Is it still scandalous to have an interracial marriage?

• It is wrong

I think that there is a lot wrong with having a marriage that is not in your race. It is about like a beagle dog mating with a pit bull. It is just not right and there needs to be something done to stop this from happening a whole lot.

• Love transcends race

It's pretty obvious that race doesn't dictate whether or not it is appropriate to love a person. Having said that, it is important that the two spouses are compatible with each other. If they are both raised with different cultural beliefs, then drifts may develop later on in the marriage.

• It's 2014. Come on.

This question genuinely makes me feel sick. Have we learned nothing after all this time? Race, gender, religion, background etc have zero significance when it comes to marriage; if you love someone and they love you, that is quite probably the rarest thing in the world and to throw it away because some bigots consider it 'scandalous' is moronic.

• No, interracial marriages are not scandalous.

Though it might have been scandalous, decades ago, interracial marriages are no longer seen as taboo today. I think that there has been a great amount of tolerance regarding the subject matter of interracial marriages. However, there will be always those who will have an issue with it. The general public though couldn't care less.

• No, I don't believe it's scandalous to have an interracial marriage.

I think in today's society it is fine to have an interracial marriage, I believe the only ones in either family who would have reservations about it are probably the most elder members of the family who grew up in that type of enviroment where it was frowned upon but in today's society it's perfectly fine.

• People are people

It's easy to find remnants of discriminatory ways of thinking throughout the world. In some places, racism is still a very real thing. The truth is that it is simply human nature to separate things into simple and superficial categories, including people. However, times are changing, and more people are realizing that the color of someone's skin predetermines nothing about that person.

• The color of skin doesn't lead to judgement anymore

Martin Luther King's dream for people to be judged by the content of their character rather than their skin was no fool heardy statement. MIf two people are willing to spend the rest of their lives together to the point of having to literally care for one another then so be it - the color doesn't maetr!