Is it time for the U.S. to re-instate drafting into the armed services?

• The draft should be reinstated

• Cheapest way to expand military - http://www.ehow.com/facts_5200265_advantages-military-draft.html
    o Less money on recruitment
    o US would have largest and finest military in the world
    • Men and women could benefit from military training- http://www.bukisa.com/articles/313910_advantages-of-a-military-draft
    • Those drafted might choose to enlist in the Navy as well providing jobs
    • The draft itself provides jobs to people
    • This helped the economy after the Vietnam war
    • Court case Rostker V. Goldberg- said it was constitutional to draft only men- bioteck.Law.Edu
    • Being in the army has benefits also- http://www.goarmy.com/benefits.html
    o Comprehensive health care
    o Money for education
    o Generous vacation time
    o Cash allowance to cover the cost of living
    o Family services and support groups
    o Special pay for special duties
    • More than just combat options when drafted

• The draft should be reinstated

o Less money on recruitment
    o Comprehensive health care
    o Money for education
    o Generous vacation time
    o Family services and support groups
    o Special pay for special duties

• Toughen them up with a military draft.

Now that I'm safely out of the range for which the United States would draft for the armed services, I'm gonna say yes! I think that kids today are too spoiled and too whiny. A bit of time doing public service in a branch of the military might teach them more self-reliance and self-respect.

• Only for kids who after high school aren't going to college or learning some sort of vocation.

The military can give people valuable job skills, that can translate very well into civilian life. Also people seem to think that the armed services only include combat MOS', but there are more non combat options than there are combat option. Also, and not just to play on a cliché, I haven't seen people complain that there was a draft in the 1700's when we earned our independence, are we too good to defend our own country?

• The violent draft.

The draft for the Vietnam War caused lots of violent riots where hundreds of people were injured, and thousands killed. It also takes away our freedom rights, and our freedom of religion. Some religions believe war is unforgivable, and should be abolished. What happened to the idea of World peace people?

• We are a free country

We are a free country and should always have the right to choose our job occupation. Besides, most people are to fat and lazy to even be noticed by the military. The economy will fail miserably if all the strong, young men and women are drafted by the military. We need someone to do their jobs, like mechanics, farm work, and welding. We are a free country

• The Draft Should Not Be Re-Instated

I do not think the draft should be re-instated because of my personal relationship of the draft so to speak. I feel this way because my father was drafted to the army and was forced to serve in the Vietnam War. Although he survived when he came home he wasn't really the same person. He would wake up in the middle of the night screaming and really scaring all of us. Also when my mother would clean and use bleach, because of the strong odor he thought she was trying to poison and kill him. All of this led to their divorce, and now he lives three states away where I can barely see him. He takes various amounts of pills just to be somewhat "normal". So I take losing my father and my mom losing the love of her life all because of a draft.

• Recruiting? That's tyranty.

We should be able to do whatever w want with our future. They shouldn't have the right to drag us out o four homes. I believe we have enough recruits as it is. I only think this would be necessary if a world was broke out. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• It is not time for the U.S. to re-instate drafting into the armed services.

It is not time for the U.S. to re-instate drafting into the armed services. I believe that there are enough recruitment happening around the United States that this will not be necessary. If there is a drop in enlistment, then maybe this should go into effect. However, I do not think being drafted is good for anyone.

• No, there should be no draft.

We are not in any wars that make sense to most American people. There is no defense involved and the motives are always questionable. We should not draft our young people for this purpose. The only good thing that might happen would be protests such as we saw during the Vietnam War when there was a draft.

• It is not time for the United States to reinstate drafting into the armed services.

It is not time for the United States to reinstate drafting into the armed services. There is no war that is brewing that would require hundreds of boys and men to be put into mandatory military service. It is not practical to have a draft in peacetime, because it is so expensive as well.

• Force Should Not Be Used

I do not think the United States should re-instate drafting for the armed services. I think people who chose to follow that path can be making a wise decision, but I don't think people should be forced into the military. I think this is better for the military overall, the people who commit on their own, will be more likely to perform well.