Is it surprising that Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson are now dating?

• Huge Age Difference!

Yes, I think it is surprising. Holland is 72 and Paulson 40. That's a 32 year age difference. In any relationship that would be considered extremely large. In addition, they don't appear to the typical couple. Both are actresses and highly recognized. This makes the pairing even odder considering the age difference.

• Yes, it is surprising that Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson are dating.

Yes, I do find it is surprising that Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson are dating, but I see nothing wrong with it. The surprising aspect of it to me is the difference in age between the couple: Taylor is 72 and Paulson is 40. One does not normally see such a large age difference between couples, especially between two women.

• Yes, it is surprising because of the age gap.

Yes, the news that Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson are now dating is surprising. This is primarily because of the age gap between the two of them. There is a difference of over thirty years between them, with one being in their 70s. Entering a relationship guarantees a premature end given standard human lifespan. While many would be surprised because of the same-sex aspect, it is more likely that an age gap will continue to hold stigma in life far longer than gender similarity.

• Nothing in matters of the heart surprise me anymore...

I think our society has become very accepting of whom we choose to share our lives and hearts with. Same sex couples are becoming more and more visible and accepted. Who are any of us to try and pass judgement on others that are just trying to find some happiness? If these two are content with each other, why should it be surprising?