• I say scone (gone)

I guess it depends on what country variation you want. I am Australian and therefore use scone (gone). Although in America, I think scone (cone) means biscuit, which in Australia means cookie and cookie in America is biscuit. Then you get the full circle, where cookie means biscuit. Do not hold me to the cookie -> biscuit for America though. I haven't been to America myself, so this is just what I have witnessed from tourists and information sites.

• I say scone (gone)

• Yes to Scone (gone)

I have always called them scones (gone) and never scones (cone), as scone (gone) just sounds the correct way to pronounce this food item.

I suppose to pronounce them scones (gone) just sounds right and definitely a more working class way to call it a scone (gone). So it's a yes.

• I say a it is a yellow nelly.

A yellow nelly is a very sacred food in my culture where we live in hills. We need these nellys to live or else we will starve. To make nellys we play a song from Nelly extremely loud and we find feces from nelly and bake it in our speaker ovens. Hope this helps