Is it right to kill an animal to save a human's life

Asked by: athar13
  • Yes, Just as it is right to do the opposite.

If all life is equal, and I believe it is, gratuitous torture or murderous behavior towards any life should not be tolerated.

If I was trying to kill someone's dog, an animal that a family loves as one of their own, a friend they enjoy very much, I would expect they would defend his life, possibly by ending mine. Even if that was by accident. Especially if I was hurting it unprovoked.

Likewise, if a someone's dog is chasing let's say, my daughter and has latched onto her arm and has begun maiming her I have a choice to make, I can allow this, or I can attempt to stop the dog. The likely scenario is I hurt the animal, and it's likely I'll end up killing it by doing so. Likely provoked or not.

There is justification to protect life by ending life on both sides. Is it *right* as in correct? Maybe not, but it seems *just* depending on the situation.

• Humans More Important

Yup. Humans are more important than animals. It's true.

Animals are made for humans. The only reason they exist is to give to humans. Food and comfort are on the top of the list.

Even the Bible says so.

S s s s s s s s? Really? He he he he he X^D

• Because human life matters more : Baby Human > Tree

S s s s s ss ss s s s s s ss s s s s ss s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s

• Animals are also impaortant but.....

Humans have to kill animals under some circumstances.I'm sure if a tiger tries to kill you..One would not simply stare at the tiger and say"WE SHOULD NOT KILL ANIMALS,SAVE ANIMALS!"
    I'm not a hater of animals.I too love them and respect them but in some cases its better kill them to save ourselves.

• Yes human life is more Important. , But.....

An animal life is important too, but when it comes to saving a life of a human killing animal under certain circumstances is the right thing to do. Also when it come to saving a life I would still chose a human first then if at all possible the animal.

• If one tries to kill another, what would you do?

I am not saying that animal life is pointless and shouldn't be valued at all when compared to humans, because I do believe in animal rights and equality. What I am trying to say is that i would do it if the animal and human swapped. I would kill anyone if they have motives to kill another. I am not a serial killer but I am sure anyone would like to save an innocent life.

• All life is not equal.

This is a human concept, and one that is only shared by a select grouping of humans. Take a man and put him into a den of lions. There is no equality to be found there. Take a lamb and place him in the same den. The lamb’s life is now equal to the man’s, but are both viewed as less than equal to that of the lions (from the lions point of view). The value of life is subject to the individual placing said value, and this cannot be universally equal as it rejects all natural laws. It is only because man is greater than, that man can entertain the notion that all life may be equal. After all, who decides what “Life,” is? Or when it begins? Or how it should end? Or which is more valuable or more desired? So is it right to kill an animal to save a human? From the human needing to be saved it is. From the animal being killed it may not be. Maybe you should go ask all the lab rats, or the millions of people who were saved because of them…

• NO it is not right.

If one human dies ,it creates no problem in the nature. But if one single animal is killed ,it creates a big problem in the whole ecosystem and food chain which anyone of us can,t replace. So ANIMALS are important in the nature than us.Stop poaching , learn loving. It must be implemented.

Posted by: Aami
  • Only one codition

If you do that, it has to be quick and painless, but if its slow and painful, then no! Animals should not be pulled into it, just like animal research, it needs to stop!!!!! Animals have nothing to do with our problems, so humans should volunteer themselves for sience for experementation

• No cuz its mean

It is rude to take an animals life away to safe a human life, because animals are living things and they also have feelings like us and we do not need more species of animals extinct for human needs. If there is something wrong with your organs its your fault so you should not be killing animals for your own fault

• No, absolutely not.

It's not right at all to end someone's opportunity at living even though your time has already come.That's like saying " Is it okay to kill someone to bring this guy back to life?" because it's not. First things first, the animal never said" kill me so you can save this guy" The animal has a family too, maybe.People need to think about the fact that animals never gave you permission to kill their wives/children etc. Bottom line is, it's not right, because most of the time, the animal isn't on board.But that doesn't mean we won't do it because of our survival senses/

• There people too!

If you have a pet you know what I'm saying also if you have a pet like a dog or cat your eyes are opened to a pet loving world where every living thing is a person. So why would you kill to a LIVE animal to save 1 life when you can kill 1 liVe animal for research to save 1,000,000 lives!

• It is not good to kill animals

Animals are also living things. We killed many animals for our sake , we need to stop this ,because of this our national animal tiger is going to become extinct , which is just a shame for us. So we should start saving animals and stop killing animals for our sake

• No Never Noop

It is not good to kill animals for humans. We are also animals but well developed through mind and body. We have ability to develop our livelihood. It doesn't mean that the other organisms are just for us. If we would be in their situations, then we would felt terrible. In many Tales/Stories it is mentioned about some monster who used to eat men. They have mentioned the condition of humans at that time. May be the animals would feel the same.
    So it is not good to kill an animal for human.

• No Never Noop

profashaf says2015-11-10T09:27:37.990
MAMA AND PROF MADE MY LIFE A SUCCESS IN S.A +27604180512 SHE MADE MY LIFE A SUCCESS "several years of unhappiness in my marriage led to loneliness, continuous crying and suffering,after hearing about mama ,i decided to visit her "for only 100$ as a consultation fee,she read my fortune accurately and told me about my past life,my marriage and business and in a dish of water with a mirror she showed me the faces of my enemies as well as my husband`s girlfriend.She performed a special prayer and gave me powerful Indian crystals,oil,stick and ring to use at my work place,business as well as my home.UNBELIEVABLE!In less than 1 week,all my problems were over and I`m very happy in my marriage and my husband left his girl friend and came back to me.Over the years,i have tried many healer but they all failed.MAMA,your special ring is a blessing that has improved my financial status,business stability,love as well as my home.There is no other way to say thank you but to tell others about you and your work!Contact her +27604180512.She has offices in,sandton johannesburg OR WWW.PROFSHAF.CO.ZA