutely is

Living a moral life can be accomplished without a religion guiding decisions, much of morality is a matter of common sense and decency. Religion helps some people find the right path, others it puts on a dark and sinister one. The same can be said for a life without religion, some without faith are awful people, some are the most moral people you'll ever meet.

• Religious no more

I was raised a Catholic, & often had questions of the church-many of which they could not answer. Even so, I continued religious education classes until I was 16. I spent most of my time lying to myself and others, often with a heavy heart. I left home at age 18 and also left the church. It was liberating. I had/have my own beliefs about the Universe, and they do not include a Christian God, or any other god for that matter. And who am I now? Someone who his honest, who gives from their heart, and who upholds JUST laws. That sounds moral to me. It's all about treating people well, following the Golden (or even Silver) rule. You don't need a god. Instead you need positive role models who provide love, support and positive guidance.

• Of course it is

In fact the abolition of religion might make for a better world , as regards morality in religion the followers are rightly called " a flock " because they return to church weekly to get fleeced by one of the greatest con's ever.Morality in religion...Laughable coming from a biblical God responsible for 2.8 million deaths... Thou shalt not kill indeed...

• Religion is the reason we are divided now.

When you say one thing is right you automatically make another thing wrong. When you say something is good you make the opposite not good. What ever happened to just letting things or people be. With all do respect for those who choose to be religious. It is a much more peaceful life to be without religion. Religions go back and forth about who has truth and who does not. God does not limit himself/ herself nor should we.

• Without a doubt.

Living life with full respect to others and being a "good person" depends solely on how you're raised. Humans do not need the promise of an afterlife or eternal punishment to be kind or honest. As a child, your parents are the best way to teach you what is right and what is wrong. Similarly, guiding your children towards what is right has got to be one of the best things you can teach them in life.

• Without God, what is your reason for morality?

For most of history, God has been the only reason anyone does anything. Without God, there is no reason for morality. All laws must have a law maker. What are your moral laws? Who do they come from, if not from God? Why are they in place, if not to please Him? The answer is that without God, the maker of laws, there are no laws. Therefore, morality is literally impossible without God.

• Because that which is esteem by men is abormination insight of God

No matter how good we are we know with us we are still not pure because some sin is still hiding within us like lie lost and fornication, beside without religion there is nothing like moral, it is religion that teaches us with is good and with is evil that my opion

• An individual's own morality is controversial

Even if a country has their own definite set of laws a person can have his/ her views of defining their own morality to define their own actions. However if a person decides his own action by his morality an action like bestiality can be accepted. The country's law can apprehend him. But wouldn't it go against his right of being able to commit an action which he considered as moral?

• Man easily sins

If it were possible for humans to live a moral life, it would have been accomplished long ago. Man's appetites are too easily sent awry by what is seen, what is felt, and what one thinks. Man must have someone to answer to, and living what man considers a moral life, is for nought.

• Collective moral life is possible only with religion

Individual moral life is possible without religion but it is called pragmatism / Sufism. Once a person has to deal in social life he has to convince other people to accepts his/her wrong /right paradigm. Therefore, religion provides a common paradigm of right/wrong who believe them so collective moral life is only possible with religion.

• Absolutely. Morality is defined by religion.

There is no moraliity without religion or God. Religion defines morality. Without religion, there is no right or wrong. Without religion, morality is merely the opininion of the individual. The entire judicial system in the United States was initially established on the moral boundaries established by Judeo / Christian faiths. The conscience itself was given to man as testimony of God's law written in their heart. Without God, even the conscience would not exist.