• No not at alllllll

There are some Christians who want to celebrate Christmas their holy festival . If Christmas is banned Diwali should also be banned or it will be unfair for Christians. Even I am a hindu I do not support this .Common guys we are not racists . " BE FAIR TO EVERYONE "

• It's a Religious Holiday

You can't separate Christmas from its religious base. If you disagree, then you're either willfully ignorant or hopelessly misguided. The same people opposed to secularism (for instance, the extremists on the "no" side), a founding principle of the United States, would start foaming at the mouth if schools also celebrated those traditions of non-Christian faiths. In the name of justice, this false celebration of outdated and absurd values should be totally banned!

• Yes! It should not be allowed in school!

There are many religions out there. If you celebrate Christmas, lots of families will take that as an offense, and the student will feel uncomfortable, and can get laughed at or insulted by not celebrating. If students really want to celebrate Christmas in school, that be fair! Do that after school activities, not during school. Students will not feel uncomfortable anymore, and will feel happier.

• Possibly but only if

Only if every other holiday is celebrated too. It's only the law! My school is having a christmas dance here soon. Ive been meaning to go up to the office and tell them that they should incorporate Hanukkah, kwanzaa, etc... Just as christian people have the right to celebrate so do the others.

• It depends on...

Unless you are going to recognize and celebrate all religious holidays of every religion, then American Christians are not entitled to celebrate it in a school with various other religions. Public schools in America are filled with Buddhists, Christians, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses and many others. Recognize and celebrate all... Or none.

• Free Expression is Free Expression whether it's relgious or non-religious.

People have a right to express themselves and their culture freely whether it is something religious or non-religious. Not everything to do with Christmas is necessarily religious in nature. Those who do not wish to celebrate Christmas should not be forced to, but they have no right to ban it from everyone else who wants to enjoy it, put up decorations, put on a Christmas program etc... It's like celebrating any holiday or culture. I'm don't personally care for Halloween that much, but I wouldn't try to ban it or prevent other people from celebrating it. Relgious or non-relgious it shouldn't matter. Live and let live. If atheists want to have a special time of year for them too then so be it. I respect that. So please respect my right to celebrate my culture and or my faith as I see fit.

• Banning Christmas such a retarded idea

Some idiots came up with the idea to ban Christmas because of excuses about religion.

I think that this is absolutely stupid many people who are not Christian celebrate Christmas.

Children that are NOT christian are not being left out to celebrate Christmas. So quit your excuses and be quiet.

• We need christmas

I think that we should have the right to celebrate Christmas in school. Not only is it our religion but our way of life some thing we do every year why not embrace it. Some people are afraid it will offend other religions, in reality if we can celebrate Christmas then they can celebrate their holidays.

• It is wrong to ban Christmas!

Most of this country consists of Christians. Christians tend to celebrate Christmas. We do not ask other religions to ban their celebrations nor are we offended by their celebrations. Each person should be allowed to celebrate their own holidays in his or her own way without worry of offending others as long as their celebrations do not impose on the rights of others.

• Santa doesn't care about your religion

Christmas is not about religion for everyone any more. For a lot of Americans, Christmas has become a holiday of giving back and sharing cheer with family and friends. When it comes to the schools, Christmas is something that we should be allowed to celebrate commercially at school, not in the religious sense.

• No no no

Christian people have a right to celebrate their holiday. If they want to celebrate, they can. It is our right to have our own religions, express our feelings and do what we want. Schools cant ban a holiday that SO many people celebrate. It is taking our rights away and upsetting people.

• NO, X-mas is here to stay!

There are some well organized small atheist groups at the forefront of banning Christmas in schools and its annoying and malicious. Banning one holiday but celebrating all the others is a petty attack at Christians. If you look at the legal findings all groups that have sued to have Christmas taken out of schools has been shut down in state and federal courts. If you do not like Christmas and your kids go to a school that supports Christmas then do the masses a favor and home school your children. Additionally, if you have a problem with Christmas then move to a country that does not support a joyous holiday.

• No! Keep Christmas and celebrate all religious holidays.

If a child does not celebrate Christmas then they shouldn't have to participate, but Christmas should not be banned. If they are going to ban a type of holiday then all should be banned. Not just one. Many schools celebrate other religious holidays but do not celebrate Christmas anymore. Personally I think this is disgusting.