• Yes, it is too easy

I think it is too easy to get a divorce. It seems like some states are almost encouraging people to get divorced. It is a shame that nowadays so many marriages end in divorce. It used to be much more difficult to get divorced and that forced people to actually have to work things out.

• Yes divorce is too easy.

My wife of nearly 20 years told me one day that I was not affectionate enough anymore and she wanted a divorce. A few months later she took off to another state to be with another man. So yes I would say divorce is way too easy, if would have been harder my marriage would have lasted.

• Yes divorce is too easy.

• Way too easy

My personal opinion is that todays generation treats marriage as disposable and doesn't realize or put forth the effort needed to make it last. Too many kids are now the result of one or both parents simply stating they are unhappy as their reason for divorce without giving honest efforts to make the marriage/family work. In my opinion marriage is a lifelong commitment and we need to teach our children that its not always going to be easy, that marriage takes work...A lot of work from both parties involved. Too many people are now getting married knowing that if they aren't happy they can just get a divorce not fully considering/knowing the long term effects/consequences...We might as well just be signing 5, 10 or 15+ year contracts...

• Way too easy

• People Treat Marriage as Dating

Many people in America treat marriage as if they are dating. The live with the person as a family and after 10 years they look for someone
    new to (date) marriage. The children are not important. The children become a situation of change. The reason for this, is it is too easy to get divorced in America.

• Divorce is too common and too easy to get

In America there are 1.2 million divorces granted in a year. Over half of all children are in America are involved in a divorce. All states allow no fault divorce and most do not need any kind of traditional reasoning to back it up. Yes some states do have a waiting period before a divorce is granted, but that does not stop people from divorcing

• NO its not easy enough

People should be able to get a divorce whenever they want. Of course it is a shame that many marriages end in divorce nowadays but people should not be forced to make a marriage work when it isn't. Whether people enter into marriage too readily is another question entirely. Increase in divorce rates mean nothing. Divorce rates used to be lower because it was so difficult that people had to suffer in an unhappy marriage and getting married viewed differently not because attitudes to marriage and divorce were any different. What do we expect when there are places like las vegas where you can gett married on a whim.

• No it is not easy to get a divorce.

Aside from the emotional strain of how to split a life that has merge into one back into two, there is also the costly affect of having to try to split the mutual asset. Then to top that off, you have to pay a huge chunk of money in order to file the divorce papers.

• No, it is not easier to get a divorce

It is not easier to get a divorce (legally) anyway. People seem more quick to opt for a divorce in this day and time but the process of divorce is lengthy and tough, not to mention costly. It seems that people see divorce as a quick option to end a relationship, however, the quick decision to get a divorce does not make the process of the divorce itself any faster.

• No, it is not easier to get a divorce

• It is not too easy to get a divorce.

It takes ten minutes and a marriage license to get married. The cost? Eighty dollars plus the cost of a ring. You aren't even required to go to any counseling or have blood tests done. To get a divorce, you have to hire a lawyer, you have to pay a few thousand dollars, and you have to go to court. It can take years if you don't reach any compromise. I think we should hire a lawyer BEFORE we get married.