Is it possible to stop lobbyist influence in Washington?

• Lobbyists are writing the laws.

With lobbyists writing laws and paying politicians to sign them as law,
    They MUST go. I'm all for limited term limits in congress. It is very obvious the games that are played to get around the laws to pay off politicians. We the people need to get our government back for Banks and Drug companies.

• Greed rules the day

Other countries look at us as the beacon of rights, the heroes of freedom, but we are anything but. This election is proving what people have protested since WW2, even before: that the book g business in this s country and unfortunately beyond, are running this country. But if the people collectively protest and rise up and eliminate their leaders, the constitution allows for this,, we can be free of this corruption. We can do this, the political rallies if Trump and Bernie show this country's discontent.

• Stop Lobbyist Suffocation

Special interests and big money are all that are represented by lobbyists - not everyday Americans who can't afford to pay to get their issues aired. Get them out, get Government out of our banking strategies, and give Democracy & Capitalism back to it's original intended benefactors - The Citizens.

• March on Washington

This should be THE single biggest issue with every voter. It is the basis of all corruption in Washington. We the people need to get our heads out of our asses and organize a rally on Congress' doorsteps and demand the lobbyists get the hell out of our capital! Turtles!

• I like turtles.

I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles!

• I like turtles

I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles. I like turtles.

• Stop lobbyist influence

The corruption and corporate influence that lobbyist money brings
    should be taken away completely from the Congress and Senate. The
    influence that it brings serves big business and not the American people who elected their representatives. The fact is, the entire body of Congress and Senators should be impeached and replaced by people of integrity and passion to serve the People of America.

• Lobbyist and the Media

I have not seen any politician admit they have taken money from Lobbyist. Much less the media does not ask them to disclose all the money they have received. That is because the politician uses the ill gained money to buy commercials and turning secular culture would be diastrous for them. An obvious bribe. Wake up America they don't work for us anymore. Demand campaign reform and term limits

• Get rid of the lobbyists!

We need to get rid of the lobbyists - they are for big business and could care less about the people living in this country who are getting raped and pillaged by these big corporations. It's disgusting and something needs to be done. They are creating too much distraction and bias for the congressmen and women who need to make well informed decisions that have nothing to do with what the lobbyists are pushing. Being lobbied for huge money to be given to big business results in a corrupt government which is what I feel we have right now. This is not a democracy anymore but a corporatocracy. It's hard to believe our country has gone this far.

• In what world would it be impossible?

To those who say that it is impossible to put an end to the influence that lobbyists have in Washington, please have more of an open mind. If we, as a people, work collectively, there is no reason that we cannot shut down lobbyist influence. One way or another, through petition, votes, or mass protest, the tens of millions of people who want to see the power of the people come back to them and out of money will make it happen. We just have to be proactive. Do what you can, tell who can, and make a conscious effort to make a change.

• People are greedy

The headline says it all. No one can change human nature. We have left it too late and the lobbyist system is too deeply entrenched like inoperable cancer. It would take a constitutional convention which would be very, very risky since everything could change. We may eventually need to risk that.

• Congress won't vote to end lobbying

Congress likes the money and the attention. Many in Congress know they won't be in Congress as a career, so they need to build opportunities for future employment. It's called the Revolving Door. They go from being a member of Congress to being a lobbyist. And, if lobbyists don't help them win elections through fundraising, members of Congress will exit all the sooner. So, they try to justify their relationships with lobbyists. But, in the end, they owe the lobbyists, not the American people, their loyalty. Sad, but true. And, they won't vote to change it.

• No, you can criminalize it but you can't stop it.

Lobbyists can be stopped from so openly and aggressively vying for favors, but an attempt to banish lobbying practices would simply drive them under ground. There are too many ways to gain influence by granting favors for the practice to actually be put to a stop. It is better to have it openly done than behind the scenes.

• Lobbying influence can't be stopped but can be controlled under strict rules.

It's a long tradition in United States which came under question under various circumstances. Lots of government officials are approached by lobbyist which are assigned by some big names in the US economy. It cannot be stopped because all of them are involved in this huge vortex sometime government lose its credibility to its citizen.

• Lobbying Is Too Big to Ever Stop

No, it is not possible to stop lobbyist influence in Washington. Lobbying in Washington has grown so huge, with so much backing that it would be impossible to ever really put a stop to it. Lobbyists are so entrenched in Washington and politics that they would probably also be missed. The amount of money that lobbyists have at their disposal most certainly fuels a lot of debates and decisions over contracts and assorted legislation.