Is it right for a Jehova's Witness to recently let his wife die by not permitting a hospital to perform a blood transfusion on her?

• Religious liberty still takes precedence

Though the loss of life is never an easy thing to accept, it is important for us to remember that the right to the free exercise of religion is a fundamental right granted by the Bill of Rights. If a Jehova's Witness cannot accept a medical procedure, for himself or for his wife, due to religious reasons, that must be respected.

• Protect freedom of religion.

While I do not personally agree with the decision of a Jehovah's Witness to deny his wife a life-saving blood transfusion, one of our 1st Amendment rights is freedom of religion. In cases where a medical procedure contradicts the teachings of a particular church, I believe it is within their rights to refuse the procedure.

• Yes, it was right for a Jehova's Witness to recently let his wife die by not permitting a hospital to perform a blood transfusion on her.

Yes, it was right for a Jehova's Witness to recently let his wife die by not permitting a hospital to perform a blood transfusion on her. The Jehova's witness religion does not allow people to accept blood transfusions and that is their right. We should allow people to practice their religion as they see fit.

• It was wrong, but for more than just legal reasons.

Jehovah's Witness is a counterfeit religion in the first place, and they contradict the true Word of God so much its hard to call them a Christian denomination.

I would like the Jehovah's Witnesses to provide Biblical quotes which vindicate their opinions on blood transfusion. I am not aware of any and am a Bible scholar myself. There is no justification for this, and this does not fall under religious liberty under any circumstances.

• Right? No. Legal? Yes.

The moral argument of letting someone die when a simple medical procedure would have saved them is glaringly obvious. However if he had the right to decide whether she received the treatment, and didn't have the procedure done on religious grounds, it was legal. However, that doesn't make it "right" it just means the laws obviously haven't caught up with our sense of humanity.

• It is not right to let your wife die if a simple procedure could have saved her life.

No, it is not right for the Jehovah's Witness who recently let his wife die rather than letting a hospital do a blood transfusion. When given the opportunity to save someones life with a relatively safe and low-risk procedure, it is morally and ethically important to do so, despite one's religious beliefs.

• Jehova's Witness Hospital

I personally think that Jehova's witness should not let his wife die no matter what race or religion an individual is as well as permitting the hospital to perform a blood transfusion on her. I personally think that Jehova's witness should not affect how he really feels about his wife.